*March & April 2021*

Oh @tdog I'm so sorry and I hope he recovers well!

@SCgirl we have most of what we need already I just have to figure out sleeping arrangements and in a couple months go through newborn clothes...

@Cath_Heather love the scan pics!! Could you be low on iron? Being tired is the worst!

@SCgirl its so exciting starting to get ready! Sounds like you’ve made a good start to what you need.

like @MrsKatie we don’t need anything at all, except a pack or two of newborn nappies (and some maternity stuff for me, pads etc) I just need to get the clothes and newborn sling down and washed and we are good to go. Oh and the car seat, which my parents have been using for my nephew.
Baby will be in our bed for (ever?!) a good few years, and I just pop their clothes in one of my drawers. I actually just moved my 2yos clothes out the other day and in to her bedroom.

I can’t imagine having to start again from scratch do you have friends who can loan you stuff so you don’t have to buy too much of the stuff that is short term use, like bouncy chairs etc?

Last edited:
Ladies I can’t urge you enough to get Depends (incontinence/disposable underpants) instead of postpartum pads. I finally used them last time and it’s sooooo much better!!!!

Haha yes the youngest is always in our bed until the next one comes along... and often longer!

Haha yes the youngest is always in our bed until the next one comes along... and often longer!

Yeah I’m a bit concerned about how we will sort this last one out with moving out of the bed! Usually just before I pop with the next the toddler moves in to the spare room in a double bed with my husband. But I’ll no incentive to do that with this next one so I guess it’ll be when they go to university :haha:

Ladies I can’t urge you enough to get Depends (incontinence/disposable underpants) instead of postpartum pads. I finally used them last time and it’s sooooo much better!!!!

haha I tried them after another friend raved and HATED them :haha: felt way too much like a diaper... ended up with the infinity foam ultra thin pads- even the heavy/extra large ones were not noticeable! (One of those to each their own things!)

we have quite a few items coming from friends, just not sure what/when yet... :shrug:

haha I tried them after another friend raved and HATED them :haha: felt way too much like a diaper... ended up with the infinity foam ultra thin pads- even the heavy/extra large ones were not noticeable! (One of those to each their own things!)

we have quite a few items coming from friends, just not sure what/when yet... :shrug:

oh that almost makes it harder not knowing what you will get and when. At leaSt if you buy it all yourself you know what’s what!

@Cath_Heather love the scan pics!! Could you be low on iron? Being tired is the worst![/QUOTE]
My iron levels have been fine. I think it may be the weather.. It's so hot and humid, I get exhausted a lot quicker.

You are all so organised! I have some clothes and sling from my DD, but we sold all of our gear before we moved so need to figure out whether to get a co-sleeper/crib/travel cot/bassinet??!
For those of you that bedshare, do you use a side rail? Do you start with a cosleeper? I don't really have the space in my room for a cosleeper or a huge cot. In my old house I had the babies in a bassinet but hated having to get out of bed everytime to feed them.

You are all so organised! I have some clothes and sling from my DD, but we sold all of our gear before we moved so need to figure out whether to get a co-sleeper/crib/travel cot/bassinet??!
For those of you that bedshare, do you use a side rail? Do you start with a cosleeper? I don't really have the space in my room for a cosleeper or a huge cot. In my old house I had the babies in a bassinet but hated having to get out of bed everytime to feed them.

I just pop baby in the bed beside me, I’m the bed guard :haha: I know you aren’t supposed to have them between parents but my husband is in for about an hour then ends up in with our toddler so it’s not an issue for us.

Hi ladies,

Happy new year. Not long now until our babies will be born. Im 24 weeks today so our baby girl is now viable. Ive been itching to get to this stage. She wriggles around like mad and has the hiccups a lot. I can see my belly move a little on the outside when she moves. It melts my heart.

@tdog I'm so sorry you're going through this. I hope the procedure goes well.

@MrsKatie I have bought maternity pads, I'll buy some incontinence pants also, thanks for the tip.

We are almost done with buying things now. Need to get a few bits for me, co-sleeper crib and sheets and thats about it.

My friends have given me lots of clothes, a bouncer, moses basket for downstairs, changing bag, steriliser, prep machine and other bits and bobs. I feel too organised yet not organised at all.

Hi ladies,

Happy new year. Not long now until our babies will be born. Im 24 weeks today so our baby girl is now viable. Ive been itching to get to this stage. She wriggles around like mad and has the hiccups a lot. I can see my belly move a little on the outside when she moves. It melts my heart.

@tdog I'm so sorry you're going through this. I hope the procedure goes well.

@MrsKatie I have bought maternity pads, I'll buy some incontinence pants also, thanks for the tip.

We are almost done with buying things now. Need to get a few bits for me, co-sleeper crib and sheets and thats about it.

My friends have given me lots of clothes, a bouncer, moses basket for downstairs, changing bag, steriliser, prep machine and other bits and bobs. I feel too organised yet not organised at all.

I am 24 weeks today, and feeling the same wriggles and jiggles :) Great to hear you are well organised. Have you started a nursery yet?

Happy New Year to everyone, and hope you had a good Christmas/any other holidays celebrated.

We had a quiet one due to restrictions, and now the kids’ school is closed again #-o

The restrictions are exhausting!
We are under no illusion that the kids will go back at all this school year. I just hope they can go back in the fall, but at this rate it's hard to believe this will ever end.

I am absolutely in tears from exhaustion - sleep has been SO bad. my insomnia is insane. Even if I fall asleep within 2 hours (rare), I wake up to pee between 2-3am and it takes me another 2-3 hours to finally doze off again. It's out of control, I really don't know what to do. Also my 9-year-old is having terrible sleep issues too and can't seem to doze off before 11pm (even when in bed by 8:30, relaxing bedtime routine no sugar no screen time lots of outside play etc) so I can't even attempt bedtime myself until after I've cleaned up after she's finally asleep. I'm just so tired!!! And my toddler is maybe teething or having a developmental leap or something cause he's waking up 10-20 times a night right now. It's out of control. Like, what are nights even? Just a black hole where dreams go to die.

Sorry, did I mention I'm tired?!?

@doggylover I was wrong, im 24 weeks today... baby brain. Well the nursery was decorated a year ago as a spare room, so we're going to have to do it again. Its not too bad, white walls with one feature wall that is aqua coloured. The carpet and furniture is grey so we'll most likely not decorate it again until she's a bit older. Maybe a year or so.

@MrsKatie oh you poor thing. No sleep is not good for you. I really feel for you. I feel terrible after 6 hours sleep last night so you must be really on edge. Biggest hugs, I hope it levels out soon.

My next MW appt is on 14th Jan and I had a scan appt through for Feb, not sure what that is for, I must remember to ask

The restrictions are exhausting!
We are under no illusion that the kids will go back at all this school year. I just hope they can go back in the fall, but at this rate it's hard to believe this will ever end.

I am absolutely in tears from exhaustion - sleep has been SO bad. my insomnia is insane. Even if I fall asleep within 2 hours (rare), I wake up to pee between 2-3am and it takes me another 2-3 hours to finally doze off again. It's out of control, I really don't know what to do. Also my 9-year-old is having terrible sleep issues too and can't seem to doze off before 11pm (even when in bed by 8:30, relaxing bedtime routine no sugar no screen time lots of outside play etc) so I can't even attempt bedtime myself until after I've cleaned up after she's finally asleep. I'm just so tired!!! And my toddler is maybe teething or having a developmental leap or something cause he's waking up 10-20 times a night right now. It's out of control. Like, what are nights even? Just a black hole where dreams go to die.

Sorry, did I mention I'm tired?!?

:hugs: I’m sorry you’re so exhausted right now. How do you find your kids have take to full time home learning? Here, our kids were out of school March-end of the year in June. Then back in September, long Halloween holiday, and now by all accounts they are preparing for long closures again (although officially it’s only a week). I am worried about the impact of the constant changes on them, seeing friends to not seeing them mostly. Have your kids adapted well to the reduced friendship time?

:hugs: again because being a mum is tough, at the minute it’s especially tough. And then pregnancy.

@doggylover I was wrong, im 24 weeks today... baby brain. Well the nursery was decorated a year ago as a spare room, so we're going to have to do it again. Its not too bad, white walls with one feature wall that is aqua coloured. The carpet and furniture is grey so we'll most likely not decorate it again until she's a bit older. Maybe a year or so.

@MrsKatie oh you poor thing. No sleep is not good for you. I really feel for you. I feel terrible after 6 hours sleep last night so you must be really on edge. Biggest hugs, I hope it levels out soon.

My next MW appt is on 14th Jan and I had a scan appt through for Feb, not sure what that is for, I must remember to ask

Sounds like your spare room will make a lovely nursery :) I think it’s a great idea to wait until she’s a bit older to decorate, you can make it more of a toddler/child room than a baby one so it lasts longer.

@doggylover thank you <3 my kids do ok, they play with each-other and since they haven’t been able to go to school at all since last March (!!!) they don’t have the confusion of going back and forth. Plus they play out front with neighbor kids too. But it’s hard on everyone for sure.

@Nixnax thank you, I am praying for a better night tonight!

@doggylover thank you <3 my kids do ok, they play with each-other and since they haven’t been able to go to school at all since last March (!!!) they don’t have the confusion of going back and forth. Plus they play out front with neighbor kids too. But it’s hard on everyone for sure.

@Nixnax thank you, I am praying for a better night tonight!

Yes we are so incredibly grateful that two doors down we have a family who have the same age kids as us. The boys are best friends, so we all play in the street a lot and it has been a life saver. It’s my daughter I worry about more, she is used to her friends at school, their time together, and she misses that a lot when schools close. We also do still see their cousins (similar ages) as we think the social/emotional benefit of that for the kids outweighs the risks of spreading anything. So I suppose they still get lots of social interaction, I’m just having a panic these last few days because everything has changed again!

Right- at least here it’s been pretty much the same since last March (!!!), no school no indoor play dates etc, so no back and forth. Kids are so adaptable and resilient. It’s good for them too to have the family time. I think it’s all about the emotional environment we create at home- they follow our lead. If we outwardly present the message that this is and will be ok and we can handle it, they’ll feel that too.

Hope everyone is doing good, im 28 weeks now! Really on the final stretch now, I'm not organised at all, well I have clothes for baby but that's it!

I think we decided to buy a full sized cot and attach it to the bed? Anyone else do that before? I know I want baby to sleep in my room for at least a year and ill be breastfeeding so hopefully I'll get better sleep if I don't need to get up to feed her everytime. Seems like a big cot will be so huge for a newborn though.

@MrsKatie so sorry to hear how exhausted you are right now, I have trouble getting back to sleep in the night too, I try to fight the urge to go toilet in the night hoping I can get back to sleep haha
Is there something you can take at night to help you drift off? Would chamomile tea help?

Yes restrictions are bad here too, schools closed, I'm not too upset about that for now but I hope by March things can be a bit more normal.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->