*March & April 2021*

So cute @KylasBaby !

Has anybody had any issues with pregnant family or friends when picking names? I have a few friends and SIL expecting after me and I'm kinda worried what if I pick a name that they also chose? My friend asked me if I had picked a name cause she has one but she didn't tell me what it is?!

@sunnydee, my sweet baby sister is pregnant with her first and due in August. I flat out asked her if she has any names she’s attached to so I wouldn’t use them :)

Thats lovely, do you not have any names chosen yet?
I think I'll ask her but what if its one that I like too?! I don't have one picked but I have a short list of what I like

well, failed the 1hr glucose test for the first time (they said barely)- so I've been told to go do the 3hr test. Thankfully didn't seem to be a huge hurry, and they said I could wait until after the holidays and enjoy them! I should have another growth ultrasound in 3 more weeks- last one was the anatomy around 21 weeks.

@KylasBaby that smiling pic is just the cutest.

I think we have finally settled on a name. Isla Natalie. Natalie is my other halfs deceased sisters middle name. I love the name Isla.

@sunnydee we have a couple ideas for a girl's name but nothing chosen. no boys' names yet, they are so much harder for me and also I feel so sure this is a girl! We always choose the name after we meet the baby.

@SCgirl I really hope you pass the 3-hr test! sorry you have to wait.

@Nixnax what a beautiful name. I am so sorry to hear about your husband's sister, how utterly devastating. that will be a meaningful tribute to her. Did she pass long ago or recently?

We are staying with my in-laws (LOVE them) right now and it's meant I can do a workout class every single morning, which has been a total game changer for my mood and energy levels.

@KylasBaby that smiling pic is just the cutest.

I think we have finally settled on a name. Isla Natalie. Natalie is my other halfs deceased sisters middle name. I love the name Isla.

That’s a beautiful name! Isla was one of our top names for our first daughter, just pipped by something else, but it is so beautiful. And Natalie will be a lovely addition

We’ve had our Christmas plans ruined by the new covid measures, so have spent the last 48hrs sorting out shipping the kids gifts from my in laws (500miles away) to us and just praying they get here.

I barely felt sick today which is the first time in a LONG time, so hoping it lasts!!

That sounds amazing, I had great intentions of doing some prenatal yoga every day during this pregnancy but I've only done it once so far lol!!

@Nixnax I love the name Isla too, my cousin has an Isla! Thats lovely to have a meaningful name to pass on too.

@MrsKatie yes boys names are definitely harder! I have a list of girls names but I won't pick one until she is born, my husband was trying one out today and it just sounded so weird to hear him refer to the baby as an actual name haha
Even when my son was born and we had named him, I still called him baby for weeks!

@SCgirl sorry you have to do the 3hr glucose test! I had to do that one last pregnancy and now I don't need any test this time round!

@MrsKatie she was his twin sister, breaks my heart. She was 13 when she passed away from a rare cancer. Its the season for girls it seems. I planned to do pregnancy yoga, I managed one or two sessions and then stopped.

@doggylover its the only name we've been able settle on. Im glad it's a girl, boys names are a lot harder I found. Oh that sucks about Christmas, we can just about do ours as planned, luckily we didn't plan anything big or for more than one day. Hope the pressies arrive in time.

@sunnydee thank you. Ha ha you have the same motivation level as I do

Even when my son was born and we had named him, I still called him baby for weeks!

I do this! I find the transition to calling them by their name (even though I’ve loved all their names) really hard. I call them “the baby” for far too long!

@MrsKatie she was his twin sister, breaks my heart. She was 13 when she passed away from a rare cancer. Its the season for girls it seems. I planned to do pregnancy yoga, I managed one or two sessions and then stopped.

@doggylover its the only name we've been able settle on. Im glad it's a girl, boys names are a lot harder I found. Oh that sucks about Christmas, we can just about do ours as planned, luckily we didn't plan anything big or for more than one day. Hope the pressies arrive in time.

@sunnydee thank you. Ha ha you have the same motivation level as I do

We were supposed to fly to my in laws on Wednesday. We waited until they announced all the measures and dates to travel etc, booked the flights, told the kids... then got shat on when they changed their minds. But I think we will have a nice day here with just the 5 of us. I feel awful for my MIL though. We’ve hardly seen her this year and she was so excited, and she has bought all the food! She’ll be fine with the border closures meaning freight is delayed. She’ll be able to survive about two months on what she bought :haha:

Boys names are so hard. I don’t love any of them at all :confused:](*,)](*,)](*,)

@Nixnax oh that poor poor girl. That must have destroyed his family to lose her. So glad you will use her name.

Boy names are so hard! We have John (he’s 6 now, goes by “Johnny” primarily) and Mickey (he’ll be 2 in February and we call him “Mick” half the time).

Hi ladies :)

@Nixnax I'm so sorry about your DHs loss, that must have been devastating. Having her name as her middle name is so thoughtful. I LOVE the name Isla, it was on top of our list incase baby was a girl, but hes a boy. We pretty much settled on Hudson Noah but that could change. He may not even "look" like a Hudson. I

@Cath_Heather I love that name! And yes that’s exactly it! When we’ve seen our babies it’s been like, ok what name do you look like? That said, I knew our second girl would be Summer before she was even conceived. I knew she was coming and her name would be Summer, like it was written somehow and I didn’t even choose it. So it can totally go both ways.

Hi ladies :hi: sorry I've been Mia been a crazy few months, so beginning of Nov oh got rushed to hospital with suspected heart attack had all tests he has a irregular heartbeat and clots on his lungs :cry: I've been on the sick from work with stress been stressing about everything at the same time we get a call from landlord he selling house so we need to move out, trying to find a house tho is providing impossible, the hospital are going to restart his heart 7th Jan I'm a nervous wreck about that if I'm honest :cry: I've been having hypos as not been able to eat due to being stressed but baby is moving amazing feeling feet elbows sticking out all over, 20 week scan went well when I went, had my growth scan on 21st (daughters birthday) and baby was playing with umbilical cord and was waving it was amazing :) xx

Hope you ladies are well xx

Hi ladies :hi: sorry I've been Mia been a crazy few months, so beginning of Nov oh got rushed to hospital with suspected heart attack had all tests he has a irregular heartbeat and clots on his lungs :cry: I've been on the sick from work with stress been stressing about everything at the same time we get a call from landlord he selling house so we need to move out, trying to find a house tho is providing impossible, the hospital are going to restart his heart 7th Jan I'm a nervous wreck about that if I'm honest :cry: I've been having hypos as not been able to eat due to being stressed but baby is moving amazing feeling feet elbows sticking out all over, 20 week scan went well when I went, had my growth scan on 21st (daughters birthday) and baby was playing with umbilical cord and was waving it was amazing :) xx

Hope you ladies are well xx
I am so sorry about your OH :( that sounds awful, you're both in my thoughts and I hope everything goes well with the procedure. I'm so glad baby is active and healthy :hug:

I had my anamoly (abnormality) scan today. Baby boy is happy and healthy. All organs and body parts are looking good. He didn't want to turn away from my spine and was moving a lot, so sadly couldn't get many clear pictures.. He wasn't shy about his boy parts flying around :haha: I can't believe he weighs 526 grams already! He measured about 6 days ahead but nothing of concern. Sorry about the side ways pic.
IMG-20201228-WA0004.jpeg

I've been super low on energy. Been on leave and sleep most of the day away.. Have at least a 3 hour nap daily really want to start getting a bit more active as I'm starting to get supppper lazy. I was gyming 3 to 4 times a week before I got pregnant and was really getting fit.. Now I just battle so much with fatigue and back pain. I find my maternity belt helps a lot but I can't wear it all the time as its just so hot! I hope everyone had a Merry Christmas and are doing well xxx

I had my anamoly (abnormality) scan today. Baby boy is happy and healthy. All organs and body parts are looking good. He didn't want to turn away from my spine and was moving a lot, so sadly couldn't get many clear pictures.. He wasn't shy about his boy parts flying around :haha: I can't believe he weighs 526 grams already! He measured about 6 days ahead but nothing of concern. Sorry about the side ways pic.
View attachment 1092575

I've been super low on energy. Been on leave and sleep most of the day away.. Have at least a 3 hour nap daily really want to start getting a bit more active as I'm starting to get supppper lazy. I was gyming 3 to 4 times a week before I got pregnant and was really getting fit.. Now I just battle so much with fatigue and back pain. I find my maternity belt helps a lot but I can't wear it all the time as its just so hot! I hope everyone had a Merry Christmas and are doing well xxx

Thank you for you thoughts and prayers lovely :) xx

So glad everything OK oh yes he is definitely a he and proud of it aswell :blush: :haha: I'm having to nap when I can other wise I get so cranky :shrug: xx

@tdog so glad to hear an update, I’ve thought about you several times over the last few months. So sorry to hear about your OH and his heart, very scary for you both. Glad all is well with baby, but sounds like a really hard few Months for you. Hope you find a new home asap

Took the 3-hr glucose test after failing the 1hr. Totally passed, all numbers well within normal range. So happy about that! OB appt today- should just be a quick how are you feeling/check hb. Growth ultrasound in 10 days.

have y’all started preparing yet? I’ve finally reached the point of maaaaaybe this is really happening and we should act like there will be a baby here soon. I bought a car seat on sale back in November and nothing but a few sleep&plays since until last night- ordered breast pump (motif Luna) through insurance (debated between that and spectra bc I loved spectra in the past) and a cheap dresser to help organize what baby stuff we have (we don’t have space for it- baby will be in our room longer than any of the others bc we don’t have a spare bedroom)- but it’s needed.

now thinking I should probably get a bassinet or crib / monitor soonish

it’s our third, but we didn’t save anything besides a few outfits from the others!!

She’s expected to be here no more than 82 days from now!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->