Kraft Mayo

Kimber

Reaction score
Okay, Don't 'tisk' me for the stupid question! :wacko:

Kraft mayo in the jar is ok to eat, right?

I am making a yummy broccoli salad that calls for it, and I was just about to taste test when I thought, "hmmmm..." And for ONCE I thought to check before I ate it then worry for 2 weeks after. :nope:

I think I've heard as long as it's a jarred mayo it's ok. Have you ladies heard the same?

P.S. I don't see on the jar specifically that it's pasteurized...

This is what I found from pregnancy.org:

"Store bought mayonnaise, even though it contains eggs, is safe to eat during pregnancy. Because the product goes through processing, any potential pathogen that could cause food-born illness would be destroyed during that process.

Other sauces and/or condiments made at home with raw eggs should NOT be consumed during pregnancy such as homemade mayonnaise, hollandaise sauce, etc. Keep in mind that uncooked cake batters, cookie dough, etc. that you make at home would contain raw eggs and should not be consumed!"

So Kraft mayo should be ok:thumbup:

I couldn't resist egg salad anymore, I did rigorous research to find the answer.. SAFE
All food borne illnesses are destroyed before it is processed into mayo.
Very annoying they don't label the jars 'pasturized' though!! Would save a lot of hassle for us preggos

I couldn't resist egg salad anymore, I did rigorous research to find the answer.. SAFE
All food borne illnesses are destroyed before it is processed into mayo.
Very annoying they don't label the jars 'pasturized' though!! Would save a lot of hassle for us preggos

Thank you!! At least now you know that us fellow preggos will benefit from your research!

And you are right, they should totally just put it on the jar!!! GAH! :winkwink:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ashhmichelle
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->