January/ February Snowflakes 2024

I think now I've planned it in my head Im happy for Sunday to be 'the day' lol. I will be awkward though in saying what I want and don't want at the hospital!! I really don't want the drip I think I would refuse that, I also would rather not have my waters broken too early at least... Im willing to have another examination and sweep first then perhaps the pessary and see where we go from there.

It would actually be really convenient to go either Saturday or Sunday as the kids will be at their dads and I can calmly take all the things they need to my mums and just relax a little.
Having said that I've felt a few tightenings in the past hour. No idea if real or bh lol. It's bedtime here though so I should get some sleep just incase!!
That sounds like a good plan put all this on your birth plan while you have tome to do so. Can't wait to hear he's here x

Oooh good luck! Mucous plug means nothing but bloody show almost always means labour starting in the next 24h or so!

But with induction date for Sunday it's not long now either way. Can't wait to see another baby announcement.

Good luck, I think you won't be making your induction date.

Still at home but definitely contracting now... I never knew there was a difference between plug and show tbh??
I want to go to the hospital but I spoke to a midwife a few hrs ago and she was really condescending telling me to not bother coming basically until I'm having 4 in 10 but I live about 45 mins away and we have to get a lift.. I don't know how close they are tbh it's confusing me. I'm trying to track them but trying to rest. I'm feeling a lot of pressure though when I lie down it's scaring me a little...

Still at home but definitely contracting now... I never knew there was a difference between plug and show tbh??
I want to go to the hospital but I spoke to a midwife a few hrs ago and she was really condescending telling me to not bother coming basically until I'm having 4 in 10 but I live about 45 mins away and we have to get a lift.. I don't know how close they are tbh it's confusing me. I'm trying to track them but trying to rest. I'm feeling a lot of pressure though when I lie down it's scaring me a little...
Try not to worry. Do you have a contrations counter on your phone if so pop that on your phone page and track them as they happen or have hubby track them for you while you do as you need. Try and change positions if you can see if that helps with the preasure x

Midnight here I'm heading into the hospital. Never mind what they say I know I'm in labour!! Think contractions every 5 mins

Yay, good luck. Can't wait to see a baby update!

No baby. They sent me home again at 2am. Fuming. They put me on the monitor which I hated for half an hour before she would even check dilation, babys heart etc was fine but she said I'm not contracting, even though I could feel them. And she didn't clinically need to check me. I asked her to anyway and she says I'm not even dilated AT ALL!!!! How can that be possible when I was 1cm on Wednesday?! Said she couldn't do a sweep but the midwife managed it the other day?! Uhhh.
She also said I will need to be on the monitor continuously in active labour??! Because I'm apparently high risk cos of a big baby and low papp a. Nobody has mentioned being high risk to me once and the low papp a thing hasn't even been brought up again since I was told I have it. The main risks for that were small baby and miscarriage and I've clearly had neither of those. I told her I don't mind intermittent monitoring but I'm not being strapped up the whole time and she says she would have to ask to OK it with a doctors assessment.
She stressed me out and I'm sure sent the contractions away cos I was no longer relaxed. If I go back for induction she was also arguing with me about the methods I would be allowed to use. I've a feeling I'm going to have to fight for the birth I wanted and argue against recommendations which is really not what I needed. Frustrating as my community midwife has been great so far and everyone I've spoken to at hospital before has been supportive but these labour ward staff have all been awful.

Oh no, so sorry they sent you back home again. How frustrating :( I'm sorry age stressed you out so much and the contractions stopped. I hope things will start up again soon. The staff sound really unsupportive.

Argh I am so frustrated for you.

Find out if they have wireless telemetry at the least, cause at least then you won't be bed-bound. I was even able to labour in water with the wireless monitor on in my first labour

But you absolutely have the right to refuse continuous monitoring - you don't even need the Dr to approve it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->