January/ February Snowflakes 2024

Soo Im either just 40 weeks today by my dates or 40+3 by the hospital dates...
It's just gone midnight here so I'm about to go to bed, thought something was happening again earlier had twinges and braxton hicks on and off all day. Now I'm not so sure. Can contractions come in groups? It's like I get a set of 3 fairly close then nothing for an hour. Confusing. Midwife again later to attempt another sweep. It's gotta be soon lol. I feel different somehow can't quite put my finger on it.

Nothing overnight but as soon as I'm up I'm feeling something again. Isn't it stupid that it's my third and I'm more confused this time than ever about wether they are contractions or not!!

Morning @josephine3 briefly had a read through. Everything sounds so positive have you tried anything to try and physically start labour?

@Pinkfizz2015 like what? I'm open to suggestions think I've tried it all except sex lol.
Had the midwife today she managed to do a proper sweep I'm still only dilated to 1cm though which is crazy to me... I'm reluctantly booked for induction on Sunday if nothing happens before then. I will be 41 weeks by their dates but only 40+4 by mine. And I know I can't be more than that...
However, I do think baby will be huge and Im starting to worry about him getting stuck. The longer I wait too the more anxious I get and trying to be constantly ready to go it starting to strain me mentally. I just kind of want him here now and the scary birth part over with. So as reluctant as I am to induce I think I've made my peace with it.

@josephine I used my electric breast pump from 39 weeks. Gave me contractions every time. Actually only had to do 2 sessions. After the first try had slight contractions right after that lasted a few hours. Did it again the night after and labor started within the hour. I was definitely ready but pretty sure I'd have made it a few more days if I didn't do it.

@Pinkfizz2015 like what? I'm open to suggestions think I've tried it all except sex lol.
Had the midwife today she managed to do a proper sweep I'm still only dilated to 1cm though which is crazy to me... I'm reluctantly booked for induction on Sunday if nothing happens before then. I will be 41 weeks by their dates but only 40+4 by mine. And I know I can't be more than that...
However, I do think baby will be huge and Im starting to worry about him getting stuck. The longer I wait too the more anxious I get and trying to be constantly ready to go it starting to strain me mentally. I just kind of want him here now and the scary birth part over with. So as reluctant as I am to induce I think I've made my peace with it.
Try some curb walking there are also some labour induction dances and exercise that are great if you have stairs walk up and down them for a bit now that you have had your sweep gravity and being active is your friend. My last was a big baby to and I'm scared of the same again this time round but all will be well the hospital will have you no matter what x

Try some curb walking there are also some labour induction dances and exercise that are great if you have stairs walk up and down them for a bit now that you have had your sweep gravity and being active is your friend. My last was a big baby to and I'm scared of the same again this time round but all will be well the hospital will have you no matter what x
Yep been doing the kerb walking lol I look like a lunatic. And taking the stairs sideways 2 at a time even though I feel like it's dangerous... What was your big baby experience can I ask?

@Teanna I don't have a pump but I should try just with my hands it's just finding the time to do it lol. How long did you do it for? I know I should try sex too but it's the last thing I want to do!

Oh another thing I done was I went round the whole house and scrubbed every door and door facings and skirting boards next morning from all I've given I was in labour and just kept on upright and active through it so I didn't have a chance of it stopping. It wasn't that bad tbh my last growth scan 2 weeks before she was born was saying she was 7lb but she was a whopping 9lb 1oz I did have assistance as I grew tired but in the end she turned do there wouldn't of been any possible way for me to deliver her on my own had she not turned I would of done it myself. The only thing I can advise is remember to breath through the contrations breathing is the most useful thing you can do for yourself and bubs also yous the hospitals tens machine I swear they are the best things made in life and you don't find them on the market lol. I can't wait to see your little baba I've watched you for so many years in your journey x

@Pinkfizz2015 what thread are you hanging out on these days so I can follow you too? One of the pregnancy groups?
My last baby was 9lb 7 and he was a much better birth than my 8lb 1 lil girl. But I think this one he closer to 10lb and also his head is over the 99th percentile so it sounds really scary! He was measured 8lbs at 36+5. Did you have forceps? That kinda scares me too!

@josephine3 honestly just a few minutes, it caused contractions immediately so it really didn't take much.

Cramped bad every time I nursed after delivery too for a few days at least.

@Pinkfizz2015 what thread are you hanging out on these days so I can follow you too? One of the pregnancy groups?
My last baby was 9lb 7 and he was a much better birth than my 8lb 1 lil girl. But I think this one he closer to 10lb and also his head is over the 99th percentile so it sounds really scary! He was measured 8lbs at 36+5. Did you have forceps? That kinda scares me too!
I started the August/September group not much happening there just now (I really do need to update it later) I think the numbers are scary but most of the numbers are way off. I had suction cup to be honest her birth was better than my other 2 tiny babies lol. You will be fine you have this and just remember it's all worth it you have worked so super hard for this moment x

I think now I've planned it in my head Im happy for Sunday to be 'the day' lol. I will be awkward though in saying what I want and don't want at the hospital!! I really don't want the drip I think I would refuse that, I also would rather not have my waters broken too early at least... Im willing to have another examination and sweep first then perhaps the pessary and see where we go from there.

It would actually be really convenient to go either Saturday or Sunday as the kids will be at their dads and I can calmly take all the things they need to my mums and just relax a little.
Having said that I've felt a few tightenings in the past hour. No idea if real or bh lol. It's bedtime here though so I should get some sleep just incase!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->