Fennel Tea

Inka1997

Reaction score
I'm freaking out, I am currently 3+5 and I decided to cut out caffeine completely. So I brought what I thought was Ginger & Lemon tea but turns out it contains Fennel. I've read online it can cause early miscarriage although nothing on NHS website. Does anyone know anymore information on this?

It's one of the teas that could *possibly* cause miscarriage due to being estrogenic. You'd likely have to drink a lot of it (multiple cups a day) to have any effect. Most reas that are considered "possibly unsafe because they haven't been well enough studied" are acceptable in moderation (one cup a day or less).

Even some herbs that do have proven abortifacient effects in large doses would be safe to consume as a tea in moderation (though obviously not something many people would want to chance)

A tea is literally the weakest herbal preparation. To actually see a benefit from herbs (for example the red raspberry tea often consumed at the end of pregnancy) it really needs to be as an infusion (steeped for 8 hours). 3-5 minutes of steeping has no potency.

Now I'm not saying go ahead and finish the fennel tea. That's one I really am not very familiar with and just looked up quickly on some of my trusted herbal sources, but I do hope it will ease your mind about what you have consumed so far already.

Also, chamomile, peppermint, red raspberry, passionflower and many more all have the same classification. *Possibly* unsafe in large doses, but fine to consume in moderation (1 cup a day or less)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->