Bacon Bits and Pepperoni?

LuckyInLove09

Expecting our little girl
Reaction score
I'm just full of questions today apparently! Lol.

I LOVE both of these. I've been taking a small handful of the bacon bits and eating them during the day and I've also been eating salad with bacon bits. Today I had about 10 slices of cold pepperoni. I've been keeping away from sandwich meat like the turkey, ham, roast beef, etc. But it never occured to me that I shouldn't be eating cold pepperoni and bacon bits. Are these bad?

I don't think so. I ate them all through my first pregnancy. My daughter is fine and so am I. The doctor gave me a list of things to avoid and that wasn't on it.

I'd avoid nitrates in your meats if at all possible. I hate all deli meat except salami and pepperoni. So no more salami for me and only pepperoni on my pizza! As for bacon... check the package. I've been eating nitrate free bacon on rare occassion, oh, and on my pizza ;)

Now if you're talking soya bits flavoured like bacon.. that I have no answer for but I'd think that in moderation they're fine too. Perhaps someone knows more about that..?

sandwich meats aren't necessarily bad, like the PREPACKAGED kind that you buy by the cheeses and stuff but the ones from the deli you have to steer clear of. I ate sandwiches (made from the prepackaged meat)all the time when preggo with both of my kids, and they turned out fine and dr said it was fine...I dont think bacon bits or pepperoni can do any harm....as far as i know...g/l! sorry i couldnt be more help! :hug:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ashhmichelle
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->