April Showers - April 2023 testing thread

Just want to check in, if I have missed anyone's test date on the front page, or if you want to change yours, let me know!

Good luck ladies!

Have some 10miu tests I will start using Monday if I ovulated I'll be 6dpo know that it's wicked early to test. I haven't tested in what seems like forever. Had a cp then got af at 3dpo pretty sure I didn't ovulate after the cp. So hope I did this cycle.

3dpo today not much to report other than bbs hurting already.

Good luck ladies testing soon. Hope we see lots of bfps in this testing thread.
:dust:

Definite ovulation for me today!
Well I mean opk were very strongly positive (don't know about you ladies, but the biggest indicator for me isn't just the darkness of the line but how quickly it comes up) lots of ewcm and AWFUL ovulation pain - really intense for about 2 hours. BD today, yesterday.... Also Tues I think. I still don't know whether to count day after ov pains as 1fpo or day after that as guidance seems to say that o generally happens 12+ hours after an opk shows peak? But the pain seems to suggest it's literally happening now. I think I'll say I'm 1dpo tomorrow!
I need to order more tests and try not to take them every day from 3dpo or something stupid.
Officially April tomorrow. GL everyone for testing!

Definite ovulation for me today!
Well I mean opk were very strongly positive (don't know about you ladies, but the biggest indicator for me isn't just the darkness of the line but how quickly it comes up) lots of ewcm and AWFUL ovulation pain - really intense for about 2 hours. BD today, yesterday.... Also Tues I think. I still don't know whether to count day after ov pains as 1fpo or day after that as guidance seems to say that o generally happens 12+ hours after an opk shows peak? But the pain seems to suggest it's literally happening now. I think I'll say I'm 1dpo tomorrow!
I need to order more tests and try not to take them every day from 3dpo or something stupid.
Officially April tomorrow. GL everyone for testing!
Good luck sounds like ya got your bases covered O:) hope the tww goes by fast for you.

Hi ladies, was hoping someone might be able to make sense out of this month's chart for me, ever since starting progesterone each cycle at 3dpo last November my temps have been a bit all over the place, but this month really takes the cake, not sure if the fact I'm a bit unwell is contributing, I have never ovulated later then 15dpo, and since December/January it's been more around the 10/11dpo. I'm just so confused! Ran out of ovulation tests so I didn't have that for guidance this cycle either. I am hoping day 14 may have been ovulation?IMG_20230401_094151.jpg

@Pink.Rose

I’m wondering the same this cycle? I was told you can have a chemical without even getting a BFP. The egg gets fertilised then when it comes to implantation it just fails and dies off. Would make sense why I had pains at 8dpo last cycle and again this cycle and the high heart rate. Mine dropped yesterday and I got another bfn so I know I’m out now, Af is still a bit of a wait with my lp being 16 days long. I’m 13dpo today. Still no symptoms. My sore boobs went away. I won’t be testing again now until the end of April and it feels so far away.
Just some advice regarding the CB digital advance opk. I always get my peak on that several hours b4 I get peak the strip opks. I generally ovulate the same day as the strip opk peak, depending on when it peaks. If I get the peak in the afternoon then I ovulate the same day, if later in the day then I ovulate the following day. I had my static smiley this cycle at around 12:30am and then the peak strip was at 6pm. Then the following day I had ewcm. I had a bit b4 but not as much, so if we didn’t catch I’m wondering if it’s because we used all his good guys up when I got peak on the digital. Was the same last cycle too. As we Bd peak day, ovulation day and day after.
I’ve read those cb opks are not as accurate. I only have 1 cb stick left and I don’t think I’m going to bother with them anymore. I’m just going to stick with my Femometer opks. Just thought I’d give you the heads up.

@josephine3
Good luck I hope you get your BFP, symptoms sound great,

@Laurabub84
Glad af is out the door. I always find when that’s done with that’s the real start. You can start opks etc. really hope you get lucky this cycle.

@thencomesbebe
I’m so sorry lovely. Hope we both get our sticky BFPs when we test later in April, [-o<

afm
13dpo. Possibly 12 but more likely 13dpo. Had another bfn yesterday with FMU.
Don’t think I’m going to bother testing again because Even if I did see lines today like I did at 13dpo in feb, I know it won’t progress and I will lose, heart rate dropped yesterday and the on off sore boobs I was having has gone. Not sure if I will be trying next cycle. It all depends on the blood results.
Won’t be on here much. I do love seeing everyone get there BFPs but at the same time I just feel sad that it’s not me, I think deep deep down I just know in my heart it’s just not going to happen,
Will see what these bloods are like and if they are normal we will keep trying for a few more months. But at some point I will have to give up,
I know at my age I have more chances of it not happening then it happening,
Read on google last night that from 43 fertility basically falls off a cliff. I don’t know how some older women manage it. They just must be extremely lucky. Hopefully I’ll be one of them and I will get my rainbow baby. But I just know it’s highly unlikely!

Last edited:
Sending hugs @Suggerhoney :hugs: long term TTC is harddd. Those last few days waiting for AF are the worst and I hope you are feeling better when it comes back around to the ovulation phase. I am struggling with emotions a bit lately as well cause we are now looking at schools for my first kid for next year and it's hit me what a huge age gap it's gonna be that he won't even be home much to play with a future sibling if we are ever blessed enough to have a 2nd. coming up to 4yrs TTC in July and it is heartbreaking! I am now on DHEA, Progesterone, vit D, Metformin, CoQ10, PreNatals, Iron, tranexamic acid (during AF), and Low dose naltrexone (dr thinks I have endo and that last one is meant to help lower inflammation) I feel like a walking pharmacy and despite being on all of those for at least the last 6 months (except the DHEA started in Feb) we have had no success whatsoever. :sad1:

I failed a HSG test and SHG test due to cervix was too dilated to seal to check my tubes so I have just been booked in for the waiting list for a laparoscopy so they can check my tubes are clear and if they find endo growths they will excise it at the same time. Hoping the wait won't be too long and that it gives some answers.

@Pink.Rose

I’m wondering the same this cycle? I was told you can have a chemical without even getting a BFP. The egg gets fertilised then when it comes to implantation it just fails and dies off. Would make sense why I had pains at 8dpo last cycle and again this cycle and the high heart rate. Mine dropped yesterday and I got another bfn so I know I’m out now, Af is still a bit of a wait with my lp being 16 days long. I’m 13dpo today. Still no symptoms. My sore boobs went away. I won’t be testing again now until the end of April and it feels so far away.
Just some advice regarding the CB digital advance opk. I always get my peak on that several hours b4 I get peak the strip opks. I generally ovulate the same day as the strip opk peak, depending on when it peaks. If I get the peak in the afternoon then I ovulate the same day, if later in the day then I ovulate the following day. I had my static smiley this cycle at around 12:30am and then the peak strip was at 6pm. Then the following day I had ewcm. I had a bit b4 but not as much, so if we didn’t catch I’m wondering if it’s because we used all his good guys up when I got peak on the digital. Was the same last cycle too. As we Bd peak day, ovulation day and day after.
I’ve read those cb opks are not as accurate. I only have 1 cb stick left and I don’t think I’m going to bother with them anymore. I’m just going to stick with my Femometer opks. Just thought I’d give you the heads up.

@josephine3

@Laurabub84
Glad af is out the door. I always find when that’s done with that’s the real start. You can start opks etc. really hope you get lucky this cycle.

@thencomesbebe
I’m so sorry lovely. Hope we both get our sticky BFPs when we test later in April, [-o<

afm
Don’t think I’m going to bother testing again because Even if I did see lines today like I did at 13dpo in feb, I know it won’t progress and I will lose, heart rate dropped yesterday and the on off sore boobs I was having has gone. Not sure if I will be trying next cycle. It all depends on the blood results.
Won’t be on here much. I do love seeing everyone get there BFPs but at the same time I just feel sad that it’s not me, I think deep deep down I just know in my heart it’s just not going to happen,
Will see what these bloods are like and if they are normal we will keep trying for a few more months. But at some point I will have to give up,
Read on google last night that from 43 fertility basically falls off a cliff. I don’t know how some older women manage it. They just must be extremely lucky. Hopefully I’ll be one of them and I will get my rainbow baby. But I just know it’s highly unlikely!

Hmm, the CB digis seem to work well for me most of the time. I seem to get my peak roughly 12 hours before I feel the ovulation pains. I'm a total overthinker, so I like the digis because otherwise I'd stress over if it's positive or not I'm sure haha.

I'm sorry you're feeling so down about it all. Keep your head up best you can, as long as you're trying, there's still a chance:hug:

@Pink.Rose

@josephine3

@Laurabub84

@thencomesbebe

afm
Oh @Suggerhoney I do hope you stay so we can go through the next cycle together. But of course, if you need time away, that is completely valid and we will all be wishing you well from here. The end of every cycle we don't conceive is such a low blow. Sending you a virtual hug, I could use one too right now. Xxxo

12dpiui and bfn. Nothing else really to report. I'm on progesterone which I guess is supposed to delay af but I still feel her coming. My sore boobs are also gone and I have no other symptoms except the typical cramping I get before af...I'm so glad I have you ladies to lean on. I need some extra bravery behind me for our 2nd IUI.

Sending hugs @Suggerhoney :hugs: long term TTC is harddd. Those last few days waiting for AF are the worst and I hope you are feeling better when it comes back around to the ovulation phase. I am struggling with emotions a bit lately as well cause we are now looking at schools for my first kid for next year and it's hit me what a huge age gap it's gonna be that he won't even be home much to play with a future sibling if we are ever blessed enough to have a 2nd. coming up to 4yrs TTC in July and it is heartbreaking! I am now on DHEA, Progesterone, vit D, Metformin, CoQ10, PreNatals, Iron, tranexamic acid (during AF), and Low dose naltrexone (dr thinks I have endo and that last one is meant to help lower inflammation) I feel like a walking pharmacy and despite being on all of those for at least the last 6 months (except the DHEA started in Feb) we have had no success whatsoever. :sad1:

I failed a HSG test and SHG test due to cervix was too dilated to seal to check my tubes so I have just been booked in for the waiting list for a laparoscopy so they can check my tubes are clear and if they find endo growths they will excise it at the same time. Hoping the wait won't be too long and that it gives some answers.

Hi lovely
Gosh that really is a lot,
When we first stated trying I was only taking folic acid and vitamin D.
Then when I had the chemical in April last year I changed the folic acid to methyl folate.
Then I had the miscarriage in June and from about August/September I started taking iron and Galatanised maca root, I was taking 500mg.
I also started taking ubiniquol coq10, that was 1 pill a day 600mg.
Then I had the chemical in feb so I introduced some other stuff. which I’ve been taking along with the other stuff I’ve been taking already and I bumped up the maca,

so I’m now taking
Vitamin D
Methyl folate
Ubiniquol Coq10 (high absorption) 400mg
Organic Galatanised Maca root (2000mg)
B vitamins complex with zinc
Baby aspirin 75mg.

I’ve noticed these last 2 cycles I have ovulated on cd12.
Where as b4 I was ovulating as early as cd11 and as late as cd20.
back in 2020 when we was trying I was always ovulating around cd13.
So now I’m back to ovulating on cd12 again I’m thinking it must be the maca. I had a couple of wonky cycles in September, October and November. But now it’s very regular again.
oh lovely it’s horrible you have been trying for so so long,
I just feel i don’t have any time left anymore. I know it’s now or never.
I pray you fall pregnant again soon love, and it will be your take home rainbow.
I hope and pray all is long term ttc ladies will get our happy ever afters.
Would love to be in the same due date group as you all.
❤️

Hmm, the CB digis seem to work well for me most of the time. I seem to get my peak roughly 12 hours before I feel the ovulation pains. I'm a total overthinker, so I like the digis because otherwise I'd stress over if it's positive or not I'm sure haha.

I'm sorry you're feeling so down about it all. Keep your head up best you can, as long as you're trying, there's still a chance:hug:

I do love the digitals.
I normally do get my peak smiley and then a few hours later my strip test is peak too.
But this cycle I had my peak at around half midnight. Then I got peak on my Femometer at 6pm. So took a bit longer. I genuinely always ovulate a few hours after my peak on the strip test. I got pregnant twice last year just using the strip tests. I’ve been using the digital opk since December and have fallen once using that.
I did read the digitals can be a bit unreliable. So I always use a different brand opk with it.
I’m not going to bother with the digital from now on I don’t think.
There so so expensive.
Will stick with the strips. I find the strip test work really really well for me. And when I get my peak on those. The test line is darker than the control line so very easy to read the results. Just depends on what brand you buy. Because some are not very good and I find them very very hard to read, but the best ones are.
Femometer
Wondfo
Easy@home
And Mommed.
Those are my favourite opks.
I want to try the Baby Mad ones as heard there good too.
Thinking of buying them next week providing my blood test results come back normal. If my blood results do come back normal then we will continue trying to conceive. And just pray that there are still some good eggs in there and it’s just waiting for the right one to be released and that will be my take-home baby[-o<. I pray pray pray so very much that we both have blazing sticky BFPs very very very soon. :dust:

Oh @Suggerhoney I do hope you stay so we can go through the next cycle together. But of course, if you need time away, that is completely valid and we will all be wishing you well from here. The end of every cycle we don't conceive is such a low blow. Sending you a virtual hug, I could use one too right now. Xxxo

Oh lovely im so so sorry it was BFN for you too. I did test again today and was another BFN.
13dpo and the witch is due at 17dpo. I absolutely hate this part of the cycle so much.
Hopefully my results come back all good, and then I can keep trying.
Praying with everything that April brings us our sticky BFPs.
:dust:[-o<[-o<[-o<[-o<

Hi lovely
Gosh that really is a lot,
When we first stated trying I was only taking folic acid and vitamin D.
Then when I had the chemical in April last year I changed the folic acid to methyl folate.
Then I had the miscarriage in June and from about August/September I started taking iron and Galatanised maca root, I was taking 500mg.
I also started taking ubiniquol coq10, that was 1 pill a day 600mg.
Then I had the chemical in feb so I introduced some other stuff. which I’ve been taking along with the other stuff I’ve been taking already and I bumped up the maca,

so I’m now taking
Vitamin D
Methyl folate
Ubiniquol Coq10 (high absorption) 400mg
Organic Galatanised Maca root (2000mg)
B vitamins complex with zinc
Baby aspirin 75mg.

I’ve noticed these last 2 cycles I have ovulated on cd12.
Where as b4 I was ovulating as early as cd11 and as late as cd20.
back in 2020 when we was trying I was always ovulating around cd13.
So now I’m back to ovulating on cd12 again I’m thinking it must be the maca. I had a couple of wonky cycles in September, October and November. But now it’s very regular again.
oh lovely it’s horrible you have been trying for so so long,
I just feel i don’t have any time left anymore. I know it’s now or never.
I pray you fall pregnant again soon love, and it will be your take home rainbow.
I hope and pray all is long term ttc ladies will get our happy ever afters.
Would love to be in the same due date group as you all.
❤️

I do love the digitals.
I normally do get my peak smiley and then a few hours later my strip test is peak too.
But this cycle I had my peak at around half midnight. Then I got peak on my Femometer at 6pm. So took a bit longer. I genuinely always ovulate a few hours after my peak on the strip test. I got pregnant twice last year just using the strip tests. I’ve been using the digital opk since December and have fallen once using that.
I did read the digitals can be a bit unreliable. So I always use a different brand opk with it.
I’m not going to bother with the digital from now on I don’t think.
There so so expensive.
Will stick with the strips. I find the strip test work really really well for me. And when I get my peak on those. The test line is darker than the control line so very easy to read the results. Just depends on what brand you buy. Because some are not very good and I find them very very hard to read, but the best ones are.
Femometer
Wondfo
Easy@home
And Mommed.
Those are my favourite opks.
I want to try the Baby Mad ones as heard there good too.
Thinking of buying them next week providing my blood test results come back normal. If my blood results do come back normal then we will continue trying to conceive. And just pray that there are still some good eggs in there and it’s just waiting for the right one to be released and that will be my take-home baby[-o<. I pray pray pray so very much that we both have blazing sticky BFPs very very very soon. :dust:

Oh lovely im so so sorry it was BFN for you too. I did test again today and was another BFN.
13dpo and the witch is due at 17dpo. I absolutely hate this part of the cycle so much.
Hopefully my results come back all good, and then I can keep trying.
Praying with everything that April brings us our sticky BFPs.
:dust:[-o<[-o<[-o<[-o<

@thencomesbebe
PS
Sending you a huge virtual hug :hugs:

I’m getting my normal pre AF cramping and lower backache that i always get at this stage.
So won’t be testing anymore now. Know she will be here in the next few days ](*,)

Hi Ladies.
Sorry for everyone with BFN at the moment. Hopeful for those who are still to test.
I am officially over this, OPK are still so faint not even close to positive, even after taking my letrozole which usually makes me ovulate by now.
Thinking I could be up for a anovulatory cycle.
It just seems so unfair after our loss and I am starting to think maybe it just isn't meant to be right now.

@Suggerhoney ugh so sorry I can tell how deflated you feel, really sorry it's not this month. So depressing, the waiting after knowing it's not happening that month but still the rest of the cycle to get through... And we don't even have any lovely spring weather to raise the spirits do we (it's really shit in the UK right now, for those who are elsewhere - I know that sugger and I are definitely UK ladies - I can't remember where everybody else is!) - really grim and grey. :-(
@NightFlower haha yes we really did cover those bases this month- DTD this morning as well good luck to you- you're 4dpo I think you just said...not too many days until testing

@Suggerhoney ugh so sorry I can tell how deflated you feel, really sorry it's not this month. So depressing, the waiting after knowing it's not happening that month but still the rest of the cycle to get through... And we don't even have any lovely spring weather to raise the spirits do we (it's really shit in the UK right now, for those who are elsewhere - I know that sugger and I are definitely UK ladies - I can't remember where everybody else is!) - really grim and grey. :-(
@NightFlower haha yes we really did cover those bases this month- DTD this morning as well good luck to you- you're 4dpo I think you just said...not too many days until testing
Thanks ❤

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->