Welcome to Trying To Conceive #1

Wobbles

BnB Co-Founder ~ Retired
Reaction score
Welcome to Trying To Conceive #1

We've opened this forum in an effort to help those trying to conceive their first feel a bit more at home, and gradually intergrate into the 'TTC Forums' without feeling thrown in at the deep end :)

The main forums can be a bit daunting, especially at busy times when we have a new post every second (and threads can end up at the bottom of the page within 15 minutes). This forum is an optional extra to anyone trying to conceive their first. The main TTC forum is open to everyone; where-as this forum is exclusively for first timers.

We hope you enjoy and find it of use :)

Regards,
The BnB Team

Thanks StirCrazy! I'm looking forward to using this section of the forum! Are signatures turned off purposely in this section?

Nope, just an over sight :) They are now switched on :)

Oh sure! 2 days after I get my first BFP you open this up! :laugh2:

I think it's a great idea though. Suggestion - throw up a sticky in here with the commonly used acronyms/phrases. I keep having to google them, and I still get confused sometimes!!

That's definitely a good idea for us first-timers - I don't have a clue with most of the acronyms!

Thanks so much for this section (I've thought there should be one for a while!) :)

I just saw that stir crazy has a good list linked in her signature. Anyone else think the F in BFN/BFP stood for something other than fat? I thought it stood for a word my iPhone corrects to ducking.

Hey Ladies

I'm trying for my first but been in the TTC forums since Nov (started TTC Sept, was a bit slow finding this site!)

Anyhow, you'll be surprised how quickly you'll figure out the acronyms, a lot of my guesses were right.

The ones I found the hardest are as follows

BD = Baby dancing (I though it was bedding, even though it doesn't really fit!)
DTD = Doing the deed (only figured that one out recently!)
EWCM = Egg white cervicle mucus
FRER = First response early result (figured the first response bit out but the early result bit threw me!)
FMU = First morning urine (obvious when you know but I thought it was a brand of pregnancy test!)
IC = Internet cheapy pregnancy tests.

Hope the above helps. Sending lots of :babydust:

I've been keeping my eye open for this forum to open. I too am ttc'ing my first and thought the idea to have this for first timers was a great idea! I'm excited!

Great idea! Can't wait till I graduate from WTT.

Here's the link to the abbr. thread:

https://www.babyandbump.com/forum-help-testing-area/730-babyandbump-lingo-abbreviations.html

TTC #1 Currently 8 dpo CD 21 I can test on April 1st and hoping for a :bfp:
I am tempted to test early but know I shouldn't. I just want my bby so bad. :baby:

Thanks for this! I don't have a clue what the acronyms mean... little help? :L

Fantastic! Thanks for setting this up - I'm quite new to TTC and it does all seem a bit daunting! Forums like this make it much easier, though :)

ah brilliant

Been TTC for 5 months after getting off the pill...am now 6 days late...but no BFP yet...got doc appointment tomorrow..lets hope the blood works brings up a BFP!!

Sooooo pleased this new board has opened. :thumbup: There are so many different concerns and thoughts with regards to TTC #1 as opposed to trying for a second, third, fourth etc.

I'm so pleased and I'm sure this board will be so helpful to those of us trying for our first.

Thank you!

DB and I have been ttc #1 for 4 months. This is my first post!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->