TTC #1- Looking for buddies!

So I wanted to surprise my husband and figured out a sneaky way to do so. Our little one was at school today and I printed out a coloring template of a pregnant mommy, with a little one touching her belly. I put that in her backpack pretending she made it at school. And since this was her first "artwork" that she brought home, I of course had to film everything ;)

So we were unpacking her bag and she showed the drawing to daddy. He didn't get the clue and just thought it was a nice drawing lol. Next up, the "I'm a big sister" book that I picked up at Target yesterday. I put that in the backpack too and said that they sometimes get books from school to read at home. So she handed him the book and he said; hah big sister... ahhh not really lol!

And then for the grand finale, I wrapped this beautiful-looking FRER in aluminum foil pretending it was some sort of clay piece she made at school. When she handed him that and he unwrapped it he finally put all the clues together and was so happy and excited.

So yeah, well worth the 2 days I had to keep it to myself :mrgreen:

Really hoping this is it!!!

2021-03-16 (3).jpg 2021-03-16 (1).jpg 2021-03-16 (2).jpg

Oh Sunny I love it!!! How fun!! Was he just overjoyed?!

side note.. we love the Caroline Jayne Church books! I’m going to have to get that one!

Sunny - I'm smiling so hard before even reading your post! I love this sooo much. That FRER is sooooooooooo sexy!

Thank you girls!!! I'm so excited (and nervous). Estimated due date is on Thanksgiving :D

My first ultrasound is scheduled at exactly 10 weeks: April 29th. Longggg wait!!

Don’t say that’s a long wait! Lol i feel like I’m on the downhill slide now even though I am kind of not hahah but that’s still 4 weeks before my due date! :haha: but I totally get the wait for the first ultrasound! Have you stopped testing? I’m so freaking happy for you!!!!

Sunny!!!!! So very happy for you! What a sweet way to tell your hubby. You're first ultrasound just so happens to be the same day as my birthday lol.

Steph- hope all goes well with the tests at your appt.

Tb- 4 weeks!? How are you feeling?? I remember not feeling ready to have a 2nd baby yet, but also worried because I went 4 days overdue!

Dream- so excited for you to start TTC!

How funny you mentioned the peanut app as I just downloaded it the other day thinking I would love to meet a new friend with kiddos at similar ages. I hear you on only having the energy for 1 friend. I'm definitely an introvert!!

Oh Amber I just mean I’ll have 4 weeks once Sunny has her scan haha I have more like 8-10 currently! I know it’s not 100% fact but they say your second can come earlier and Kaydence came at 38 +4 so I need to be ready early lol
I’m definitely not ready for the transition to 2 but I’m ready for the challenge! Ha. Still trying to not think about Kaydence not being my one and only for just a short period of time more. I don’t want to get too sad about it!

Ahhh thanks ladies!! It's just a longggg wait for the first scan lol. But I know, looking back, that will pass by quickly as well.

Tb and Amber; I'm sort of hoping I follow your path of getting another one of the same sex as the first :mrgreen: I mean, we have soooo much girl stuff already, I'd pretty much be done buying things lol.

Tb- Oh my gosh what was I thinking haha yes that makes sense! It is sad to think about your first born not being the only little one anymore but it's so fun to watch them grow together!

Sunny- it sure was convenient to have another boy as we had all the clothes and everything already, although I'm a little sad I won't have a daughter. I thought I'd be 100% ok with having boys because that's what I'd always envisioned, but I am still a little sad.

Ahh yeah that's definitely a little sad too. So you're sticking with two Amber? I can't imagine having more than 2 so if all goes well, this will be my last pregnancy.

I'm hoping for another boy when we get pregnant. We always wanted all boys. Although there's something to be said for the nice balance with one of each gender. We're def only going to be having 2 as well.

I'm going to start OPKs next week even though we're not officially TTC this cycle, I want to see around when I'm ovulating.

Oh I love that I’m having girls!! From
The 4th grade teaching perspective I’m soo good with girls lol but I would not have been upset to have a boy!!! But as far as having everything already I’d also a great benefit! It’s funny that I’m already more lax with this one.. the baby’s room is empty and I’m in zero rush to do anything about it lol

we only plan on 2 also but we were both one of 3 so I don’t want to close the door on it.. but likely won’t ever be active in TTC. I’m
Not sure what to do with all those frozen embabies in Prague!

Ahh Dream I hope that means that even though you're still not officially "trying", it could still happen ;)

Tb, yes! My four embabies in Prague are on my mind too. I think we'll pay the storage fee (pretty minimal anyway) for a few more years because I just feel weird deciding what to do with 'em!

Have you noticed any changes between this pregnancy and the first? Did you start showing sooner and felt movements sooner like many do?

AFM, I probably should stop testing (17 DPO). I must have taken close to 30 tests already and I know cheapies can't really get much darker than this (test line a tad bit darker than the control line), so why stress myself out every day!

We will pay for them for a while too. I feel the same way! I feel very weird about it!

lol well this pregnancy has been different in some ways.. at around 25ish weeks I started with some pretty awful pelvic pain.. that I’m going to have to deal with for the rest of the time. I do see a chiropractor which helps tons and I use an SI belt but my body just decided to release way more relaxin than what’s needed at this point. so I unfortunately am in more pain this go around. I thought I was showing faster this time but then I compared to my pics the first time and realized that was in my head lol I’m actually measuring and weighing exactly the same at this point that I was with the first. I also felt baby at 18 weeks both times. I think it’s kind of early anyway. This time I actually felt her less for a few weeks though.. I found out that was because of the anterior placenta. But she loves PLENTY now lol. Baby is currently sunny Side up so I’m trying to get her to move.. hopefully she does that soon!

I can’t believe you haven’t been sharing your pretty tests lol

Ahh sorry about the pain Tb, that sounds rough! It must be nice to feel those movements though :) Does Kaydence love touching your belly?

Well I spoke too soon (in a good way!) ive been working on flipping baby out of sunny side up position and she finally has! And now most of the pain is gone! Her poor positioning must have been the culprit?? I still have occasional coccyx pain but.. I’m sure that’s pretty normal. I’m so relieved on both not having pain and her being in good position now.

Sunny how’s it going??

dream-have you hit O day yet?

@tbfromlv That's great news, happy to hear it.

Today is CD17. I had really dark OPKs CD 15 & 16 (basically the same darkness as the test line). I'm calling those positive however I'm used to dye stealers where the test line goes darker than the control. I'm using a brand of cheapie that I never used in the past so maybe that's just how these ones roll. I dunno. I won't test today until later this afternoon when I get home from work. (I go into the office 1 day a week, which is actually quite nice to get out of the house) All in all I think it's probably safe to say O was maybe yesterday at CD16. They plan was NOT to get pregnant this cycle. So DH was supposed to be pulling out. However we did BD CD 14 and he "forgot". LOL I know in the past it wouldn't be close enough to O for us to be successful but who knows. I suppose it's 1DPO for me today. I don't thiiiiiiink I'll be testing but hey, I know you guys wouldn't judge me if I did.

Yayy so happy she flipped Tb! Hopefully that'll make those last few weeks of your pregnancy more bearable :)

Dream, so I guess this is not trying not preventing, right :D Definitely won't judge if you decide to test lol.

I'm 6 weeks today, yay. No symptoms at all (didn't have that with #1 either), except my girl came home with some kind of virus last week. And now I have it too ugh :( Got the results back today that it's not COVID, but whatever it is... it's caused a fever. Something you definitely want to avoid during those early weeks of pregnancy. Really hope everything is fine and this little one decides to hang on. Four more weeks until my ultrasound.

Urgh - I hope that cold clears up soon for you Sunny. Is it safe to take fever medication while pregnant? I don't remember all the do's and don'ts. Luke comes home with some type of cold once every six weeks or so, part of daycare life I suppose.

3DPO and I'm starting to crave POAS. I guess some things never change.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->