Too late for plan b?

erher

Reaction score
Hello all,

if inappropriate to post here, lmk!

I had unprotected sex yesterday. I took a Clearblue opk and it read peak. Is it too late to take plan b? Opk still reading high.

You might be too late but it’s best to take if. Was the reading high or peak? When would you expect to ovulate?

I have gotten pregnant with plan b. Memory is fuzzy on the details. But I had sex just past midnight and the condom broke. I was driving to LA 5 hours later, and the CVS I went to wasn’t 24h. So I gave up, went home. I had to planned to just grab one on my way to LA but my brother decided he wanted to get in my car. So I didn’t end up being alone to go but it until the next day. This may not have been an issue, but I get pretty obvious O pain. I distinctly remember getting it on during the drive. Lo and behold, I ended up pregnant. My gyn said that it’s supposed to block O but I had already conceived by the time I took the pill. It should block implant but obviously it failed.

Flip side, there was a time I had unprotected sex and couldn’t take the pill for 1-2 days. Another traveling with my family/access issue. I did not end up pregnant. To be fair, the sex I had before plan b was CD 9 and 10, and (though I have pcos) at the time I usually Oed at CD 15-17 so I wasn’t really in my fertile zone to begin with.

long story short definitely better to take it than not and yes tech you have up to 72h.

Just to update with my notes from FF.
The condom broke CD 15, I logged it as CD because we finished around midnight.
I felt O pain CD 16 in the morning.
Plan B was CD 17.
Neg pregnancy test CD 19 and 21, so naive lol. I knew nothing back then.
Got my usual early pregnancy cramps CD 22.
Positive test CD 24.

Timing is accurate because I log things in FF but the story is wrong

You might be too late but it’s best to take if. Was the reading high or peak? When would you expect to ovulate?

I have gotten pregnant with plan b. Memory is fuzzy on the details. But I had sex just past midnight and the condom broke. I was driving to LA 5 hours later, and the CVS I went to wasn’t 24h. So I gave up, went home. I had to planned to just grab one on my way to LA but my brother decided he wanted to get in my car. So I didn’t end up being alone to go but it until the next day. This may not have been an issue, but I get pretty obvious O pain. I distinctly remember getting it on during the drive. Lo and behold, I ended up pregnant. My gyn said that it’s supposed to block O but I had already conceived by the time I took the pill. It should block implant but obviously it failed.

Flip side, there was a time I had unprotected sex and couldn’t take the pill for 1-2 days. Another traveling with my family/access issue. I did not end up pregnant. To be fair, the sex I had before plan b was CD 9 and 10, and (though I have pcos) at the time I usually Oed at CD 15-17 so I wasn’t really in my fertile zone to begin with.

long story short definitely better to take it than not and yes tech you have up to 72h.
The reading was peak. I think I’m screwed. Had negative opk today. I ordered plan b through my provider and it will arrive today, 48hr past unprotected sex.

I had bad cramping last night also. I thought maybe my period was starting. Weird because I’ve never had ovulation symptoms/cramping before.

You’re not necessarily screwed because it is supposed to prevent implantation but yeah my experience is it’s not as effective when you combine taking it on the tail end after ovulation. FXed

I will take it when it arrives, and test next week. I’m worried lol

These side effects are no joke! :wacko:
Yeah, I have only taken it twice in my life, the first time I barely remember what happened, but the 2nd time was recently this past cycle, and omg, it gave me a 2nd period and everything. It was crazy. Then my fiance read that you are only supposed to take it a total of 3 times in your life because of how strong the hormone dose is.

Well…. I’ve definitely done plan b more than 3x so oops.

I assume it’s a lot. One time I went to PP for plan b, but they were out. So instead they had me take 7 bcp pills in my day. Said it was essentially the same thing. =\. It’s a lot of hormones all at once. I didn’t want to jinx your experience by saying it’s a rough ride. Hope things subside soon! Bright side, at least you know your body absorbed it?

I had a lot of GI issues. I’m starting to feel a bit better now. Waiting for the period part, which seems to cause the most grief. I was curious when I could breast feed again. I read 24 hours but I haven’t resumed yet.

I took a test today and it looks faintly positive.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->