October/November Conkers 2021***

@Catmumof4 oh lovely how scary for you both! We are here ready when your up for sharing so don’t worry. She’s an absolute beauty. Sorry about your spd . Big hugs to you both x

Last edited:
So ladies.

I have been to hosp with reduced movements, once last week then again yesterday. Yesterday I ended up being there ages and having a couple of ctgs as baby heart rate was too high. My daughter was brought by emergency csectiom at 38 weeks for that exact reason and so it plays on my mind so much. Baby’s heart rate may of settled down eventually yesterday but what if it went back up again? What if it’s high now and I don’t know. Keep thinking his movements are still slow but can’t keep going everyday but something if playing on my mind and it’s all I can think about.

I thought maybe I will get a Doppler then if his heart rate ever shows high on that I can go be checked? But then read online how they suggest u don’t use them and I could pick up the placenta or my heartbeat without knowing. What are your thoughts? A good solution or not worth it? X

So ladies.

I have been to hosp with reduced movements, once last week then again yesterday. Yesterday I ended up being there ages and having a couple of ctgs as baby heart rate was too high. My daughter was brought by emergency csectiom at 38 weeks for that exact reason and so it plays on my mind so much. Baby’s heart rate may of settled down eventually yesterday but what if it went back up again? What if it’s high now and I don’t know. Keep thinking his movements are still slow but can’t keep going everyday but something if playing on my mind and it’s all I can think about.

I thought maybe I will get a Doppler then if his heart rate ever shows high on that I can go be checked? But then read online how they suggest u don’t use them and I could pick up the placenta or my heartbeat without knowing. What are your thoughts? A good solution or not worth it? X

I have a doppler and recently been using it to work out what position he is in.

I think as long as you know what you are listening for you can work out if it's you, placenta or baby. they are very distinct.

I think as long as you are not relying on that and still getting checked its OK. In your case you are actually wanting to use it to back up your concerns.

I think the issue is when women get reduced movements listen in find a hb and presume all is OK.

Are they planning on doing follow up checks on baby.

Home this morning safe and sound. They think the pains and tightenings were brought on by sex. Glad to be home now.

@Catmumof4 Such a beautiful baby girl. Hope she is ok

@soloso I’m not using a Doppler but I agree with what @topazicatzbet has said.

what do the drs say? Did you say they were planning on bringing baby early?

@sadeyedlady good to hear your home. I’ve heard sex can be a culprit of contractions!

@Catmumof4
She is absolutely gorgeous hon.
I'm so sorry it was so traumatic. Hope she is OK now.
Sorry about the SPD. Mine is still playing up as well.
Not as bad but still there a bit. Hope it settles for both of us.
Hope there looking after you in that hospital.
I felt so lonely when I was in there but I was aloud home when Harley was 5 days old.
We're still under the care of the midwifes because of his weight loss but hopefully being discharged on Tuesday if he is back to his birth weight.
Pain in the arse having to keep going to the medical center to get him weighed.
They used to come to ure house and do it but because of Covid there not doing that now and I have to go to them instead. I keep getting appointments thrown my way and I just want to be left alone to enjoy my baby.
It feels like they don't give u any breathing space.
Didn't mind going to appointments when I was pregnant but now I just can't be arsed.

Hope ure managing to get some sleep when baby sleeps.
Don't feel under pressure to share ure story hon just do it when u feel ready.
I was absolutely shattered the first few days after giving birth.
So take ure time hon.

@sadeyedlady and @daniyaaq
Sounds like pre Dominal labour.
I had it with Tommy from 29 weeks.
The contractions wud get about 2 mins apart and we're so strong and painful but after 8 ish hours they wud fizzle out.
Still made it to my induction day and still needed the pessery becuase my cervix was still long and only 1cm dilated.

Not sure why pre Dominal labour happens but it sucks.

@Mummy2Corban

I have a feeling ure gonna go next. Not sure why just a gut feeling.

I wud of been 39 weeks today if I was still pregnant.
And definitely wud still be pregnant if they hadn't induced me.

@Suggerhoney i was thinking that you would have been 39 weeks! I’m hoping this baby stays put!!!! DH has a few jobs that need to be finished in the next few weeks so he can really and truly not have to think about work when baby arrives so these legs are well and truly crossed! Haha! I really think I’ll make October!

hows you and Harley?

@Suggerhoney i was thinking that you would have been 39 weeks! I’m hoping this baby stays put!!!! DH has a few jobs that need to be finished in the next few weeks so he can really and truly not have to think about work when baby arrives so these legs are well and truly crossed! Haha! I really think I’ll make October!

hows you and Harley?
What’s your ideal birthday @Mummy2Corban? I was hoping for October 18 but just talked to my L&D nurse friend and she’s working nights on the 19th so that’d be nice to have her as my labour support!

@Reiko_ctu i don’t really know! But if I go to my due date then DH still has 2 weekends to catch up on work so going to that Monday at least would be great! His been a bit stressed with work lately that I would just love that he had done what he needs to do so on paternity he can actually just enjoy it rather than worry about what he hasn’t done ( he can be a bit of a worrier)

would be great if you could go to the 19th if your friend is working. When is your sweep booked?

Is it possible for time to go slow and fast at same time. Like I’m 33 already and at same time only 33? Bub things slowly accumulating bought car seat and beddings. Should be getting clothes this week.

@daniyaaq totally! I feel the same I’m 38 weeks tomorrow which seems as though it’s got here in a flash but then on the other hand it feels like it’s taken ages! Ha! Exciting that your getting bits done! I’ve nearly packed my bag for hospital!

Last edited:
@Mummy2Corban wow 38 already I’m envious. I probably should get hospital bag ready just worked out it could be as soon as 27 days . Have scan tomorrow don’t know what to expect given how terribly hard it’s been for me to eat I do hope Bub is growing.

36 weeks today! It's starting to get really real now! X

Not long to go for you now, don't you have a date soon.

29-33 days left for me. Wish my date would hurry up and come so I can start planning. At least i have the midwife on Friday so hoping she can chase it up if it hasn't arrived by then. This will be the first time I will meet my assigned midwife and I will only have one more appointment with her before the section.

Thanks for the replies regarding the Doppler. I think I just wanted it because of the paranoia about baby heart rate, but I will continue trusting my instincts based on his movements and I will just keep going back if things aren’t right. Luckily he’s very wiggly today so I feel a bit better.

I had a scan after the first reduced movements and that showed all was well, I’m not sure if I am having another. I saw two different midwifes when I went the other day and I’m sure the second one said the first one had arranged a scan, but I haven’t heard anything so will wait and see.

32 weeks tomorrow, jealous of all you ladies with just a few weeks to go though! I feel the same like how am I only 32 weeks but also wow I’m already 32 weeks haha

x

@soloso Sorry to hear about the reduce movements, I would agree with you and go with your gut instincts.. it doesn’t matter how many times you go in longs your and baby are ok :)

@daniyaaq Tell me about it, I’m 30 weeks today and I’m like why is it so slow I’m only 30 weeks but then I’m like wow I’m 30 weeks how crazy lol

AFM As said I’m above I’m finally 30 weeks yay, baby boy is currently in my ribs now but now and again drops on my bladder so I have to go for a wee within like 5 minutes otherwise he starts rolling on it making me desperate lol Going to go baby clothes shopping this week at some point.. hopefully can build the courage to buy stuff as really need to start getting some bits, at the moment we have 4 outfits, bottle steriliser and prep machine..nothing else but as everyone keeps saying I got ages yet so shouldn’t worry

Pains and tightenings are back, they actually feel worse than they did on Friday. Had sex again today and wondering if thats set me off. Feel stupid calling the hospital again over the same thing

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->