New Forum: Pregnancy After A Loss

Hi ladies, :hi:
I know this is crazy. Even my fs is really amused by our situation but after 2 negative hpts and a negative beta on Tuesday (.5) I tested this morning with an ept and a clear blue digi and :bfp: so I went in and I had another beta drawn and :happydance: my beta is 35.0. We are expecting! Estimated due date Feb. 9th 2013!
I am on :cloud9: but I am petrified at the same time due to suffering a loss in October at around 10 weeks.

I just saw this post, sorry you never got a response :hugs: I hope you're ok. I just wanted to reassure you that I know of lots and lots of ladies who have success after an ectopic pregnancy, it's just extremely bad luck. You're still young and fertile and you will get your forever baby I promise you. In the meantime look after yourself you've had a massive disappointment and an even bigger shock to boot. Massive hugs xxx

I have had a devastating week. Me and my boyfriend had found out we were pregnant last week. We were so excited. I have had a couple surgeries to help with my endometriosis, and was told that I wasn't dropping eggs on a normal basis so I was so surprised and excited. A few days later I started to feel this horrible pain in my groin and pelvis on the left side that shot down my leg. I went to a local hospital, not the one I normally go to though, and they said that my levels were at 2000 but they couldn't see anything in the ultrasound in my uterus or tubes. They said to get checked in a couple days. But they treated me so horribly. It took forever to get into the room and see the doctor, the nurse had no idea what she was doing when it came to the catheter and put it in and took it out 4 times, mind you they had given me very little pain medication. The ultrasound tech was extremely insensitive and rude to me as well. The ob came down and tried to say I would only be about 4 weeks, but my last period was on March 29, so I knew i would have been over 5. I went home with some hope thinking it was just extreme growing pains because that is what the ob insisted. The next day I went to school to take my finals and this intense pain came soaring through my body all over again. All on the left side, in my pelvis and down my leg. I started to feel likeI was going to pass out. I called my boyfriend and told him I was going to the hospital (the one I normally go to). They didn't even blink an eye andI was in a room and the nurse and doctor were in there in no time. Gave me an Iv and pain meds, and got me ready for another ultra sound. They tried getting the results from the other hospital and they said they didn't have my file!!! I knew something went wrong when that was stated. The ultra sound tech at this hospital was very sweet and sensitive. She told me my beta went down to 683 and I already knew what was happening. I hadn't bled at all, but I knew. She almost instantly found the sac in the left tube. The surgeons came in, and of course I was crying my eyes out. I had to get emergency surgery, and they had to remove the tube because it was so scarred and the sac had swollen to the size of a golf ball. I wasn't bleeding because the bleeding was occurring inside. My boyfriend and I are devastated. I am trying to cope as best I can. I found out at that hospital that I was almost 6 weeks. I know it was early but I bonded and already had names planned out. Me and my boyfriend of course want to try again once I heal and am back on a normal ovulation schedule. I was hoping to get some reassurance from anyone this kind of thing has happened to. I know there are way to detect ectopic pregnancy early.. I am just scarred it will happen in the right tube and I will loose that one too, or I just won't be able to get pregnant. Am I overreacting? I am just having a hard time. Sorry I went on such a long rant. Advice?

Blue eyes congratulations! We have similar due dates!

congrats to both and filipenko-- yeah!

crossing fingers for both!

best wishes

Our site offer different way, you'll add taste without the extra calories. Make sure you have your health care provider's very well, and then start out slowly. Please bookmark our site to check back weekly, but get started now!
regards :momsupplements

Me to.
Had a MC at the beginning of this year, and now we are pregnant again, 10 weeks. Feeling cautiously excited. I wasn't sick last time, and boy i have been this time.
Quietly keeping my fingers crossed for everyone in the same position, as it can be hard not to keep thinking the worst.
Much love to you all ladies! Stay strong xx

Hi Italiana,

I hear you honey!
I had a MC beginning of this year, my first pregnancy. It happened at 7 1/2 weeks. I am now 10 weeks and 3 days...AND COUNTING!
I wasn't feeling sick at all with my first pregnancy, but have been with this one...apart from today, i'm feeling ok. So of course i'm freaking out.
Every pregnancy will be different, every day will be different, but its just this waiting game that is the killer!
I totally understand where your coming from. I feel like if i loose this one ..well i will cope as what other choice is there, but bloody hell i want it!!
Stay strong and try not to focus on it, ha she says doing the opposite. I guess we have to do our best. I will be thinking of you and sending you good vibes from Australia. Let me know how you go.

x

I lost my baby girl at 26w4d. Having to go through labor knowing that what's on the other side is not a living child is the hardest thing I've ever gone through in my life and I've been through a lot. She was already gone for 4-7 days before I realized there was a problem. It was Sunday, July 3rd and the on call obgyn said we'd better come for an ultrasound just to be safe. We got there and they came to hook up the fetal monitor and the nurse couldn't find the heart beat. My heart dropped and I knew. I started crying and my boyfriend said don't cry be positive wait for the ultrasound. I couldn't watch the ultrasound so I watched his face. When it came up and he couldn't see her heartbeat his eyes filled with tears and I lost it.
I was high risk from the start because I have hypothyroidism. It's autoimmune hypothyroidism and I have huge issues with my antibodies. The perinatologist told my obgyn that i was to have monthly ultrasounds to verify that there was no IUGR. It was never done. I had 2 ultrasounds my entire pregnancy. He even ignored my high blood pressure and lack of weight gain. I was actually loosing weight when I hadn't even had vomitting or anything to cause it. I also developed ITP. I saw my hematologist who was ready and willing to do an emergency IVIG treatment since he had it in stock because I took it before my pregnancy for my autoimmune condition. He called the obgyn who told him no don't do the treatment but rather to wait. WTF!!! He reluctantly said alright but wasn't much he could do since she wasn't his resposibility. He also repeatedly called the obgyn to report my high blood pressure and again was of no concern.
Luckily, I had to be taken to a hospital with a perinatologist to deliver because our small community medical center wasn't set up for someone who potentially could code due to some issues with my heart caused by my autoimmune condition. My parents were there with us as well as his mother and two sisters. His father wasn't able to make it as he is ill himself.
We got to hold her and take pictures and we have her feet prints. It's almost 2 months now. I want to try again, but he doesn't know if he ever wants to. Neither of us have living kids, she was our first. Our miracle baby really because I wasn't sure I'd be able to ever have children. I was on the progesterone only birth control plus I was on steroids as part of my IVIG regiment and the combo is how I actually became pregnant. It was not planned or expected, but we couldn't have been happier...until that fateful moment when we heard Intra Uterine Fetal Demise. I hope we will try again.

Good luck to everyone :hugs:

Kinza Opal Lee~July 4th, 2011

Oh i'm so sorry to hear about your experience. I also have a thyroid disorder hashimoto disease.
Please take care.
I wish you all the happiness in the world. xxxxxxxxx

We had a MC in March after TTC for 6 months and now we are pregnant again :) I am totally terrified to make love though since my MC symptoms started the day after we DTD. I know this is probably a coincidence but as a precaution I am abstaining from all sex and my DH is super bummed out. Have ya'll been DTD? Or are you choosing to wait until after the first Tri?

Hello ladies. Having a roller coaster of a pregnancy, again unfortunately. Stalking this thread. Xo

Welcome to the latest addition to BabyandBump.

Pregnancy After A Loss
This forum is a place for thoses who are pregnant again after suffering a loss. Talk to others who can support you through a time of emotional uncertainty and help you stay positive.

Regards,
The BnB Team

:)

I am Baby Chan. I had miscarriage about a year and half ago. Now, being pregnant again and has been for 7 weeks.

But I am so scare as I stopped to have breast swollen and pain since yesterday. Some forums say it is normal but I am still worry.

Hey everyone, I had my d&c about 4 weeks ago(March 11th) and now I'm testing positive? I'm still waiting for my period to come. I dont feel like im going to get my period any time soon. I took a Clear Blue weeks estimater test and its saying im 1-2 weeks. Ive taken four pregnancy tests all together... the first three were cheapies but the line seems to be getting darker? I dont want to get my hopes up because i know it could be left over debris from the d&c or just lingering hormones. I dont even want to call my doctor yet. I'm going to take another weeks estimater test in a couple of days to see if the 1-2 changes to a 2-3. If i am pregnant that means i concieved 5 days after my d&c. Is this even possible!? Has anyone had this experience or anything similar? I mean we were planning on seriously trying again after my first menstrual cycle but stuff happens and we havent exactly been careful. Please let me know your thoughts!

could be possible but wait it out for a week, retest and if its still positive then go get some bloodwork, that should tell you if you are expecting again. Ive read before that after an MC you are super fertile but I have no idea if that's just a myth.

i had an MC on january 16th, I got my period feb 27th and I found out I am pregnant again.. I was also pretty surprised because its been a rollercoaster, but everything is possible.

Goood luck!!!

So upset, first bfp since ectopic, lost tube, now first beta hcg is 13, second a 4. Is that what they call a chemical and when can we try again. Doc. Didn't say anything...please help

Hi everyone,

Im so glad I found this forum here is a little about me.

Im 37 years old and have a 10 year old daughter. My DH and I have been TTC for about 4 years now trying for #2. Last year I got pregnant and miscarried right before 7 weeks. Now here I am pregnant again right now I am 6 weeks. Im really nervous about this time at least until I get past 7 weeks because of last year.

I dont remember feeling much last year other then some breast tenderness. I didnt even have cramping when I miscarried. But this time I have bad breast tenderness, Im really tired all the time, and the past couple of days I have had some pretty bad gas. Im really hoping that these are all good signs for a healthy pregnancy.

Has anyone else been though this had finally gotten their rainbow baby?

Thank you all so much

Hello ladies, I am new to the forum and I was wondering do anyone have advice of how to heal after a miscarriage. I am a mother of a 10 year old and had a miscarriage with my second child this past sat 6-14-14 at 12 weeks and 6 days. How do I move past it, not wanting to forget but to heal myself for my daughter who by the was is an amazing help and my boyfriend who also is there for me. I want to be the person I was before. I haven't told them but this has really changed me inside, I can' t explain it but I feel the change. I want to try again but I am so scared. How long should I wait? Will this happen again? These are only some of the questions that baffle my brain... Thanks

Shysmommy-Welcome and I'm sorry for your loss and that you had to find this forum. None of us here wishes any of us had to come here because it means you've gone through a loss. As for positive stories, there are plenty about. I myself have a son and a daughter who were born after multiple miscarriages and my current pregnancy came after 2 back-to-back losses last year. (My miscarriages are mostly unexplained though we do know that progesterone supplements and baby aspirin apparently help me get thru my first trimester. All my tests thus far have come back normal though so the doctor can't 'officially' diagnose any reasons for my losses but he suspects my progesterone levels, which are already low, drop before the placenta is ready to take over causing bleeding and/or miscarriage. I may also have an issue with scar tissue or (as I suspect) egg quality as I've had 3 possibly 4 blighted ovums. Further testing for those had to be put off when my current pg was discovered.) I'm due in 3 weeks. So yes, there are positive stories and many of us in this forum have rainbow babies.

MsBaby-First off, I'm so sorry for your loss. Second, your feelings are totally normal. Miscarriage is a loss. I've had numerous losses and with each one, I've loved that baby from the moment I knew I was pg. The instant those two lines appeared, that baby was real to me. And to lose that child, even if it was only at 7 or 8 or 9 weeks gestation, was still a very real loss to me because it was my baby from the moment I knew of it's existence. It will take time for that grief to ease so don't try to rush things. The grieving process takes a different amount of time for each person. Some are able to move on sooner while others struggle longer. And fear of ttc again is normal too. Only you will know when the time is right for you or if that time ever comes. As for it happening again, unfortunately, yes there is always that chance that it could happen again. But for most women, it's a very small chance, especially if you've had a successful pregnancy before. Really, there is SO much that has to happen exactly right in order for a pregnancy to succeed (cell division, implantation, etc.) that my doctor has always said it's amazing as many babies are born as there are. I'm not trying to scare you here. I know in my own family and in my in-laws family, nearly all of the women have had at least one loss and gone on to have normal, successful pregnancies otherwise. I am not the norm with my multiple losses. I will also say this-most doctors caution you to wait until you are done bleeding before resuming sex and nearly all of them will tell you to wait at least 1 cycle before trying again. Their reasoning is so that your uterus has time to heal, your hormones can settle down, and practically speaking, it makes things a whole lot easier when it comes to dating your next pregnancy. I personally feel that it also helps your mental state too to wait. I got pg without a period after my last loss and it only added to my worries about this pregnancy. But not every woman feels that way. If you would like more info or would prefer to chat privately, PM me. Good luck.

My husband and I have been trying for babies for years. We got pregnant two years ago and had a missed miscarriage. I am now 8 weeks pregnant (took two years to get pregnant again!). I am so worried because all of my symptoms have disappeared as of a few days ago; breasts tenderness and swelling :GONE. Tiredness: GONE. Cramps: GONE. Even the veins in my breasts are diminishing. I heard the heart beat at 6 and a half weeks and was elated! I am now sick with worry. Has anyone else experienced this and gone on to have a healthy pregnancy?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->