losing 5 stone-70 pounds. looking for weightloss buddies,with,a good bit,to lose

Well done k :)
U hve done fab with ur weight loss xxx
I just throw in whatever I hve :)
Yest was raspberry , banana, oj and yog and milk.
I thought squish would hve some
So didn't put in blueberries and grapes
Cos they get gritty
But if it was just for me they would go un too
When I make them , I get three days out of it
And it only takes ten mins
Yummy xx

Oh yum! I might have to bust out my blender and try some. Need to work more berries into my diet so that would be a good way!

I'm very lazy with fruit if I don't
I do like it but kind of forget it
Weirdly :)

I find i have to immediately get fruit cut up when I get home from the grocery store. If i don't it tends to just sit there but if its easy access then I'm more likely to grab for it. I think i"m going to pre-bag some veggies and leave them in the fridge. that way when i'm hungry (which today has been NON STOP), its easy to grab veggies out and eat them instead of reaching for junk food

Does it not go yucky on u then.
Like brown and squishy :)
I've been ridiculously hungry this preg
But seems to be settling a little thank god.

depends on what it is.

strawberries you can put a a little bit of sugar on and they will keep. grapes are just picked off the vine and washed to make them easy to grab. we have apples already washed in a bowl (though you could pre-cut them and dip them in sprite or lemon juice and they stay fresh for a couple days). cantaloupe & watermelon are fine for several days/a week. and pears i just buy in a can (packed in water with no sugar added). Peaches i try and sneak some from my parents who can them fresh so they are easy to open and eat lol

Thankfully today I wasn't as hungry...need to remember i still need to eat though. groceries purchased so hopefully easier to make good choices!

Hi ladies! Hope you are both doing well! All this talk of fruit is making me hungry. :haha: My son is a fruit monster so I usually only get to pick on what he leaves behind. I do have some frozen pre-prepared fruit smoothy things in the freezer but I'm usually to lazy to bring out the blender.

So, now that we are all officially knocked up, does everyone have weight goals for pregnancy? When I found out I was pregnant I just wanted to gain less this time than I did with DS (30 lbs). I've kind of modified that a bit now and am hoping to only gain 20 or less. With my BMI the chart says I should only gain like 10-15 lbs but I think that is unreasonable. I don't want to set myself up for disappointment. Haven't weighed myself in a few days but so far I'm never more than +2 or 3. I've been eating pretty shoddily the past few days so that could have changed. Too scared to look. :haha:

Struggling with name choices this time. We have girl names isolated to two top contenders but when it comes to boy names I seem to hate every option. Have y'all started thinking names yet? With DS we had his name sorted by the time we found out gender at 20 weeks so I feel like I'm way behind the curve ball this time. Help!!!!

With simes I gained 21 pound
And it was gone 3 weeks after
Somewhere around that would be fine
But I'm way hungrier this time
So don't think ill keep it
Hoping second tri be kinder to me :)

Slight spotting again

Scan tomorrow eve
I'll feel safer a bit after
If alls good
Spotting is annoying me
It disappears for ages
And I think I'm ok

Darn that spotting, liles. I hope it goes away soon. Good luck at scan tomorrow!!!

Sounds like we've got pretty similar weight gain goals. The 30 lbs. I gained with DS came off super quick too plus an additional 20 lbs. Over these past two years it has slowly crept back on. I hope with this one I am able to keep up the breastfeeding so the weight has a better chance of staying off.

Same here.
I only partly bf Simon for two months
Then stoped
Hope it goes better this time
It is great for bub as well as weight loss :)

I only made it to like 4 or 5 weeks with DS and that was supplementing formula too. I'm hoping this baby doesn't have to spend any time in the NICU as I think that was one of our biggest setbacks for BF with DS. If BF doesn't work this time my plan is to exclusively pump. Formula is a budget breaker so I'm hoping to avoid it at all cost.

A spell in neo was what scuppered us too.
By time he was home, he was too hungry for my supply and didn't want to wait
Then had latching problems
In hindsight prob due to his stroke
Id stick it out a bit longer this time round though.
I felt guilty and crap last time.
Health nurse told me to stop pumping cos combo was bad for him
Total bull, but I swallowed it at the time
Id be a bit more confident in my self next time.
:)

Sounds so familiar. I feel like they (the NICU) pressured me so hard to start him on formula so quickly I never stood a chance. This time I'm going in fighting to keep the bottle and pacifiers away from baby until I at least have a shot at BF. FX it works out for both of us this time!

I gained 16 with Charles and would LOVE if that was all i gained this time lol. I anticipate it being more, probably closer to 25. With him, all that sounded good in first tri was fruit and veggies and so far that's true this time too. I think i ate 3 bananas, some strawberries, carrots and celery with peanut butter today (along with some animal crackers :) ). If I can make it out of first tri with limited/no gain I will be super happy.

what are you all craving/have aversions to at the moment?

We have our names picked but now DH thinks he doesn't like the boys name....i literally looked through a list of 1500 names plus 500 or so on another and found ONE name i liked...so he might just have to suck it up if it's a boy LOL. We want Calvin John for a boy and Claire Therese Lynn for a girl

You ladies are rock stars for trying to bf with having NICU babies. One of my friends had a premie and wound up not being able to bf. What's most important is that baby is fed but I hope you have an easier road with these next babies to try. DS nursed until he was 17 months and I am really hoping the next will be as successful. Of course, he used to sit and eat for an hour at a time....can't do that while chasing a toddler so this baby will just have to adjust!

Lovely names xx
With Simon I thought I was having a girl
So we made a deal Oh name a boy I name a girl
So then for num two I said I'm naming this one
Id names picked for my last three losses
But then I got superstitious and said to Oh that we seem to lose the ones I name
So he can name this one again :)
But I hve veto power :)
I'm secretly thinking names though :)
I like Emily, Zoe, Rachel, Kate.
Or Jake, josh, sean and Liam :)

I wish I was craving the same as with simon
Its mostly crappy stuff I'm craving
But I'm happier and feel better when I stay away from it
:)

happy belated 10 weeks!! love your name choices :)

I'm back down 4 pounds in two days.
Its great now I'm feeling less sick
I can eat proper healthy stuff again.
Thank god .
Id be a blimp if I kept going the way I was :)
How ye doin xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nirmala kann
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->