Left in limbo updated MC 7 weeks

hayleight87

Reaction score
Hello ladies,
Bare with me this is long winded and confusing.

So I found out I was pregnant about 3 weeks ago. I paid for a private scan on the 17th of April to find out my dates were a week off and baby was measuring 5 +6 days. They then hit me with they could see a hemorrhage on the scan and if can come away slowly or quickly with lots of clots.

So fast forward to the Monday I do a clearblue digi on a big hold and it was saying 3+ weeks. So excited I was.

Anyway Wednesday evening I started bleeding, pinkish discharge but it was only there when I wiped.
It stopped Thursday morning but come back Thursday afternoon. EpU asked me to come down Friday for a cervix check. They said they couldn't scan me because two vaginal scans to close together could cause a miscarriage (hmmmm).

Friday came and the blood turned to red and mainly mainly I wiped lots of it, only little drops on the pad. So I went for the check and they told me they think its the hemorrhage.
The dr said the cervix looked normal and healthy but there was a little blood but it wasn't open much.
They have booked me in for a scan Friday the 30th to confirm if baby is there or mc
Today I've been cramping so bad, past two tiny clots.
I took a test this morning and it was really dark. But tonight on only a small hold the clear blue has dropped to 2 -3 so I'm guessing my hcg is dropping and I'm loosing baby.

Has anyone been through something like this?

Sorry if it makes no sense, I'm writing through tears

I'm not testing to see how my hcg is dropping.
The clear blue has already gone from 3+ and tonight got 2 -3 weeks.

20210424_211729.jpg

Until you have the followup scan or you start to have obvious miscarriage signs, it's fairly hard to say for sure that you are miscarrying. I know it's worrying to see blood during pregnancy and know your baby was measuring a bit behind your dates but not all hope is lost. I bleed with all my pregnancies. Nearly every single one. And if you look at my signature, I've been pregnant ALOT. The hemorrage you have could be the cause of the cramping and the bleeding and they are fairly common in early pregnancy. some women will have one but never know it other than it's seen on an ultrasound because the bleed is reabsorbed and never actually comes out. Baby measuring behind could be nothing to worry about too. I've had babies who have measured 5-7 days smaller my entire pregnancy because some babies are just small. Even your test going from 3+ to 2-3 weeks isn't necessarily a bad sign because of something call the hook effect and those tests being NOTORIOUSLY AWFUL for being inaccurate. You also didn't have a good hold and the hCG in your urine can be affected by SOOOOOOO many things, it's actually impossible to accurately track hCG progression with hpts. The only way to know for sure what your levels are doing is to have a beta hCG blood test done with a repeat one in 2-3 days.

That being said, it does sound like this could be a miscarriage and I'm well aquainted with that whole process. I've miscarried several times and some have happened almost identically to what you are describing. It's heartbreaking and painful and it's just all around not fun. For me, it usually starts out as spotting or light bleeding that builds up over the course of a few hours to a few days. Once I start obviously cramping and I start seeing clots, then I know it's kicking into gear. I just had a miscarriage last weekend and it took 2-3 days for the miscarriage to fully start but once it did, it was over within 4-5 hours I'd say? Once I pass the sac, the cramping eases quite quickly and the bleeding will slow a bit. I do test out my hcg levels with hpts because it's a heck of a lot cheaper than going to hte doctor twice a week but if it takes more than 2 weeks for me to see obvious change in the line darkness, I will call the doctor for bloodwork.

I know it's not much but I just wanted to say that it honestly could go either way at this point. Sometimes the bleed in your uterus can cause the miscarriage. Sometimes the miscarriage was meant to happen and the bleed was the start of it. And sometimes the bleed is there from when baby implanted and while it's scary, it doesn't affect the pregnancy at all. I do want to say that if this is a miscarriage, there's nothing you did or didn't do to cause it. A transvaginal ultrasound isn't going to cause a miscarriage on it's own. Trust me. This is coming from someone who has had vaginal ultrasounds done once a week for 3-4 weeks straight and still had a totally healthy pregnancy. What it can do is cause bleeding though because it can irritate the cervix and pregnancy hormones cause increased blood flow to that area so the irritation can lead to bleeding. There are rare cases where there is something wrong with the cervix and pushing on it with the ultrasound wand could potentially cause issues but those are issues that would affect your pregnancy much later on. So rest assured that the ulrasound you had isn't going to be the cause of a miscarriage if you are having one.

Good luck and I hope it turns out well. If not, then I hope it goes quickly and you can start recovering quickly. Either way, massive :hugs:. Take it easy and try to relax as best you can. Hard to do I know, but try your best.

Thank you for the reply.

I mc back in 2013 and the bleeding started the same but with in a day it was heavy and I got booked in for a scan which baby was there one minute and then they asked me to release my bladder and I lost baby there and then. And bleeding slowly stopped after a few days.

Sorry I didn't make my self clear the hospital here in UK refuse to do vaginal scans one after another, they said there is some evidence that the Heat from the probe can cause mc. So that's why I'm having to wait till Friday the 30th for the scan. That will be 2 weeks.

I've only lost 4 tiny clots, so far and I mean tiny. I have bigger like 8× the size when I'm on my actual period.

It's just a game of wait and see but I just hate that I have to wait so long

So yesterday I had contraction like pains, had to breath through them and then passed some very big. Pains went for 5 or so minutes and then when I went back to the toilet I passed something even bigger. So I need to get booked in today for confirmation

I hope you can get booked in today and get some answers :hugs:

Thank you, they can't get me in till tomorrow at 10.
I'll update then.

I'm just really confused because I'm still not filling one pad let alone 2 in one hour so I have no idea what is happening x

Good luck hun, I really hope everything turns out ok :hugs:. FX for you.

Thank you ladies. I got sent home from work, so I'm resting till my boys get in.

I will update in the morning x

I'm so sorry hun :(, many hugs :hugs:.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"