just wondering

melio58

Reaction score
i was curious if most woman have a bowl movement when they are in labor i am 30 weeks today and its crossing my mind all the time:baby:

i have had 4 births and i havent once pooed at all, i know my sisterinlaw did when she was in labour

I did, the midwives were very professional and removed it immediately so I didn't see.

Don't worry, shit happens :)

I was on and off the loo for about two hrs with intense diarrhoea (passing out kind!) before my contractions started. My waters broke 6hrs before hand.

Unfortunately I did! Lots of women poo but don't realise they have - when the baby is coming out, the head presses on your back passage and it dilates so even if you don't poo you still feel like you are! (At least this was my experience). I definitely did though. I knew I was going to and before I could get the baby out I had to mentally come to terms with this before I could really go for it and push.

They do say you leave your dignity at the door when you give birth and pick it up again on your way out which is so true in my experience! It was not my finest hour by far...

xxx

I knew I was going to and before I could get the baby out I had to mentally come to terms with this before I could really go for it and push.

xxx

Completely agree! I knew I was going to too, I said to my OH, I feel like a need a poo :blush:

I had a water birth, and I knew I had done it when I heard the midwife say to her assistant "can you pass me that thing please" to scoop my poo out :blush:

I did, the midwives were very professional and removed it immediately so I didn't see.

Don't worry, shit happens :)

hehehehe!!! It might sound strange but i think i did??:haha: If i did then the midwives removed it straight away?? I worried about it loads but when i was in labour it seemed so unimportant!

Dont worry the midwives see it every day!! Xx

I actually asked afterwards cos I thought i'd had one but they said i hadn't. That G and A gave me funny hallucinations :haha: xx

If I did, I don't care, lol. Trust me, in labour, it's the last thing you care about.

Not that I know of!!!! TBH, I couldn't of cared less if I did! I worried about it whilst PG, but on the day, all I could think of was getting Erin out - if poo came before/during/after so be it!!

Once my water broke and baby moved right down and I got the urge to push I crapped. And I did it more than once! Trust me you will not be bothered in the slightest. Your dignity really does go out of the window but you pick it back up on your way out.

Wouldn't give it another thought, think more about how you are going to breathe through the contractions and staying in control. X

I didnt with my first, mother nature did a bloody good job at clearing me out with her but I did with my little boy and I knew i was too. I could feel it. In fact i kept asking the MW to clean me up coz i felt horrible, i did keep apologising but they wouldn't have any of it. Every time i had to push more came but no body was bothered, not even my male neighbour who was keeping me company to OH turned up :haha:

I really wouldnt let it bother you hun, you probably wont really give a shit anyway (forgive the pun) you'll be far too occupied with the task at hand.

The MW's are there to deal with anything that is thrown at them, ok maybe not literally, but i wouldnt worry too much hun, it may happen, it may not, no-one worries at the time :)

Good luck with your pending labour :hugs:

I didn't, but I honestly didn't care if it did happen. It's not unusual and the midwives/nurses/doctors couldn't care less, they just clean it up if it happens.
Don't worry about it because you don't have any control over it anyway. Good luck.

Yes, most women will have a BM during labor, usually the pushing phase. Nothing to be embarrassed by, and it's actually a good thing. It means that the baby is pushing on all the right areas and is decending through the birth canal. I've had 2 births and both times I have had a BM. The second time was in my DH's face.

I didnt because i made myself go whilst in labour i kept telling the midwife i needed one and she wouldnt beleive me so i kept going to the loo and eventually had one and so there was no poo to come during pushing

I don't know. It'll seriously be a tiny thing when you're in labour, you just want the baby out :lol:

I don't know to be honest - I don't think I did but I don't particularly care anyway. Trust me hun - that'll be the last thing on your mind and if you do, it'll be nothing that they havn't seen before anyway :flower: x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ashhmichelle
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->