Is anyone else starting to panic over this coronavirus?

That's a shame Thomas' school isn't one of the ones that will be open :(

I hope you have a lovely birthday despite the circumstances.

That's lovely the council did that! :)

I am not sure how they will end the lock down either . There’s been a report today about nurseries opening followed by the rest of the school years. Then restaurants etc . Obvs unconfirmed by the government. I just don’t know how we are ever gonna get back to a normal way of life . I’m still terrified of DH bringing it home from going shopping! He’s only going 1/2 times a week . I’ve seen loads of people just walking by like nothing is going on. It’s crazy how people are handling this .

Aw sorry Thomas’s school isn’t open that must have been a let down. Must be hard for him being out of routine .

Happy Birthday for tomorrow . I hope you have a wonderful day ! Fingers crossed for sunshine !
Hope your DH stays safe while working.

Wow that’s amazing what your local council have done !

Wow the news today regarding children’s skin turning black and rashes with a temp some kind of symptoms of covid 19 they think but some children are not tested or test negative for covid . Apparently it’s a rare form of toxic shock syndrome.

Either way it’s really ranked up my anxiety just when I felt like it was coming down , this has terrified me even more . All I know is I won’t be letting my children out until cases are really low!

What’s everyone’s views on this and things in general ? X

I only read that it happened to two doctors in China and that it was a side effect of a medicine they were given during the early stages of their treatment. I have not heard of kids who had the same effects? Not fun for sure.
But I am still not too worried for my boys to be honest. I have several friends with kids who had it and they all suffered no more symptoms than they would with a mild to medium cold. FX that if C-19 does happen to us, we won't suffer more than that either. And anyway, so far my kids have been remarkably healthy and Nick rarely comes down with anything more than a sniffle. When I had swine flu he kept sleeping in the same bed with me and never had a day of illness. I am hoping my positive thinking will also help.

Honestly I'm not worried about the virus at all. I am however worried about the crash of the economy and the plans for what is coming next. Many people are dying from lockdown alone, suicides, people living with abusers. Lockdown needs to end.
Look at the stats for death from the flu last year. We were not in lockdown them.

^I am extremely worried about that too, much more so than about the virus :(

My kids all have issues with the chests so I am worried about them getting any kind of virus that goes around

I am worried about the economy and how all these bailouts are gonna play out over the next few years some people struggle now . I’m worried for people who have lost or risk losing their jobs. Some of my friends have already lost their jobs .

. I do think the gov needs to tell us now when lockdown will end or get a plan in place . all the people that are in an abusive relationship or indeed taking their own lives , both are just awful.

My DH has been called back into work on Monday. He's been off for six weeks now and they've just had a skeleton staff in the warehouse and he's next on the list to come in. Good thing is he'll be working 9-5 for now instead of his usual shifts. They will be social distancing etc.

How do you feel about him going back to work Bev ?

I've really enjoyed his time off, so I will be sad, but I know he's been worried that the longer he's off then the more chance there is of his job going, but some customer orders are picking up now.

I bet it will be sad to have him go back. But at least it is more humane hours. Are they providing masks and gloves etc?

I think they're just providing hand sanitizer and staggering breaks so that not too many are together at once. He has his own mask though.

Yeah I will also miss my DH when he goes back but will look forward there being more of a routine !

I’m glad he’s got his own mask and the hours are so much better for you all ! Some of The lockdown is meant to be getting lifted on Monday , I’ve seen/heard more traffic on my road last few days too .

Yes I think there will be some sort of announcement on Sunday for next week

Wales have already gone into lockdown for another 3 weeks so I assume England will do the same.

Make sure your hubby doesn't wear gloves Bev. They're meant to be single use. Just for one job if he's wearing them all day he will just spread everything round. Much better to handwash/sanitise as often as he can :)

I will get him to wear gloves. He has a few pairs.

Everyone here is expecting the restrictions to be lifted a bit on Sunday, but we will see. It will probably be extended with the rest of the UK I think.

Looks like we are all not “in this together “ if England is doing their own thing ! Scotland’s first minister is not happy with Boris at all is she !

I’m unsure what to make of the new rules . Glad my girls are not in reception or year 1 though but I wouldn’t send them back if they were .

There’s been a picture of a packed parliament and a classroom going around with the caption when this is safe so is this you’ve prob all seen it at some point . I totally agree with it!

How do you feel about sending your kids back at the end of the month ? Hopefully we won’t see a rise in infections

it doesn't seem to make any sense at all. Surely reception kids would be the worst to send back first because they're not going to understand social distancing at all. My daughter is in year 3 and my son is in nursery. I don't think we will send them back any time soon.

I am not sure I understand the thinking behind it all either, unless it is to relieve working parents?

My niece and nephews in Switzerland went back to school yesterday but the country was less hard hit and their peak was no where near as bad as here and Switzerland started lockdown earlier. No dilly dallying there!
And anyway my niece and nephews' classes are much smaller than ours. I think my niece has 12 other kids in her class and my nephews about the same. My boys have around 33 to 35 other kids in their classes! :wacko:
But if schools reopen I not sure if we are going to keep ours home. I am just not sure what to make of that announcement. I am eager to get back to "normal" but obviously I want it to be safe.

I'm in Wales and we are still in lockdown for 3 more weeks :haha:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->