Is anyone else starting to panic over this coronavirus?

I was actually coming on tonight to rant about the same thing Bev ! It’s vile what that company is getting away with ! I’ve signed the petition I think it’s disgraceful !!

It’s not essential at all , you can’t get all your food items there it’s just a place for people to go and buy stuff from ! Should be closed ASAP !

Also Home Baragin and B and M should close / block off aisles / not be allowed to sell anything other than food and maybe that will discourage people from going too! I dunno maybe I am just getting too frustrated because we have been in now for nearly 3 weeks and I see people going into these stores to buy garden things . I dunno there’s a fine line between it being essential and looking after our mental health i.e by having nice spaces in our homes during lockdown . Hope that makes sense !

I’m looking forward to having a nice Easter Sunday roast hopefully (if DH can get the meat and veggies haha ) with DH and the children . If it’s nice a lunch time picnic outside too and a Easter hunt ! What’s everyone else planning ?

That is exactly it though. Loads of companies do things by online order and delivery. Should we stop ordering anything that is not food or medicine related in order to shield the people who work there? And how many smaller companies will survive that? And if those companies close down, cause no one buys from them anymore, how many people will be out of a job by the end of this? How many will lose their homes because they cannot afford their mortgage anymore. Sure, the banks -and through them the government- could and will help but we aren't talking about a couple of millions here but more likely several billions. And who will pay those back? We will, the tax payers - but with what, if we lose our jobs?
I have read a few books set in the Depression in the US and the name said it all, not only for the economy but the mind set of the people too. Utter misery. I hope this is not where we are headed.

thats awful about the range! I cant believe they would even keep it open during these times let alone get freezers shipped out, i bet you're glad you don't work there anymore Bev, I certainly wouldn't want to put my time and effort into a company that treats staff like that!

I’ve found my first few strands of grey hairs today just to add to a more depressing situation! I feel kinda sad but not bothered in a way also . I only turned 33 last month! Probably noticed them odd few strands more because I haven’t had my hair done for about 8 weeks ! Thanks lockdown !

Well it’s made me decide to go blonde and get rid of the brown colour I have now!

What’s everyone’s plans for Easter Sunday . I’ve just laid the Easter eggs out , feel bad that DS doesn’t have as much as DDs but he’s only 9 months, he got more finger type foods which he will actually enjoy. We are hopefully going to have a egg hunt and picnic lunch outside and then a Gammon roast for dinner !

I woulnd't worry about the grey hair. I have loads of friends who had them in their 20s and I still have only the occasional one, even though I am ancient. So I don't think it is an age thing at all. But I long to have my hair cut! The thought of having to possibly wait till September is actually unfathomable! lol And I really wonder what sort of mop my Dom will end up with lol

We just laid out an Easter hunt for the boys with their classic little soldier figures pointing the way to the next stash. They loved that last year so hopefully it will be fun again this year. Apart from that I just hope we can go for another walk to and around the Heath and then enjoy our roast lamb. It will be weird not to be with Nick's sister and mother. It is the first time since the boys were born :(

James' hair is getting so long already!

I hope your boys have a lovely Easter. That sounds lots of fun!

I’ve found my first few strands of grey hairs today just to add to a more depressing situation! I feel kinda sad but not bothered in a way also . I only turned 33 last month! Probably noticed them odd few strands more because I haven’t had my hair done for about 8 weeks ! Thanks lockdown !

Well it’s made me decide to go blonde and get rid of the brown colour I have now!

What’s everyone’s plans for Easter Sunday . I’ve just laid the Easter eggs out , feel bad that DS doesn’t have as much as DDs but he’s only 9 months, he got more finger type foods which he will actually enjoy. We are hopefully going to have a egg hunt and picnic lunch outside and then a Gammon roast for dinner !

I wouldnt worry, I had my first strand at 24 :haha: I've got a few more but they've not got worse! So consider yourself lucky, i was technically a baby when I had a greys haha!

Easter has been lovely given the circumstances. I cooked a gorgeous Portuguese roast with all the trimmings and ate my weight in chocolate! Ill be going straight out of isolation into weight watchers!

Do any of you UK ladies have experience with this? Sebby's eczema is acting up again quite badly and I really need a refill of his antibiotic cream which normally they give him out no problem but usually want to see him every second refill. Obviously that is not going to happen now. Do you think they will still let me get the cream for him?

Hahah I’m not bothered now about the grey hair was just surprised ! Luckily it was just a few odd strands ! Even so bring on the Blaine for the summer !!

We had a lovely Easter in the end too!

I think under the circumstances they will just give him it . I rang my GP cause DS cut his finger and it got infected . They said to just send over pics which I did . Maybe you could just do that ! Hope he gets some !

I can’t even read that I’ve read too much on other websites this week about children .

What a awful situation to be in too terrified to seek help truly heartbreaking . My heart goes out to all of them .

We are lucky enough to live within a 5 minute drive to our local children’s hospital . I would be terrified to take mine the thought right now scares me but if needed I would .

God bless them all x

So another three weeks of lockdown how does everyone feel about this ?

I’m quite happy to stay in with my children , I do have times when my mood is awful and I get so frustred sometimes that I just need five minutes on my own! But hey it’s allowed haha .

I am missing a normal routine too. There’s just no structure to the day no matter how I try and plan things doesn’t work out . Gonna have to let this one slide too. I am not missing the rush to get DDs to school hahah

I miss our normal routine too which atually means I do miss taking them to school. I am mad I know lol. But I like our walks there and back and our conversations and holding their hands while walking (how much longer will they want to do that afterall?!) and I also, quite frankly, like my little routine after I drop them off. I often go to a cafe, sit, play my game on my phone and listen to an audiobook, while drinking a cappucino. It is my little bit of Me time where I don't have to do anything for anyone except me. Not sure that makes sense cause I absolutely LOVE being a mummy. Oh well.

I never really thought school would start up again after the Easter holidays but I still had this faint hope they would open again soon after.
I worry they are going to add weeks again and again just cause they know if they present us with an outright lock down till September, many peole will just go crazy :(

I can see the lockdown continuing until September :(

I'm actually not that bothered by it. My life hasnt actually changed all that much.. the only thing I'm finding difficult is food shopping. I had to go yesterday and I find it so stressful. Arrows down the aisles telling you which way you can go.. lines everywhere to stay 2m apart.. constant reminders over the tannoy of what you should and shouldn't be doing. Then half the shelves are empty. Its getting better, but there's still a lack of things like pasta. I also found a lot of things were out of stock and expected the next day. Annoying!

I'm loving having the kids home even though some days all they do is argue and i feel like banging my head against a wall :haha:
I wish I could home school all the time but I definitely think their education would suffer. Some of the stuff my daughter has had to do I've had to google how to do it! Shes only 8 :rofl:

Ds1 doesnt really like doing the work either. I do wonder how they get him to do it at school.

They've both done quite a bit now.. dd has completed everything the school provided her with.... they dont seem to be updating anything for her class. Shes onto the worksheets I've printed at home.

Ds1 is getting weekly updates on top of the work already provided before they finished which is great.

I'm actually more scared on returning to normal than I am at the thought of the lockdown lasting til September. I just cant see how they are going to do it!

Dh hasn't had a reply from his work about being furloughed yet.. hes signed the documents but no response as to when he actually gets paid. That's a little scary...

Thomas' teacher contacted me as they're making a list of key workers and vulnerable children who can go back to school. I was contemplating it as Thomas' meltdowns have increased tenfold but I've just found out that only 8 schools in my borough are open and Thomas' school isn't one of them. I'm not sure I want to send him now. The point was he would go back to his school somewhere he knew with the teachers he knows but that won't be the case now and I'm worried that it will make him worse.

It's my birthday tomorrow. It'll just be me and Thomas most of the day as my husband will be starting work on Covid-19 wards.

I'm glad the sun is back it makes me feel so much better. We'll be able to get back into more of a routine with my husband back in work too.

Our council have been putting these on our roads. I love it.

FB_IMG_1587310882789.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->