Home Birthers & Hopefuls!

I'm due 2nd June had a hospital birth with my 1st normal no problems etc so decided I wanted to have a home birth this time hoping I can and achieve it! Even though I'm slightly nervous :lol:

Hi all

I'm so excited to be here. I had considered having a home birth with #2, as apart from a very long pre-labour with #1 it was pretty much textbook, but my mum & husband were very sceptical and talked me out of it. As it happened I ended up being induced at 41+1 due to reduced movement. I ended up having an extremely quick delivery where I was checked at 3.30am and only 2-3cm I had her in my arms 15 mins later!!!! I went from 2-3cm to fully dilated in 10 mins and pushed for 3 minutes!!

I had my booking in appointment last week and the community midwife said I would be at very high risk of delivering on route to hospital if I didn't consider a home birth as its a 25 min drive to the hospital.
I was hoping she would say this and I think my mum & hubby can't disagree with this so are more open to the idea and happier with my choice.
Already been looking into pool hire as its always been a wish to have a water birth but never had the chance before for one reason or another.

Sorry for the long post, just too excited. Just hope all goes well through the pregnancy so I can still remain hopeful and baby behaves towards the end so I don't need to be induced again!

Congrats! Definitely sounds like a good option for you :) my home birth was just the best experience ever <3

I had my home birth as planned

Abit late as I forgot to come back ..

Sydney Rose was born on the 5th June 3 days overdue :)
7lb 1oz

Contractions started at 3am well I had cramping and iffy pain which I tried to sleep through .. By 4/5 I was getting contractions but irregular they continued for awhile until around 7 I got examined and had a sweep at 6 I was 3cm then. Then contractions got really bad it was so painful compared to with my son! I didn't think I could do it tbh with no pain relief etc but I did! She arrived at 9.02am it happened quite fast I felt I needed to push for awhile but didn't want to until midwives came back :lol: I was sat on the toilet for ages :dohh: but moved into bedroom after and 2 pushes she was here! Just had a graze no tears this time thank god! But no problems and we're both good!

image.jpg

All the best with your homebirth plans Jess and congrats becyboo!

Hiya

Im 10 weeks pregnant with number 5! I had my first in hospital absolutely horrendous experience, second in birth suite which was a little better, guess the next step before being brave enough to go for home birth. Third and fourth born at home. Third in water, last one was meant to be but realised on the day I went into labour my pool had 3 punctures.. lesson learnt for not testing it before hand! Both lovely but the water birth was by far the best experience ive ever had!

Planning another home water birth this time and super excited :happydance:

Congrats Becyboo shes gorgeous!

Good luck with the homebirth plans Jess hope all goes well and you get your homebirth, its such an amazing experience :D

Thanks Anababe. Congratulations on no. 5 and good luck to you too. I guess having 2 successful home births already gives you confidence for another so long as baby behaves!

ok, back again lol now 41 weeks by the mw and 41+2 by me and still no real sign baby is planning to arrive, this is normal for me but it doesn't make it any easier each time people try to encourage me by saying baby won't be so late but everytime baby is it just makes me more down. I think i need a good cry to release my hormones

This thread was really very useful for me... off to share all the necessary tips with my pregnant friends.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->