February 2024 testing thread

@NightFlower

I didn't test today. I spent the whole day yesterday reading up on reviews of Femometer's HPTs. Thing is, I've been using this brand's OPKs to track ovulation. They have been working very well for me. My last ovulation tests came with some free HPTs, that's why I used this brand.

The only times I've tested with HPTs were when I wasn't pregnant and there was never any evaporation line. But this time, with a positive pregnancy test, I felt that the lines were pretty faint. Not knowing exactly how many DPO I am doesn't help me to figure out how dark the lines should or should not be.

From the reviews, I found out that a lot of women are very happy with Femometer's ovulation tests but they were unsatisfied with the HPTs. Many said that the positive lines are very faint whereas their lines darkened with other brands. There were also those who said that they got a BFN on this brand but BFPs on other brands.

It's the 25.2.24 today. I checked for the latest Amazon review on this brand and the lady who wrote on 23.2.24 basically said the exact same thing that her tests didn't darken and she felt that for someone who had a previous CP, this brand was terrible to reassure her that her pregnancy was progressing. She got a 2-3 weeks on Clearblue when her lines on this cheapie brand were faint at best.

All these reviews gave me some reassurance that perhaps my lines are fine after all. I might call the fertility clinic to get a HCG test tomorrow and see where I am. But I'm thinking of just waiting it out.

I will definitely not test with this brand's of HPT anymore. They just feel wonky to me. I've got no signs of AF and I'm definitely late by now.

@NightFlower

I didn't test today. I spent the whole day yesterday reading up on reviews of Femometer's HPTs. Thing is, I've been using this brand's OPKs to track ovulation. They have been working very well for me. My last ovulation tests came with some free HPTs, that's why I used this brand.

The only times I've tested with HPTs were when I wasn't pregnant and there was never any evaporation line. But this time, with a positive pregnancy test, I felt that the lines were pretty faint. Not knowing exactly how many DPO I am doesn't help me to figure out how dark the lines should or should not be.

From the reviews, I found out that a lot of women are very happy with Femometer's ovulation tests but they were unsatisfied with the HPTs. Many said that the positive lines are very faint whereas their lines darkened with other brands. There were also those who said that they got a BFN on this brand but BFPs on other brands.

It's the 25.2.24 today. I checked for the latest Amazon review on this brand and the lady who wrote on 23.2.24 basically said the exact same thing that her tests didn't darken and she felt that for someone who had a previous CP, this brand was terrible to reassure her that her pregnancy was progressing. She got a 2-3 weeks on Clearblue when her lines on this cheapie brand were faint at best.

All these reviews gave me some reassurance that perhaps my lines are fine after all. I might call the fertility clinic to get a HCG test tomorrow and see where I am. But I'm thinking of just waiting it out.

I will definitely not test with this brand's of HPT anymore. They just feel wonky to me. I've got no signs of AF and I'm definitely late by now.
That's a good sign that your late. Hopefully they can get you in for blood work tomorrow. Can they tell how far along you are just by hcg numbers? Figured they will tell your due date at your first scan by measurements. Since you don't know when you ovulated or what dpo you are. Well if you tests again with a different brand it comes back a dye stealer.

@Brianna777 Hi hun. I can't seem to understand your ultrasound. Do you have more than one gestation sac? Why would they suspect that the pregnancy is ectopic?
We did another ultrasound today at the hospital. I am not sure what was seen on the last ultrasound as they couldn’t confirm today. Still patiently waiting I guess but my hcg is still going up just not doubling as frequently as they would like.

@NightFlower

I truly wish the best for you and that you get full confirmation at your appointment.

@Brianna777 thinking of you. I was a one tuber and can understand how terrifying it is to ttc. From my understandings a pseudo sac can be present in the case of an ectopic- no yolk, no fetal pole. But they aren’t sure if the sac is early pregnancy or pseudo yet :hugs: hopefully you have some clarity in the next couple days

@NightFlower

Fingers crossed!!!

Tested this morning so 4 and a half days after transfer, BFN..... let the testing begin ](*,)

24BDDE3B-BE1D-40B7-9E61-6F8A336E46B3.jpeg

Hi ladies!

I was digging through my cupboard and found out that I had another brand of HPT that I had forgotten about. The One-step pregnancy tests. They are 10miu so they are more sensitive than the previous brand but the lines came up immediately and they are almost as dark as the control line!!! The urine was also very diluted cos it was a max 10 min hold because I just peed when I found out about the HCG tests and I tried to force more urine to come out. Lol.

This is such a relief!!! For the previous CPs, I also tested with 10miu tests and they were never that dark. They were often only faint second lines. I'm feeling so so so much better about this pregnancy.

Good morning ladies think I'm 5dpo woke up feeling nauseated and just yucky. Know it's early but hope it's pregnancy related and I'm not getting sick again. Only a few more days till I start testing. Praying af won't come a week early like it did last cycle.

View attachment 1118228

Hi ladies!

I was digging through my cupboard and found out that I had another brand of HPT that I had forgotten about. The One-step pregnancy tests. They are 10miu so they are more sensitive than the previous brand but the lines came up immediately and they are almost as dark as the control line!!! The urine was also very diluted cos it was a max 10 min hold because I just peed when I found out about the HCG tests and I tried to force more urine to come out. Lol.

This is such a relief!!! For the previous CPs, I also tested with 10miu tests and they were never that dark. They were often only faint second lines. I'm feeling so so so much better about this pregnancy.
Yay! These look great! I hope I get to join you!

I couldn't resist testing today even though I'm only 5dpo/6dpo. Saw a faint line in time and it dried with 2 lines. I've never had evaps on this brand before so it's giving me a glimpse of hope. I'm not sure you'll see it because it extremely faint. Also I'm crazy for testing just had to do one lol. Now I'll wait till the 29th if I can. Think I still have a few 10miu tests and some premom ones.. I'll have to look and see what I have left as I haven't got to test in a while.

20240226_120131.jpg

20240226_131430.jpg

@elmum That's an amazing positive OPK!!! Go catch that egg!! Do you use CoQ-10??? I've been taking that for more than half a year cos blood tests showed that I'm deficient in that mineral. I read that it's also great to improve egg quality.

@NightFlower Really hoping this is the cycle for you!!

@Jules8 I really hope you join me too!!!!! First trimester is lonely and I'd love to have someone share it with me!!! Come on BFP!!

@Momof2onetube Thank you so much!!!! I can't believe that I got pregnant at 41!!! This pregnancy is already such a blessed miracle because my last successful pregnancy was 6 years ago when I was still young and fresh at 35!!! Crazy how FAST time flies!!!

I got PROGRESSION!!! I didn't want to use Femometer test strips but I really wanted to see if the lines progressed in darkness, so I POAS just now.... around my 9pm. Just a random pee sample without any long hold. This was my result!!! The tests are 25miu.

E591481D-5DF6-47D1-BEAB-FFCAA9B8AFBF.jpeg
To compare; these were the same tests 2 days ago.

2EF083ED-5DC0-4C55-8620-6ABF6D75715D.jpeg

I still can't believe it at all. Still in shock. No pregnancy symptoms at all.

I did a blood test with a famous naturopath / doctor from Spain who checked my blood cells under a microscope. Based on his analysis, he prescribed me a list of vitamins, minerals and amino acids to take. His motto is "I don't treat diseases, I treat the person." He just looks at the quality of your blood cells and tells you what to do.

I've been taking L-carnitine, L-lysine, omega 3, coq-10, zinc, vitamin B complex, magnesium glycinate (specifically this form because it's an amino acid and the body absorbs it much more easily), selenium, milk thistle. I know it sounds like a lot, but it felt like I've been giving my body an overhaul the past 8 months!!

Ahhh, I also took Nattokinase -- highly-recommended, to detox from the covid Spike Protein. It's medically proven to breakdown and denature covid Spike Protein to reverse the effects of covid + covid vaccine. I developed thyroid issues after covid so I needed something to heal my thyroid. It's almost completely healthy now.

I hope this helps any of you who reads this!! Oh the naturopath doctor sent me an envelope and I pricked my finger, took some blood, sent it back and he analysed the blood in his lab. He has a lab in Spain and one in the U.S, so you can reach him anywhere. If you're interested, I'll share you the contact here!!

After my miscarriage in Dec 2022, I had to wait about 8 months before I could start to TTC but I truly believe that resetting my body and giving myself time to heal from covid-related thyroid disease really helped my body to get into optimal shape to conceive. I HATED the wait. But it seems to be exactly what I needed.

Pls don't give up!! I'm hoping and waiting and praying for you ladies to join me!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->