Family of four

LynAnne

Mum to 2 Boys
Reaction score
We have two sons. DS1 will be 2 next month and our youngest is almost 10 weeks old and we have decided our family is complete. DH is 110% done whereas I would probably have one more if he was up for it. I know he won't change his mind though and I'm surprisingly fine with it. After several losses we didn't even know if we would ever have one level alone be blessed with our two beautiful boys.

Logistically, practically and financially it just makes sense for us to stop at two. That isn't even factoring in the emotional or physical strain pregnancy puts on us both. Even with having a very easy pregnancy in the grand scheme of things with DS2 I found it absolutely exhausting with another child to take care of. So yeah, we are both happy to say we will be staying a family of four.

DH has said he's happy to get a vasectomy in a couple of years time (we are not yet 30 and we've heard that sometimes it's hard to get doctors to agree to a vasectomy before you're 30) but until then I'm looking for other contraception. I don't want to add hormones to my body and I don't want anything that will make my period heavier or more painful as it's never exactly been light or easy in the past! Before kids we just used condoms and will possibly just go back to that but I'm curious to hear other people's experiences with different contraception.

Also, has anyone else heard "oh, yoy never know" or "maybe one more" a million times from friends and family when they say they are done? Everyone seems to have an opinion on my family size! We haven't said about DH probably getting a vasectomy in the future (it's no one's business).

We are the same. Very happy being a family of four and I don't think I could cope with anymore. I do still get comments from family though

Four here too but wish for more. Too old now, not enough time and can't handle the worry.

Im expecting my 5th and final baby and family still don't believe it'll be my last!!
Im gonna get sterilised but in the mean time I'm thinking the non hormonal coil xx

We are also a complete family of four. We struggled with infertility for both and I developed pre-e with my daughter. After that my husband made the decision we were done. I was a little slower to come around but I am now with him. My doctor was also not so subtle that I shouldn't have anymore after everything with DD. DH got a vasectomy in March and it was the best decision we could have made.

Thankfully all my friends and family know how horrible it was with DD and how sick I was even pp so nobody bothers to say you never know. When I brought up maybe one more with my mom she told me there was no way that was a good decision. I am glad everyone has been supportive. At the end of the day I don't think I could have managed with another baby anyways. My two fill my heart and I know we are complete.

I do feel sad rather this is the last time I'll do all the baby things but I'm also pretty relieved. Four just feels right for us. Anyway, it's sort of five because of the dog - she's the biggest baby of them all!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->