Bedtime?

bumblebeexo

Reaction score
What time is 'bedtime' for your 2/3 month old? LO refuses to settle until 10/11pm but spends the whole evening fussing and crying, it's so draining!

I go up stairs with my lo at 10 and give her,her last feed and she in her crib asleep by 10.30 at the latest and she has done this from 2 months

My son sleeps from approximately 7:30 to 11:00 PM, and is then awake until about 1:00 AM. He then sleeps until approximately 6:30 AM. This is a recent change (he has been a crappy sleeper since birth, never sleeping longer than two to three hours at a time). Nothing we do will get him to sleep during those four-ish hours. Luckily, he is not fussy during that time. However, he is extremely fussy in the few hours before 7:30. So, I'm not sure whether to classify his bedtime as 7:30 or 1. :shrug:

At that age my son was going to bed about 6:30 and slept about 12 hours with two feedings.

My dd was going to bed around 8pm I think. She is 6m now and bedtime is 7pm (or thereabouts) but she sleeps worse now than she did at 3 months :/

My DS goes to bed bed around 10-11pm until 7-8am with one feed at around 5am.

My dd is almost 4 months old but for the past month or so, her and my 3year old ds have a bath between 6:30 and 7pm, I feed dd in my bed then put her in her cot in her room, normally before 8pm. She will generally wake between 10 and 11 for a feed then go on her moses basket until anywhere between 1 and 4am. We will normally be up for the day by 7:30am.

Between 8.30 & 10, she is on the boob constantly from 7pm or even earlier, she will either fall asleep feeding or being cuddled on and off. Once she has been asleep for 20 mins I put her in her crib.
Xx

I think it was around 8pm at that age but we never really put him to bed then. My dh would hold him while I slept. DS naturally had a longer stretch of sleep beginning at that time so he really set that time himself and we just went with it. Eventually we started cosleeping. Bedtime is now around 7pm and he is 6 months and sleeps in his crib in his own room.

My 2.5 year old starts getting ready for bed at about 8:00. After she's asleep, I usually bring Leo to bed. For a while he wasn't settling for the night until 10:30. I'm not sure how much of a pattern we have at the moment at 7 weeks old. Also, we bed share.

She usually goes to bed at around 8. She will sleep until 6.30/7 waking for 1 feed, occasionally 2.

At that age, my dd wouldn't settle until midnight or so. It was awful. But she gradually moved it forward without me doing anything differently - just following her cues. It will get better!

I think at that age my lo was falling asleep downstairs in a bouncer around 8/9. From about 4 months I started putting him upstairs in the crib in our room with a monitor. This gradually got earlier as he got older and he now going to bed around 7/7.30 xx

At that age, my daughter slept in the wrap in the evenings from about 7/8pm until we went to bed at 10/11pm, then we brought her to bed with us. She wouldn't have slept without us at that age, so the wrap worked great and also I think helped to acclimate her to an earlier bedtime. When she was 4 months old, we started to put her to bed upstairs without us around 6/7pm and it was an easy transition. I think if doing a 'bedtime' isn't working yet, there's no reason to force it or stress about it. If one of you can hold your LO or use a wrap until that later 10/11pm time then all go to bed at the same time, then great. Do it until an earlier bedtime gets easier, which it will in time.

My DD2 will be 2 months old tomorrow and her bedtime is around 7:30. She sleeps from 7:30PM-4AM (with one dream feed at 10pm), nurses, and then falls right back to sleep until 7:30AM.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ashhmichelle
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->