bad breath

kosh

proud new mum!
Reaction score
About a month or two ago my 3yo developed bad breath. Before that every time he had bad breath it was only for a few days and associated with some infection/cold. This time it also started with a cold, but it hasn't gone away. His diet hasn't changed.

I took him to the doctor and he said that it is likely to be his adenoids, and gave us some saline drops for his nose.

Any other suggestions/experiences?

No advice, just wanted to send hugs :) xx

Do you brush his tongue, and brush (floss if needed) twice a day? Sorry I don't have more advice.

Do you brush his tongue, and brush (floss if needed) twice a day? Sorry I don't have more advice.

yes, we do brush teeth and tongue twice a day.
as I said his diet or habits haven't changed and tbh it doesn't seem to be the typical smell you'd expect due to food and/or mouth bacteria. I guess I trust the doctor that it could be his adenoids I was just wondering how common this was and if someone had any more advise.

based on the number of replies, it seems it's very odd :nope:

eta: found this
https://www.huffingtonpost.com/thomas-p-connelly-dds/mouth-health-does-your-ch_b_487408.html

Hope I didn't hurt your feelings mentioning brushing...so many kids that I meet don't have great oral hygiene. I didn't when I was a child and I've had to get so much work done so I try to encourage others to make sure they're brushing/flossing.

I read your article. My son has to see an ENT b/c of ear infections (recurrent) and they mentioned taking out his adenoids. I hope your lo's breath gets better--hopefully the saline will help.

yes, we do brush teeth and tongue twice a day.
as I said his diet or habits haven't changed and tbh it doesn't seem to be the typical smell you'd expect due to food and/or mouth bacteria. I guess I trust the doctor that it could be his adenoids I was just wondering how common this was and if someone had any more advise.

based on the number of replies, it seems it's very odd :nope:

eta: found this
https://www.huffingtonpost.com/thomas-p-connelly-dds/mouth-health-does-your-ch_b_487408.html

no worries! :flower:
I too had bad oral hygiene so I am very concerned about it too

Sophia has had a couple of episodes of bad breath recently too, so you're not alone. We brush teeth and tongue twice a day and like with you no change in diet. Very bizzare, but it did clear up on its own. I was considering a trip to the dentist but then it all went. If it returns I probably will, mainly to get her gums looked at as that is the most likely cause of bad breath.

Check there's nothing stuck up the nose that could be decaying? An old pea or something x

Maria has really bad breath, the doctor said its likely due to reflux in her case.

I have GERD and get episodes of awful breath, gaviscon usually sorts it out. Maybe try avoiding acidic foods for a while?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ashhmichelle
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->