Back to work

Fuze

Reaction score
Well the time has come and I have to return to work tomorrow. I don't know how in going to do it. I have only been apart from her for an hour and a half when I left her for a settling in period at nursery and tomorrow I have to leave her for 9 hours.........
I just worry she is going to think I have abandoned her. I worry she won't nap ( she is terrible for napping unless she is fed to sleep, rocked or taken out in the car or pram). I worry she won't eat as she is normally breastfed and she will be having expressed milk in a bottle.
I worry she will think I don't love her.
Oh god I don't know how I'm going to do this.
I'm sorry for the ramblings, I know you ladies in the USA only get a couple of weeks and I have had 4 amaizing months with her but it just seems to have gone too quickly and im scared she is going to grow up too fast and I'm going to miss all her archivements and milestones.

Sorry I'm just in bits sat in bed feeding her.

It was my first day bck today huni and it was hard but not as hard as I tot it would be :-D the break was gud and getting home to see my baby was best feeling ever you will get through the day , and she will love U just as much as she does now xx

The first few weeks are so hard & there are still days when it absolutely sucks, but it does make your time with her that much more important and special! Plus you'll be amazed with the things she will pick up at daycare. As long as you're comfortable with wherever she goes you will be ok. But I understand! It is sooo hard!

Good Luck chick!

I've been back to work for 2 years now and I can honestly say i'm much happier having away time from my boy. It makes me appreciate him so so much more. Nursery was really hard but he got there. Soon it'll feel like normal :)

I went back to work at 12 weeks, so I totally sympathize. Hope this makes you feel better... Just my experience:

Your three month old has no concept of time - 9 hours means nothing to her. She doesn't have object permanence yet, so she has no concept that you are even a different person than her :) She will not know you have left her or feel unloved. This will be way harder for you than for her. This I promise you.

My LO was a terrible napper as well prior to starting at the in-home daycare she now attends. She would only nap in a swing or in her stroller. At daycare, she had no choice but to learn how to sleep stationairy in a crib. It was a tough first week - one day she only slept a grand total of 20 minutes! Although the experience was awful at first, once she learned how to sleep in a crib at daycare, she started being okay with sleeping in a crib at night and for naps at home. Her naps got better, longer and more predictable because the provider put her on a schedule. I think she also slept better because she got a lot of stimulation when awake - more so than when at home - when going on outings and watching the toddlers.

Going back to work helped me be a better mom. Having some adult time was essential. Even though I was getting little sleep, I actually felt better rested when I started work. When I was with Charlotte, I was really WITH her (most of the time.... we all have off days). I think our bond actually improved because I got a break on a regular basis. The little things, like giving her a bath or playing on the floor, became so much more special.

Once your little one gets older, the smile they give you when you pick them up at daycare or return home for the day is indescribable. Leaving is worth the reaction you get when you come home! It's the best feeling in the world. In that moment, your baby knows you love them and that you are mom. You don't need to worry!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ashhmichelle
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->