Anyone else have to pin their baby down to sleep??

jessmke

Reaction score
My LO is all over her crib when she is trying to fall asleep. Her eyes are closed and she does the humming sounds she does when she is trying to go to sleep, but her body just will not stop moving! She's rolling all over the place, pushing up onto all fours and rocking, moving her legs like she is crawling while her head and chest are still on the mattress. She gets frustrated and starts crying because she can't fall asleep, so I have to go in and gently hold her down by her bum/hips so she can't roll or crawl and then she will fall asleep. Last night I heard her whimpering so I looked at the video monitor and saw her on her back holding onto her feet and rocking back and forth. I went in to check on her and she was fast asleep while she was doing this. As soon as I put my hand on her tummy so she couldn't move anymore she stopped whimpering, so I think the moving was disturbing her sleep. I'm hoping the novelty of moving will wear off soon!

Thomas was really bad for this, up till he was about 18 months old! I used to have to lie down next to him and hold his arms down and he'd fall asleep very quickly. Otherwise he thrashed around for ages.

Both of mine were still swaddled at 5 months though.

Zodi won't stop with his hands! I've only really nursed him to sleep or almost asleep or he has fallen asleep in the carseat. He eventually stops moving but not sure if he's sleeping when he is still fidgeting. Sometimes I have to tuck his hands between our bodies and pat him til he goes down :rolleyes:

Zodi won't stop with his hands! I've only really nursed him to sleep or almost asleep or he has fallen asleep in the carseat. He eventually stops moving but not sure if he's sleeping when he is still fidgeting. Sometimes I have to tuck his hands between our bodies and pat him til he goes down :rolleyes:

Isla was all about the hands too before she could move the rest of her body easily. She sleeps with a pacifier and it would drive me crazy because she would be just about to fall asleep and then she'd reach up and pull the pacifier out of her mouth and then scream while holding it in her hand. I'd have to go in and pry the pacifier out of her hand and put it back in her mouth just to have the whole process repeat itself 5 minutes later. That lasted about a month until she realized she could just put it back in her own mouth! Now she sleeps with one hand on the pacifier in her mouth to make sure it doesn't fall out, and a back up pacifier in the other hand just in case she loses the one in her mouth, lol.

Isla was all about the hands too before she could move the rest of her body easily. She sleeps with a pacifier and it would drive me crazy because she would be just about to fall asleep and then she'd reach up and pull the pacifier out of her mouth and then scream while holding it in her hand. I'd have to go in and pry the pacifier out of her hand and put it back in her mouth just to have the whole process repeat itself 5 minutes later. That lasted about a month until she realized she could just put it back in her own mouth! Now she sleeps with one hand on the pacifier in her mouth to make sure it doesn't fall out, and a back up pacifier in the other hand just in case she loses the one in her mouth, lol.

:cloud9::cloud9:that's too cute

Have you given LO anything to hold? I find giving mine a muslin to hold stops him writhing around/pulling out his dummy ect.

My lo is really squirmy just before bed time. He is only 7 weeks old but will almost jump out of my arm. I walk around with him until he settles. When he wakes to nurse at night he needs a moment to settle right after as well. He stirrs quite a few times but stops when I pat his back and talk to him. I think he wants to make sure I'm there. He sleeps even better when held but I only do that when he can't settle because of reflux or tummy aches.

This is really normal around that age when they are just getting the hang of rolling and starting to develop the skills to push up and eventually walk. It subsides once they master whatever developmental skill is on the horizon. Just ride it out until then, doing whatever you need to to help her settle into sleep, and it will get easier.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ashhmichelle
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->