Agnus Castus (Vitex) ladies - Lets see how successful it can be (2 BFP's so far!!)

i take it al month, sometimes taking a break during AF and in tincture form, so about 60 drops per day. i think it helped regulate me, it gave me 28 cycles every month, no side effects. i stopped taking it because i thought it may have delayed O, but it turns out the only thing i did differently that month was take B6 to lengthen my LP which can also delay Ov. it's best to take it in the morning on an empty stomach as it absorbs better. i will start taking it during the 2nd half of my cycle this month since it was so helpful before. Oh, and along with Red raspberry leaf, it may have helped make my PMS WAY more mellow!

OOO anyone want to join me in getting this going again?!xxx

I'll start it back up with u.. i just started vitex today.. i was on clomid for 6 cycles and only O'ed once, so im gonna take a break from that and try vitex for a while..

what about u?

I was TTC, but was constantly bleeding as my cycles were messed up. So I came off ttc as it was too frustrating and went on the pill in the hope to sort things out. Finished that and onto AC & EPO. Seen so many positives that I thought at least a try wouldn't harm :)

Are you trying for your first? X

yes we are tryin for r first.. i was diagnosed with PCOS in July of 2010, doc put me on metformin and clomid.. went tho 3 cycles of clomid at 50mg, then 100mg, then 150mg and nothin.. well i guess u could say the last round worked but not the way it should of.. the doc said i didnt O but i took a test a wk after my blood work and it was positive and then conformed it again with blood.. but then 2 wks later at 6wks i m/c.. :cry: i was so devastated..

so im gonna try AC and c if that helps.. if anythin just regulate me.. just take a break from clomid :wohoo:

gl to u hun

Hi there ladies ..... id like to help get this going again too !!

I have pcos and have been reading about Vitex and thought i would give it ago .. i have been taking it a week so I will see how things will go .. i have also just started to chart.

Hi, I hope there is somebody still active in this thread as I could really use someone to stay in touch with while ttc. I'll start by saying a lil bit about me, I am 30 yrs old, I have a beautiful 12 yr old daughter, ever since she turned 2 yrs old I have been ttc for #2 but it didn't happen until 5 yrs later and to my surprise it ended up being twins which then sadly ended in mc at 6wks. Since it's been another 5 yrs and I decided to go to my dr about it again since I had tried other drs before and was always told to lose weight or get on bcp to regulate my periods, etc. Well finally my dr decided to put me on clomid as I am 30 n my chances are becoming slimmer with age, so anyway had 4 cycles of clomid with no ovulation whatsoever so next step was to be injectables but unfortunately we can't afford that right now so after much crying I decided to go online and research natural herbs to possibly help me to regulate my cycles and ovulate and hopefully bfp! I just started taking (about 1 wk in) 2000mg of Maca in capsule form, 2 Mega Vitamin for Women pills (which also has some Vitex, wild yam, dong quai, and some other herbs in it), also 3 cups of fertilitea which also have herbs I read about which are good for reproductive health main one being Vitex, and I am currently awaiting an extra Vitex pill I want to start. Am also considering adding False Unicorn Root and Royal Jelly as I have read great things about them. I know it sounds like much but I am so desperate for a bfp! It's been a long and very hard 10 yrs ttc and every month and worse every yr that pass me by with no success is heartbreaking and makes me feel like less of a woman for not being able to give my daughter a sibling and my husband more kids and hopefully a son which I know he secretly hopes to have one day! Anyway all I can do is continue to pray and hope God had a hand in leading me to these herbal supplements because they are the answer to my prayers! Sorry for the long post, I just had to get it all out there! Thx for "listening"! Best wishes to all of us and hoping on a bfp soon for all of us hoping for one!

Hi there,

Read about Vitex online after researching Fertility aids and am starting today!

My cycles are kind of strange. When I was a teenager I got it at 13 and then it was intermittent until I turned 18 when I went on bcp. after a few years of forgetting and PG scares I changed to depo-provera for three years. I hated how it had made it so easy for me to gain almost 70lbs, so I switched to the Evra patch. I was on that until 2007 when I found out that I can't be on any kind of hormone due to really bad debilitating migraines with aura. (scary stuff...felt like I was having a stroke once) my periods ended up regulating out to about 30 days, fairly heavy,7 days.

I concieved my son in November 2008 using EPO and pre-natals. Now I recently went through a bout of not having a period for 3 months and when I did get it on Feb 14 (yeah nice timing on that one) it lasted almost over two weeks. During this time I had many tests done including pg's. My doctor has diagnosed me with "probably" PCOS and referred me to my gyno for further testing and treatment.

I really don't want to go on drugs if I don't have to. I know they put you on diabetic drugs like Metiformin and clomid (frankly the idea of twins scares the wits out of me but I'll take what I'm given with a smile!)

So now, I start this. I"m currently taking pre-natals still. Extra folic acid and b12. Spina bifita and other tube defects run in my family (mom has spina bifita, grandmother had severe scoliosis, aunt and uncle have pallet and clef lip, as well as cousins with pitted lips) the genetic counselling told me that the chances are low but still, I'm not taking any chances. (I also have spina bifita occulta...not severe but it is painful at times) I also take extra Omega-3's and some chrominum (also starting today) to aid with glucose intolerance.

Sorry that's a small novel. Anyway, hoping to be in a group of supportive ladies. Wishing everyone they're precious :bfp:

Hey, I would love to join a group of ladies doing vitex if anyone is still doing it?
I started Vitex at the start of the month. I have poly cystic ovaries and I am still being tested for PCOS.

The day after starting vitex (I take 2x 660mg/day) I started spotting, which lasted a week. It was the first time I had seen a hint of AF since December last year! I am very happy with it so far.

I have had a lot of CM since the spotting stopped and I am keeping an eye on it to see if I ovulate this month.

Fingers crossed :D

hello ladies,
so excited to find this thread can i join in?
i been on vitex for seven days along with red clover and red raspberry leaf. i just got off depo early june and AF dissapeared on me. but on day four of vitex i started spotting been spotting for three days. looks like its working. while on depo i had nothing. no spotting no signs of AF so i definitely giving vitex the credit for this one. i was wondering if any of you ladies are using AC after birth control and have gotten AF back? and if so how long were you taking it before AF fully came back?

hello all...

https://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/d/0;1;10769;104/st/20120824/o/25/l/37/dt/13/k/4ccd/ttc.png

https://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/3e81a3/thumb.png
My Ovulation Chart

TTC Buddies with SBinRI, Pauls_angel, Katherine1209, Melainey, Newbie32, Lisamfr and Commie

Hopefully someone is still active on this...

TTC for 2 months. Took my first vitex pill this morning - really looking forward to its results! I've seen a lot of success through this thread so here's looking toward a little bean! :):happydance: Who has had any recent success and what type of vitex are you using? Oh! I forgot to mention - I'm also starting folic acid and B6. :)

Hello. I have been using blackmores vitex since the 29th august. aparently it takes a few months of it to work.

Hi Ladies,

I've been taking AC for a few days now. I'm CD2 and hd been spotting for 10 days before this. I'm currently on my second cycle after d&c. Both cycles I've spotted for 10 days at 4dpo until AF!!!

Taking AC from h&b but still unsure how long to take it for -all through cycle or just til o? I'm taking epo for first month too til o and I'm using cbfm.

Xx

take it all through the cycle. they say it can take up to 3 months to work may i ask why you are taking it.

take it all through the cycle. they say it can take up to 3 months to work may i ask why you are taking it.

Hi Pammy,

I'm taking it to see if I can stop the spotting I've got from 4dpo. This has happened the last two cycles since I had a d&c and its just horrible! Also I'd been recommended it by 2 of my husbands colleagues who both had mcs this year and are now expecting.

With my first pregnancy I believed I was having a period as it was 2days before AF due and I booked my HSG. It seems like that caused the mc but we will never know and I'd hate to have bleeding again so hope the AC might boost my progesterone!!

I hope it works for you sweety. I had to stop it as I had a mid cycle bleed on ac and freaked me out a little. keep me informed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ashhmichelle
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->