A few questions to the ladies who have been threw m/c's

Maidenet

Reaction score
Hey ladies.... Im not sure where I should of posted this, but thought this was the best place. Please move it if its not xxx

I have had testing for reoccurant m/c after my 3rd one, and I resently had another. All tests have come back normal. After my last appoinment the Dr said if I fall pregnant again, ring them ASAP and they will give me prostrogen tablets.... they might help they might not.

I have a few questions if anyone can help:

1) Have any of you gone threw multiple m/c and then had a sucessful pregnancy?

2) Is there anything I can do to help our chances? Baby asprin, raspberry leaf tea etc.....

Any help would be greatly appreciated

:hug:

My mother went through 4 miscarriages between myself and my sister. One at 20 weeks. She was told that everything was fine. She was young, healthy and fertile. The doctor put her on progesterone when she fell pregnant with my sister, as a precaution, and the pregnancy went perfectly. My sister is now 14.

Sorry I have no answers but I am in the same boat as you. Just had my 4th m/c a couple of weeks ago. Sucks hey?! xx

Sorry for your losses hun!

I've just had my 5th in a year. My new gyne is fab and checked my progesterone levels this morning :happydance:, he also has me on aspirin (helps nurish the womb), Clexane injections but. However, this is what I've done since my last misscarriage

Started Vitamin B6 100mg
Wellsprings progesterone cream (started today after my bloods)
Double dose of folic acid

:hugs:

ps, my results all came back normal too

i'm sorry for your losses and that they haven't been able to find a reason for them.

i had 5 miscarriages and 1 nnd before being put on clomid, baby aspirin, vit b6 and progesterone and concieved the 2nd month of trying

eta - if possible try to get progesterone capsules rather than the tablets (unless you have an allergy to peanuts) as the progesterone in the tablets is pretty much all broken down by the liver. the capsules can be used as a pessary too

Sorry for your losses hun!

I've just had my 5th in a year. My new gyne is fab and checked my progesterone levels this morning :happydance:, he also has me on aspirin (helps nurish the womb), Clexane injections but. However, this is what I've done since my last misscarriage

Started Vitamin B6 100mg
Wellsprings progesterone cream (started today after my bloods)
Double dose of folic acid

:hugs:

ps, my results all came back normal too

Are you pregnant again now huni?? xxx

I'm going to take aspirin 75mg as doc said he'd put me on it as soon as I got BFP. My friend told me she did it before getting pregnant (she had 3 mcs too) and last time her pregnancy went all the way. I, like you, have been told I have no problems at all but after 3mcs it is quite difficult to accept.

Hi Maidenet,

I just wanted to share my story with you as it may give you some hope. I know I haven't been through much in comparison to lots of other ladies on this site, but I have still experienced loss and I know how it feels :cry:

Before I had my son, I experienced two miscarriages. It is so upsetting and unfair when this happens and I'm really sorry you've been through this aswell :hugs:

I couldn't get my head around it as I really thought I'd done everything right i.e. taking folic acid, eating healthily, getting enough rest, non-smoker, not drinking etc. And myself and partner were both young and healthy. But on both pregnancies, there were strong heartbeat's on my early scans and then none by 8-10 weeks :(:(

I urged to hospital to carry out some tests for me. Everything came back fine. I then went for a Hycosy and all appeared to be ok, there were no abnormalities detected. It's hard not having any answers as to why the mc's happened :( However, the month after the Hycosy, I fell pregnant with my son. I didn't do anything differently to the previous prenancies. But for some reason, he was a strong little one and hung on in there! The pregnancy went fine and he is perfectly healthy.

Since having my DS 4 years ago, I went on the pill and came off it back in Aug/Sept of last year to ttc. I conceived in my second cycle which I was over the moon about. I really thought something would go wrong or that I'd have to go through a bit of heartache before I could have another normal pregnancy. But thankfully, everything has been looking normal and positive up until now (I'm 35 weeks):cloud9:.

I just wanted to let you know that there is hope for you and no reason you won't go on to have a normal and sucessful pregnancy in the future. I know how dishearting it can be and how traumitising it is to lose a baby you really long for. I wish you every luck with ttc and hope you get to hold a beautiful baby in your arms very soon :hugs:

Best wishes xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

:hug:

Had 6 miscs before our first daughter. Could find no problems withme , but found hubby had something called a balanced translocation which affected his sperm. The chromosones were all mixed up. If we got an unaffected sperm then we had same chances as everyone else of a viable pregnancy!. Have had a total of 9 miscs BUT 4 children on the way. Little they could offer us at that time but treatments may have moved on since then. We just kept trying.
The hardest part was not knowing the cause of the miscarriages so know how frustrating it is

ask for a test for graves disease. it might not be that but they will not test you for it unless you ask this is a post that i put on here a few days ago to try to raise awareness of the disease and they didn't test me because i do not display the characteristic symptoms of bulging eyes but yet i still have the disease. it is a simple blood test that IS NOT done by routine and doctors do not know much about it so it goes undetected so much, i have had to explain what it is to my midwifes, the gp etc and they are the ones who are supposed to know these things. 16 miscarriages all between 8 and 12 weeks and an ectopic at 10 weeks later i am now 33 weeks pregnant due to simple medication.
17 angels but there is hope

firstly let me say i do not in any way want to hurt or offend anyone nor am i on here to gloat, a few people know my story and they have all said it gave them hope so i wanted to tell you about it. hurting anyone or making your pain worse is not my intention as i have felt the devastation of losing 17 babies one after the other over the last 6 years. for the last 4 years i have been in hospital on my birthday having miscarriages and d&c's and last year was a ten week ectopic so i know your pain only too well.
i have 3 children aged 15, 14 and 11 then i got sterilised due to being in a violent relationship. a few years later i met my husband and decided to try for a reversal a year after we were married. i was assured it had all gone well and we began to try immediately. within a month i was pregnant and we were elated but it was short lived and my babies heart stopped at 8 weeks, we were told it was natures practice run and encouraged to try again and we did. however we systematically lost 16 pregnancies and were never given any answers as to why. they all died between 8 and 12 weeks. all had heartbeats and all normal in development. i was severely depressed and ended up having a breakdown and we nearly divorced due to the situation. i named all of my babies. june/july last year we once again found out i was pregnant. we decided that we would see how things went and not go for scans or anything as i could not stand the devastation of the look they give you when telling you the bad news. everything went fine until 21st august when i was ten weeks, i just didn't feel right, no pain, no bleeding just a feeling. i went A&E that night and they took my blood and told me come back the next morning for a scan. i arrived the next day after suffering extreme pain that morning and was met by the doctor who told me my hormone levels were great and there was nothing to indicate a problem except for my white blood count was up indicating an infection that they would give me antibiotics for when i had had my scan. this gave me some reassurance and i went in for my scan. however the womb was empty. at ten weeks there should have something to see but there wasn't so i had to have my tubes scanned and sure enough there was a ten week foetus in my tube but my tube had basically exploded with the growth and i was immediately rushed to theatre.
when i came round my husband and i were told i had lost so much blood i had nearly died, i had been in theatre for 3 hours and had lost my tube but they couldn't understand why or why i was so ill. i was devastated. as were my husband and children, i looked dead due to the blood loss and being so ill. a few weeks later i was sent to have a dfye put through my existing tube to be told there was extensive damage and my chances were slim. we decided to stop there and move on as my body and mind could not take any more.
2 days before xmas day i got the familiar feeling of being pregnant and did a test xmas day. i was pregnant. i was devastated but happy. i resigned myself to the fact that when we went for the scan on 5th jan they would tell me the familiar sentence of we're sorry but...
they didn't.
i was scanned evry week in the early pregnancy unit till i was ten weeks, in the meantime they did some tests, simple blood tests and found out something that could have saved me the years of heartache and pain of losing my angels, i was diagnosed with graves disease. this is an autoimmune disease that basically caused my antibodies in my body that are designed to protect against colds and things( they fight the infection) to actually attack the foetuses and kill them as they saw them as being an infection. they immediately put me on PTU a medication to help this. the antibodies began to attack my thyroid and i developed thyrotoxicosis instead which means my thyroid is being destroyed instead. i made it past 12 weeks and was scanned evry week. at 26 weeks my meds were reduced and i am now 32 weeks. baby is fine. i will be poorly after the birth but and have been so ill throughout the pregnancy with weight loss and hyperemesis, ketoacidosis and nearly went into a coma at one point but its worth it. i have to have a planned c-section and the baby will more than likely have a few thyroid problems after birth but these will only be mild and wear off by 6 weeks. i have defied the medical experts and i cannot breastfeed due to the meds, i am also high risk throughout and will more than likely have early labour rather than meet my c-section date.
every week was a milestone and i just wanted to let you know there is hope. i will always have graves disease but it can be controlled and it is possible to have a baby even after the losses i had. as i said i am not here to gloat or to hurt or upset anyone but please remember it can happen. my thoughts are with you all and i understand your pain and wish i could help you all through it
i am sorry if i offend anyone, it was not my intention, if you have any questions please contact me
thankyou and blessings to you all
xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ashhmichelle
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->