♥ December 2021/January 2022 Due Dates ♥

@Teafor2 oh my I couldnt imagine having to deal with an entire classroom of rowdy kids all day! My two have me mentally and physically drained at the end of the day and now my dd started 1st grade I only have 1 for 7 hours and hes exhausting lol.

wondering if this timing is baby growth spurt for us all to be feeling extra tired? That or might just be weather related. Soooo not looking forward to daylight savings time change. That always throws me for a loop for a couple weeks and Im already starting off half dead. Ugh.

I with you on the tiredness/lack of energy, it doesnt matter how long or well I slept, within an hour or two I'm ready for bed again! It sounds awful but I just cant be bothered with anything.
We have a lot of things already, just need to get the pram set which I will do end of month ish,plus some sheets etc. Parents have bought things too which has helped. I'm just ready for the end now, 9 weeks until due date but may be less depending on what consultants say. 9 weeks..I can do that, I think lol

Love the announcement! So cute! Wish we could pin down a name so I could plan something ahead of time like that. I think we might be leaning towards Sadie now. The kids still choose Tessa every time but Sadie flows better with our last name.

Havent started with a hospital bag yet - Im a procrastinator when it comes to that. :-$ I still need to figure out coming home outfit for baby. Its funny Ive had 2 summer babies and this is my first winter baby so I feel like a first time mom having no clue what to pack/buy for her clothes wise. Lol

Anyone have previous winter babies with tips of how many onesies, hats, sleepers, etc for winter newborn I would much appreciate!
I’ve had a winter baby and a summer baby. I think x 10 of each is a good amount for washing and if you have a very sickly baby.
we have different sizes over here. I have about 10 first size baby grows/sleepy suits I think you call them which are up to 7lb 8 (so small ish). Then 10 new born in up to ten pounds and ten 0-3 months. Same goes for vests (10 in each size)
I’ve got about 5 cardigans in new born size too. Only because I love a knitted cardigan on a new born! X

When is everyone going on maternity leave ? I had planned 39 weeks but have moved it to 38 weeks now as I’m exhausting working full time with 2 young kids!

All my baby shopping is done except things I need for my hospital bag (pads, nightwear etc)
I’m on mat leave from 34 weeks because I have annual leave to use from work which is amazing. It won’t actually kick into mat leave until I’m 38 weeks! So yes all set and excited. I’m so uncomfortable in bed, I’m struggling to sleep. I’m only happy when moving around and walking etc

On mat leave from 37 weeks but taking a week off as leave before so I'll leave when I'm 36 weeks. 5 weeks and counting ha

Maternity leave starts here 28 days before due date... so at 36 weeks.

We are about to start a kitchen/living room renovation in about 2 weeks! Really want it done before she’s born but I’m beginning to feel stressed about the process of getting it done. Plus we’ll be without a kitchen for about 3 weeks and I’m just imagining myself huge and washing dishes in a plastic tub of water. It will be so much better once the layout of our living room and kitchen are different though!

I'm currently on sick because of blood pressure and I'm so bored! Ive still got 2 weeks annual leave to take as well so my mat leave will kick in at 38 weeks.
Had protein in urine yesterday so that's being sent off to the lab.
Was admitted last weekend again as blood pressure went to 192/95,had to have a ct scan on brain as wanted to rule blood clot, all clear thankfully.
I need to get sorted, though I will just spend a day shopping probably at the end of the month to get what we need.
Can't believe we are onto single digit for week countdown for some of us eekkk! Babies will be here before we know it!

Sorry about your bp @xxmyheartxx I hope it settles!

growth scan went well, she’s average of 2lbs 6oz. Measuring 10th centile but no concerns. She is breech as it stands. My BP was perfect today 116/62 and no protein in urine. So the meds seem to be doing well at keeping my Pre-E at bay for now. They have also said they aim to deliver at 39 weeks if my BP stays controlled instead of 37 weeks

Glad everyone’s doing relatively well! Not long now is it can’t believe how fast this pregnancy has gone but it’s slowing down now I feel. Nearly 32 weeks …
Been in for reduced movements today all fine and kicked up a storm in the Monitor. Just happy they are ok in there!
I have everything shoved in the loft for the baby we don’t have enough room this time for a nursery until we move house next year so I feel very unorganised. Starting to feel this baby may come earlier than my others too so planning on getting hospital bag packed around 34 week mark and hopefully start getting some things sorted when I’m on annual leave next month! X

I didn't think of it as single digit weeks countdown, yay! 31 weeks today. Growth scan and consultant next Weds so going they will talk again about inducing early (or maybe even c section going by my notes from last time)

Has anyone noticed a change in Braxton Hicks? I've had them painlessly for several weeks now, would just feel bump go hard but now that is still the case but it feels more like mild period cramp at the same time. Nothing to get worried about, it's still not at all painful, I'm just aware. Been 10 years since last pregnancy and don't remember what happened in that!

@Mummyto293 I’m not officially starting maternity leave until 39+3 as that is the first day back at school after the Christmas holidays. Technically though my last day of work will be 36+4 when we finish for Christmas.

as for shopping, I just don’t feel like I can afford it. I am really lucky that we kept all the big items from our daughter 4 years ago and my mum is going to buy us two of the last 3 biggies (mattress and light fitting for her room). We haven’t started her room yet as my sister in law is still living with us at the moment. We should be able to get cracking with it in November. But aside from paint and bedding we don’t really have much to do for there.

the nappies, wipes, milk, hospital bag stuff will have to wait til December now I think which is kinda scary, though I’ll only be 34 weeks at the start of Dec so it isn’t pushing it tooooooo much We shouldn’t be feeling so strapped for the cash but I’m putting as much as I can away for maternity leave and what’s left is dealing with Christmas so it’s a timing thing really

I didn't think of it as single digit weeks countdown, yay! 31 weeks today. Growth scan and consultant next Weds so going they will talk again about inducing early (or maybe even c section going by my notes from last time)

Has anyone noticed a change in Braxton Hicks? I've had them painlessly for several weeks now, would just feel bump go hard but now that is still the case but it feels more like mild period cramp at the same time. Nothing to get worried about, it's still not at all painful, I'm just aware. Been 10 years since last pregnancy and don't remember what happened in that!

My braxton hicks have been painless hard bump for about 6 weeks but now all of a sudden I do get some cramps with the odd one and also had one I have to breathe through the other day.
It’s also now being set off by everything - need to pee *squeeze*, stand up *squeeze*, walk more than a minute *squeeze*, sit still/drive *squeeze*
It’s going to be a long 13 weeks at this rate!

Thanks @Mummyto293 ! My target registry completion coupon starts in a couple days - i’ll add a bunch of bodysuits and sleepers to my list!

Not sure I even get maternity leave - probably need to figure that out lol. I only work 1 day a week but its a very busy on your feet for 9 hours type and Ive already told my manager my body cant handle that anymore. My back is absolutely shot by end of day, my sciatica kicks up and I can barely walk and needs a couple days to recover after and I cant push myself into a lupus flair and risk damage to baby or myself. Shes so amazing and Ive been with her 3 years - she knows I love working and bust my butt so shes more than happy to accommodate thankfully. I’ll be only doing a couple/few hours a week now until I cant do that either.

@Mummyto293 glad babys ok

@aymz1983 my BH are ridiculous. And for some reason the last few nights Ive been getting a ton when just watching tv at the end of day on the couch - like every 5-10 min for a couple hours. Makes no sense as its when Im resting. My body be crazy. Hoping all that uteran workout will mean baby comes with one push :haha:

@IsabellaJayne great news bp is controlled! Glad baby is well even if teeny. My dd always measured between 10-30% during scans and she came only 1 day early and 7 lbs. I wouldnt be worried unless her centiles drop :)

@kmpreston awesome you kept everything. We gave it alllll away after my ds was born bc we were so “done”. Jokes on us I guess. Had to start from scratch on the big items - bassinet, carrier, bouncer, jumper. Still have a crib thankfully as ds still uses sometimes. My friend had a dd last november so is giving me all her clothes which is amazing.

Just started ordering my stuff too. Breast pads, pump, lanolin, oh my. :wacko: Will pack my hospital bag probably after 36/37 weeks

@aymz1983 I’ve noticed my braxton hicks are a bit more intense than before. I wouldn’t say they’re painful but they make me feel as if I’m about to pee myself and they are a bit uncomfortable. I’ve had a couple that I’ve had to breathe through not because of pain, but just trying not to pee myself while out!

Sorry @xxmyheartxx I go so stir crazy I couldnt imagine being stuck on bedrest. Hope it goes quick for you or the bp settles down and pre-e stays away!

…..And so it begins…..
2A925AD1-BD33-4278-BD73-D18B50BF8ECA.jpeg
Good thing my nursing pads are en route.

My BH's have been a bit hectic the last day or so and feeling crampy like my period and some back pain.. Getting a bit more real now lol!! Have my 34 week appointment on Monday, so hoping to get an answer out of my OB about what the plan will be with birth, if I'll be induced a bit earlier or wait and see. I'm kind of hoping I will be induced again, as dd's birth was only 3 hours.. and getting a fair bit of back pain now. 37/38 week induction would be music to my ears lol!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->