What To Pack In Your Hospital Bag - Suggestions

Somebody has probably already mentioned it, but towels! I seriously overpacked last time but didnt take my own towels - I will this time. The hospital towels were too small, they hardly covered my boobs & leftover bump let alone my arse.:dohh: So big fluffy (dark) towels will be on my list.

Some hospitals still provide formula :) its best to contact your hospital direct and ask x

Would Aptamil ready to use starter kit be ok to take in to hospital to feed baby? It's got 6 one use bottles and teats in the box? With my DD they had these little bottles there but not sure if they still have them... So think I'll be getting one of these boxes for £8, says 24hrs worth of feed

I was given one of those packs (minus the one bottle she used) by a friend. My only worry would be that I'm not sure what the guidelines are for reheating the bottles multiple time, because there's a huge amount of milk in them for a newborn. I'll have a look at the instructions for you though.

ETA - it says that it can be used at room temp as well as after being warmed but to discard and unused after 2 hours. Each bottle holds 90ml so I think there would be quite a bit of wastage. I've seen pics where at 1 day old a baby's stomach is the size of a cherry and even at 3 is only as big as a walnut. There's nothing about how many times it should be warmed.

I was given one of those packs (minus the one bottle she used) by a friend. My only worry would be that I'm not sure what the guidelines are for reheating the bottles multiple time, because there's a huge amount of milk in them for a newborn. I'll have a look at the instructions for you though.

Thanks, the ones I was given in hospital I just gave to DD1 at room temp. And then disposed of it afterwards... But she literally only had a few sips of it.

Good point xx

I asked my mw about the starter aptamil packs she advised to take cartons as they can be kept in fridge open for 24 hours, she said newborns generally only have 1oz so il be taking in a couple of cartons and keeping the starter pack for when we're out n about.. Hope this helps 😊

There is so many posts I kind of got lost. The ones in the main post are the main ones right?? or should I add some more stuff to that list?? :) TIA

Hmm..... I'm trying to fit what I need in 2 bags, one for me, one for baby. If I'm able to (as in, if I'm still completely compus mentus and the panic hasn't sent me doolally) I'm going to put on my own going home clothes for when I go in, so that'll be less to put in the bag. Need to invest in some more bigger knickers.... have bought button front pj's for after too, I'm not a nightie person at all. Also got nursing bras in my bag as I'm hoping to B/F...

Birth plan is still on the "to do" list - mine got ripped out of my notes in temper when oh and I disagreed on something :haha:
So I still need to pack a towel, hairbrush, snacks, notes, cash, entertainment (had an overnight stay last week and was SO bored!)... Think I might have most of it. Oh needs a kick up the butt to get his bag sorted!

I'm going to put on my own going home clothes for when I go in, so that'll be less to put in the bag

I'd make sure that you have a spare outfit left out somewhere for someone to bring in if necessary - my waters were gushing all the way to the hospital and had to squelch my way up to the delivery unit :dohh:

Ah..... ok... Thank you - I'll have another bag that can be kept in the car then.. xXx

So im currently packing my babies bag and although it will all fit it seems to be a tight squeeze. I have a pack of 23 nappies in there. Im thinking this might be to much, soooo

How many nappies would you all suggest I pack? I could always put the remaining in DH car so if I run out there already at the hospital kind of :shrug:

I've got about 15 nappies in my bag at the moment, I'll put more in the "car bag" for just in case.

When we did the hospital tour the midwife said we'd use about 10 a day so that's how many I have. We live across the road so OH can bring more over easily if I'm running low.

I took a whole pack of nappies with my son, I was in a few days after due to needing transfusions, I didn't use the whole pack but most of it x

For this LO, I will definitely be taking a pack of disposable nappy changing pads. Very convenient for when you have to change your baby on your hospital bed, which you then later have to sleep on!

I'm in the US and the only thing I really needed was a going home outfit for baby and myself. The hospital provided everything else we needed. :)

Edited to add ~ Pillow! The hospital pillows were really horrible! Also I wish I would have had flip flops, I hated walking around in my bare feet..

So im currently packing my babies bag and although it will all fit it seems to be a tight squeeze. I have a pack of 23 nappies in there. Im thinking this might be to much, soooo

How many nappies would you all suggest I pack? I could always put the remaining in DH car so if I run out there already at the hospital kind of :shrug:

Yoooo lol I only tuk one as used loads of theres lol did that with all mine 😜 xx

In the US they provide everything except a go home outfit for baby and you, but one of the things i am most definitely putting in my bag is a comfy pair of slippers for trudging around the hospital and a celebratory Lambic for after i wake up after the delivery!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->