Waiting to start the process in one year

MommaCosima

Reaction score
Has anyone known from the beginning of a relationship that you want to start trying for kids as soon as your lives stabled out? I'm graduating university next month and in the process of moving to a bigger house/etc. But once all that happens we'll be in a good position to start trying. It's very soon into the relationship, but we're both wanting her to carry one. (Her plan before she met me was to start trying as a single parent this winter, so she'd be pushing it back a year so we can figure out our relationship first.) We'd be waiting until we had been together for a year (minimum) but I worry about the judgement once we announce it.

I don't know. I already have a four year old, so it wouldn't be a completely new territory for me. I have sole custody with no access, so it would be adding a newborn to a 5-6 year old.

When I met my partner I knew that I wanted to have a baby already. Different circumstances as she had never thought about it. I already had a 3 year old. I did TTC before we sorted the relationship out, but she fell in love with her when she was born and we have since sorted us out. I was probably selfish and impatient its good that your partner is willing to put it on hold for a bit.

Yeah we knew from the beginning and wish we had started sooner. If only we knew how long it would end up taking!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->