TW - (Traditional Weaning) Support Thread

Arthur was managing to self soothe to sleep. However, he started teething (he is a late teether - first tooth finally emerged about 3 weeks ago!) and since then I have to cuddle him to sleep. He needs the comfort. As he is a late teether I am sure all of his teeth are on the move poor little man.

We have both decided that next year we will start ttc for baby no.2. I'm both excited and nervous. I am going to start taking folic acid and vitamin D from about September / October this year so that it builds up and fx it doesn't take as long this time!

HI flou,
I am so proud of my little man, he is falling asleep on hid own. Thanks to the internet, I took advice from another mom and did Stay by sleeping method. I had to stay with him till he fell asleep. Every 3 days make a distance. Tonight I will be standing at the door and hopefully next week I can close the door and leave him alone. Such a releave:flower: I am so happy and my back is not so achy any more.
Congrats on your first tooth.:happydance:
Bronsen is doing ok with his teething. he just cries a bit more when the tooth is coming out. Even I saw some blood. He is not interested in any chewing rings, he likes organic walnuts in shell and a teeth massage stick. and of course he chews his bed. I am planing to put some baking soda cos he won't listen. At this time 4 teeth are growing at the same time.

He started to walk at 12,5 months. He was falling al lot, but in 2 weeks he really made a big improvement. Even our furniture has no sharp corners, he did fell and hit his head couple of times. So please be careful, it is a critical moment for the child's safety.
He is gagging himself putting his figer in his throat, didn't throw up yet, I am sure he wants attention, so i don't respond to his trick.

I am very happy for you about your decision TTC again. I wish you short and calm journey this time.:hugs:
Is he interested in fingerfood?

Hi hi ladies. Can't believe we are here again but Amethyst is 17 weeks on Tuesday so when daddy gets back from his business trip in 2 weeks time we will start her on home made purées again 😆

Day 2 of weaning.

Galia melon is laxative but as Amethyst is slightly constipated at the moment that's not a bad thing hehe.

She's not convinced but isn't crying, and is still VERY interested in our food, so we are gradually carrying on.

Good luck with the weaning Fliss. Have loads of fun trying out different foods. Arthur's first favourite food was banana and he still loves it. When we are in the supermarket and we go past the bananas he goes nannan yum yum! So adorable! Arthur loves food he can eat with his fingers. He has used a spoon a few times but I think it will be awhile before he masters that one.

I've started this thread for ladies who wish to wean their babies the 'traditional way'.

Traditional weaning, is where the parent/carer spoon feeds their baby, and takes away the responsibility of feeding from the baby until they are a little older and can spoon feed themselves.

We use pureed foods to start, including vegetables and fruits and baby rices and porridges, gradually introducing more food types as the baby gets older e.g. meats, dairy, eggs, fish.

This thread is for support, recipe suggestions, or even if you want to show off your LO being weaned.

It is not a debate thread for those who use other weaning methods.

Thanks ladies xxxxxx

Hi I am looking for a bit of advice regarding weaning please (first time Mum!)

My dd has never been a particularly hungry baby and we struggled to feed her early on as she suffered with colic and is lactose intolerant. The most she has ever taken in one feed is 6oz (formula) and the most she has taken in 24hrs is 26oz, usually only 23oz consistently. HV seems to think this is fine as she is a small baby (5lb10 birth weight).

She is now 5months 3 weeks and we started weaning two weeks ago on baby rice and homemade veg purees. She really seems to enjoy these and only wakes once during the night since we started (around 4am) for a 5oz feed.

My concern is that she now seems to have dropped her morning bottle. She wakes around 6.30/7 and will only take 2oz at most (and thats a struggle). I've tried waiting another hour but still won't take more however, if I offer baby rice she eats it all - so seems hungry - but takes no more milk.

She has her veg puree around 11/12 but again only up to 3oz milk max. I've tried feeding milk first, milk halfway through and milk afterwards, doesn't make a difference. The other night she screamed her head off when I tried to give her milk at 5pm but took 2 bowls of baby rice! She has started to snack on milk throughout the day which is frustrating as a lot is wasted and its difficult to work out when her next feed should be. The only way I can seem to get the milk down her is 5/6oz after her bath, and a dream feed of 5/6oz around 11pm - totalling 19oz.

Is anyone else in the same boat? Any advice would be greatly appreciated! Or should I just relax and let her tell me what she wants and when?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->