That was it! 10.24.12 birth story

tentoes92

Reaction score
So I woke up the morning of the 24th at 40 weeks and 1 day after having a sweep the day before feeing a tightening in my stomach that was very mild but coming every 3 mins lasting 30 secs. The sweep worked! It was about 9 am. My SIL texted me and I let her know I thought I was having mild contractions and since my OH was at work she came to sit with me until he could make it home. We started timing contractions til about 10 30 where I had a lot of bloody show and lost my plug. Super gross. I panicked a little at this point! After that, me my OH and SIL timed contractions and they started coming every 1-2 minutes lasting about 40 seconds. Since I was told to go the hospital when they were five minutes apart lasting a minute, I called my doctor to see what they thought. They told me to head on into labor and delivery to get checked out. We ate some lunch and headed over there, arriving around 1 30. I was put on the monitors and checked by the attending midwife who was a midwife at the practice I went to so I was happy. I was 2 cm dilated the day before st my appointment and was three stretchy to a four when she checked me. My BP was kinda high at this point and the babies heart rate was high and he was t very active so they decided to admit me. I was moved to another room, but had to remain on the monitors while they gave me some fluids via iv to see if baby would be
More active and if my Bp would go down.
Around five o clock contractions were getting stronger but I was coping wel and was checked by my midwife who decided to break my waters, in hopes to speed things along as she wantd to be able to deliver the baby for me. Turns out I had meconium in my waters, so an internal monitor was put in to keep a better eye on baby. Contractions got really intense really quickly at this point and by six I asked for the epidural. It was heaven and such a relief. My contractions were coming about thirty seconds apart lasting thirty seconds so I wasn't getting much of a break in between anymore. After the epidural was in, I had a catheter in and had to be monitored for thirty minutes before everyone besides myOH was allowed back in the room. Baby was not coping well at all, and his heart rate dropped dramatically during contractions and the nurses kept rolling me side to side and giving my oxygen to get it to come up. It was terrifying watching his heart rate drop on the monitor and I was in tears at this point. My mw was running in and out talking to the doctor to discuss what to do. Again his heart rate dropped and it was decided a c section was necessary. I was giving a shot of something to stop the contractions, shaved downstairs and hubby was suite up and collected our things. He went to go wait with the rest of the family while I was wheeled in and prepped for surgery. Honestly I was t
Very scared at this point I just wanted baby here safely. After I'm on the table and situated OH comes on and they pinch to see if I could feel it which I could so they topped off my Epi. Then they started the procedure and I could feel a painful pressure that was very uncomfortable and asked for them to top
Off my Epi again. The pain was still there, so I was given some kind of gas to
Relax as it was then realized a lot of force was needed to get baby out. I was so out of it at the point. They never announced when they took baby out probably because they didnt want us to panic about him not crying. We heard a whimper here and there and we both started bawling cause he wasn't crying enough. Finally he let out a good scream and it was such a relief. They brought him over to us for a picture and a quick kiss and whisked him off to the
NICU. Hubby went along shortly after. I was stitched up left in recovery for an hour. Turns out baby boy was super distressed and needed to be resesitated after he was born :( the cord wasn't around his neck or anything and he didn't swallow any meconium so we still don't know why he became so stressed out. After delivery the baby's blood ox level wasn't good so he was put on oxygen antibiotics and an iv for fluids. I got the see him before I went to my wars upstairs but couldn't nurse him becuse the doctor wanted him to
Stabilize more. My little man was 8 pounds 4 oz 21 inches long and screamed the whole time I held him lol!
Recovery is more painful then I expected but it gets easier as the day progresses I'm walking around a bit today and keeping on top of my pain mess and getting lots of rest. I got to see baby a few times today and was able to hold him and give him some expressed colostrum and formula before he went down for the night. He should be off his antibiotics soon and I will probably get to nurse him tomorrow. Hopefully he will get out of the NICU soon.
All in all it wasn't at all the birth I had expected but nothing wit this pregnancy really went how I expected! I love my little man and his daddy is being amazing and so much help. He really is surprising me with all he has done. I love my little family so much! Will post pics later :) good luck ladies!

Glad that you and your baby are doing okay now :hugs: It must have been so scary to have an emergency c-section! You were really brave and did whatever it took to make sure your little one made it safely. Take care and all the best :flower:

Congrats on the birth of your little man!! Hope he is out soon!!

Congratulations, hope you can bring baby boy home soon :)

Congratulations ! I hope you can take your little boy home with you soon :) xx

Congrats hun sorry to hear things went a look crazy but glad all is well

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back