Obstetric Cholestasis & RhD Factors Rhesus

We just found out i'm also Rh- and now my Dh is going to give blood this weekend to find out what he is. Funny how most of us go through our whole life with no clue about our blood type!

I'm a- and my oh is ab+. Our lb is ab+ and our bean will + too apparently as there no negetive in my oh

Note from moderator - Please read the forum rules

When using BabyandBump, be polite, do not break the law, and do not use The Web Site for self-publicity or advertising.

hi ! got a positive pregnancy test on 7/29 , confirmed positive with doctor on 8/8 . started bleeding with mild-sharp but quick cramps on 8/12 . went to doctor on 8/13 & got blood drawn . HCG was 1395 with progesterone @ 1.1 :( , doc told me I'm miscarrying due to my low progest. levels .. got blood drawn again 8/15 and my HCG dropped to 390 :( .. Am I really miscarrying b/c I haven't had any bleeding or cramping since 8/18 .

I lost my last baby at about 8 weeks because I'm 0- and they never even checked it out. Is that possible? I got the shot after..so I'm good now till when?

I lost my last baby at about 8 weeks because I'm 0- and they never even checked it out. Is that possible? I got the shot after..so I'm good now till when?

I'm so sorry for your loss.:hugs: I doubt you lost the baby because of your RH factor. Most of the time they don't even give RH- women shots until 5+ months unless you have some kind of trauma and are bleeding. If this was your first pregnancy then even more so you didn't need the shot that early on. I'm guessing it was a regular MC. Plus, you never know if your baby was actually negative as well, which wouldn't have made a difference.

You are good for now and should see what your doctors say but most that I know, only give Rhogam shots way later in pregnancy. Big hugs to you. H&H 9 months.

Edit to add: I'm RH- and my doctor won't even see me until 8 weeks. Clearly not much concern.. :)

Well before this last mc I had one back a few years ago and never got a shot after..I was bleeding last time...and this past time I had went in cause of bleeding and that's when we found out and they ordered the shot..so hopefully everything is smooth this time around. Thanx!

Just wanted to chime in here and share my story (thus far). It's my first pregnancy, today is 13 weeks and ~4 days. Last Wednesday night/morning (right around the end of 12 weeks) I went to bed with cramps that I thought were gas pains -- woke around 2AM and was bleeding! It resembled the kind of cramping+bleeding I usually get at the beginning of my period. (Luckily, I only had a bit more and then it stopped; brown discharge/blood the next day.) Of course I went to the ER immediately where they did the ultrasound and found everything OK for now (whew!). At which point they also asked about my blood type - since my husband and I both own emergency wrist bands we wear while running, I could immediately tell them I was A- and he's O+. And that's where the fun began! I was scheduled for the Anti-D shot as soon as the morning shift of nurses and doctors switched over and received it around 9-10AM the same day as the bleed. I was told that normally I wouldn't haven't received the shot until 28 weeks, but because I had an early bleed I needed to get it ASAP.

My questions after reading this thread, googling, and the paperwork they've given me on the shot itself - I'm confused: will I still need further Anti-D shots in this current pregnancy? Also, although I realize it's unlikely, is there any evidence that my blood type could be related to the strange and sudden bleeding?

I'm really sorry if I sound a bit dense here, but I am confused. I had a mc in Aug 2012 followed by an ectopic pregnancy this year...I am now 10 weeks pregnant and rh- I did not get any shots following my last two pregnancies though and I have read that now it would be too late and I would just need to be monitored and baby might need blood transfusions in the womb if it gets anemia...am I understanding everything right, is this correct there is nothing that can be done because of my previous losses? I'm very concerned now

The question is in the title ladies do you recommend I get one or will it make me paranoid if I use it wrong xxx

Just wanted to chime in here and share my story (thus far). It's my first pregnancy, today is 13 weeks and ~4 days. Last Wednesday night/morning (right around the end of 12 weeks) I went to bed with cramps that I thought were gas pains -- woke around 2AM and was bleeding! It resembled the kind of cramping+bleeding I usually get at the beginning of my period. (Luckily, I only had a bit more and then it stopped; brown discharge/blood the next day.) Of course I went to the ER immediately where they did the ultrasound and found everything OK for now (whew!). At which point they also asked about my blood type - since my husband and I both own emergency wrist bands we wear while running, I could immediately tell them I was A- and he's O+. And that's where the fun began! I was scheduled for the Anti-D shot as soon as the morning shift of nurses and doctors switched over and received it around 9-10AM the same day as the bleed. I was told that normally I wouldn't haven't received the shot until 28 weeks, but because I had an early bleed I needed to get it ASAP.

My questions after reading this thread, googling, and the paperwork they've given me on the shot itself - I'm confused: will I still need further Anti-D shots in this current pregnancy? Also, although I realize it's unlikely, is there any evidence that my blood type could be related to the strange and sudden bleeding?

Congrats! You entered a 2nd trimester!
I am RH- too and we don't know my hubby's blood type. On Friday we'll see our gynecologist and we'll ask.
My mom and my dad were both RH- but different groups, however the first born had trouble, she was yellow other two children were OK.
Your blood type shouldn't cause bleeding. Your bleeding may mixed your and the baby's blood and if his blood is positive, he may be in trouble. You did a very good job going to ER.

I am 13 weeks too!
You may watch my 12 weeks pregnancy video, other videos at youtube dovkav
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O5G94ZcowDE

Hey ladies...
I'm 7w1d & I have O-. My husband is A+. I bleed the first 9 days of my pregnancy. I've noticed that the palms of hands & bottoms of my feet itch like crazy. Sometimes my arms & legs itch too. It's worse at night. Is this something I should contact my doctor about our wait until my appointment on September 5th?

-P

I would contact my dr. any bleeding in pregnancy does need to be evaluated. Hope ang pray you won't have this the rest of your pregnancy.:hugs:

Hello ladies :)
Just wondered if there's any mummies to be in here who have suffered from obstetric choleostasis in previous pregnancies? Xxx

Hi, I had OC with my dd2 in 2011. Told my Dr I was super itchy and she ran tests. Sure enough this was what I had. I delivered a week early mostly naturally, she did do a sweep early, and baby was healthy. Now pregnant again, wondering if it'll come up again. But all was well! Thanks for posting about it.

I am also rh- and was given the anti d shot after my last ectopic. I guess my question is; what are the odds of my baby having - blood? We do not know dh blood type. Also, since I've already had this shot and have had no bleeding yet, will I need it again before baby is born? I read the intro as well as the pamphlet my Dr gave me about being rh- but I'm still confused. I know it should be black and white but my brain is just not comprehending it I guess.

I had OC with my son's pregnancy, only developed it in my 40th week and by the time I got my blood results back I had had him :haha:

I am really hoping not to have it again, though, as I will be due in the hot weather again and it was so awful last time.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->