May & June 2022 Munchkins

I finally washed all the newborn clothes and baby muslins, blankets, swaddles etc. The are soooo tiny, I feel like it's impossible!
Still 15d until my duedate, but I think I will ask for induction 3 or 4 days early so that I don't need to worry about placental dysfunction due to GD and old age.
Of course my whole household has been hit by a terrible cold, so instead of being able to put some effort into building up my portfolio for my new art business in these last 2 weeks before baby, I am sick in bed with toddlers ](*,)
Also battling SPD and Sciatica, so just generally not happy atm...

I finally washed all the newborn clothes and baby muslins, blankets, swaddles etc. The are soooo tiny, I feel like it's impossible!
Still 15d until my duedate, but I think I will ask for induction 3 or 4 days early so that I don't need to worry about placental dysfunction due to GD and old age.
Of course my whole household has been hit by a terrible cold, so instead of being able to put some effort into building up my portfolio for my new art business in these last 2 weeks before baby, I am sick in bed with toddlers ](*,)
Also battling SPD and Sciatica, so just generally not happy atm...
Oh no sorry everyone is sick and your struggling with SPD and sciatica it’s sooo painful !! I hope everyone is better soon !

Yayy for getting all the baby clothes washed that’s always such a lovely feeling !

Won’t be long before baby is here now !

He’s so precious Sammy!

Bloblo - I love getting out the newborn clothes just before they’re born - makes it so real. Sorry you are sick!! Hopefully that means you’ll be good to go once baby is coming. A bit of heightened immunity :)

So I was/am super frustrated - I had relatives come visit the baby from out of town, they got here and said oh we have a bit of a cold - stayed at our house for 2 days and then called and said they tested positive for Covid. So now we’ve all been exposed - DH and I aren’t vaccinated and the kids are all too little anyways. We’ve gone 2.5 years without catching it but I’m sure we’ll all get it now. It was like super close contact - we were sharing meals etc, like everyone is scooping food with the same serving spoon.

Ugh. I’m just bugged cause being sick with 4 kids is always a disaster, forget having Covid. We also just got over a cough that lingered for almost 3 weeks (everyone tested negative for that one).

Anyways, it’s been 3 days since she was here and so far everyone’s ok/testing negative. I’ve heard omicron usually infects much faster than other variants so I’m hopeful that we might avoid it, but time will tell I guess. I figure the only way we won’t get it is if we had it at some point in the past and didn’t know. We always test when we get sick but we’ve never gotten a positive. I’m not sure how accurate the rapid tests are though so :shrug:

He’s so precious Sammy!

Bloblo - I love getting out the newborn clothes just before they’re born - makes it so real. Sorry you are sick!! Hopefully that means you’ll be good to go once baby is coming. A bit of heightened immunity :)

So I was/am super frustrated - I had relatives come visit the baby from out of town, they got here and said oh we have a bit of a cold - stayed at our house for 2 days and then called and said they tested positive for Covid. So now we’ve all been exposed - DH and I aren’t vaccinated and the kids are all too little anyways. We’ve gone 2.5 years without catching it but I’m sure we’ll all get it now. It was like super close contact - we were sharing meals etc, like everyone is scooping food with the same serving spoon.

Ugh. I’m just bugged cause being sick with 4 kids is always a disaster, forget having Covid. We also just got over a cough that lingered for almost 3 weeks (everyone tested negative for that one).

Anyways, it’s been 3 days since she was here and so far everyone’s ok/testing negative. I’ve heard omicron usually infects much faster than other variants so I’m hopeful that we might avoid it, but time will tell I guess. I figure the only way we won’t get it is if we had it at some point in the past and didn’t know. We always test when we get sick but we’ve never gotten a positive. I’m not sure how accurate the rapid tests are though so :shrug:

That's really not on! Had they tested before they came just in case, or not bothered? Hope you're all ok

That's really not on! Had they tested before they came just in case, or not bothered? Hope you're all ok

She said that she would have tested but she didn’t think sneezing was a symptom :dohh:

Next week I start Antivirals that I will will take everyday to hopefully stop any herpes outbreaks so I can hopefully have a natural birth. Someone gave me a carseat the other day so I’m all set now pretty much. Just need to get some snacks to put in my hospital bag. 4 weeks until my due date!

6210115C-7D6F-43E2-9ACF-303FD86682C5.jpeg

He’s so precious Sammy!

Ohhh wow just wow !! I would be absolutely furious ! We as a family agreed to keep testing if we have cold symptoms more so now Joshua is here ! I know everyone is different but with a newborn baby , need some common sense !

I hope everything is ok and no one gets sick !

So I just wanted to finish my labor story! After my Dr came back in and checked me again I was about 5 cm and he decided to break my water. Once he broke my water, wow those contractions were no joke!!! I was in tears and felt super sick. I finally decided on getting the epidural, I had to! Getting the epidural was not as bad as I thought it would be, I hardly felt the needle. It took about 10-15 minutes for it to fully kick in and then I couldn’t feel any more pain just tingly legs, I could still move them. They started the pitocin back up and I laid there for about 2 hrs just feeling super nauseous. Well eventually I got to nauseated to the point my whole body started shaking so I called the nurse in and she decided she was going to check me. She checks me and goes guess what.. we’re about to have a baby! His head is right here. I honestly could not believe it! So they got everything ready and I started pushing with the nurse, my Dr wasn’t in the room yet. Trying to understand when to push was a little hard for me. My Dr finally got in the room and I finished off pushing the baby out with him. It took me about 20 minutes and then I finally was able to give it my all and Noah arrived! :) I had a first degree tear and only lost 300ml of blood. Here’s another picture of my precious boy!

93CF2C16-9123-4CAC-A14B-78AAF0270FE3.jpeg

It’s so lovely and exciting getting all the new born stuff washed and ready. But also so sad when they get bigger and you have to put all the newborn stuff away again.

So I just wanted to finish my labor story! After my Dr came back in and checked me again I was about 5 cm and he decided to break my water. Once he broke my water, wow those contractions were no joke!!! I was in tears and felt super sick. I finally decided on getting the epidural, I had to! Getting the epidural was not as bad as I thought it would be, I hardly felt the needle. It took about 10-15 minutes for it to fully kick in and then I couldn’t feel any more pain just tingly legs, I could still move them. They started the pitocin back up and I laid there for about 2 hrs just feeling super nauseous. Well eventually I got to nauseated to the point my whole body started shaking so I called the nurse in and she decided she was going to check me. She checks me and goes guess what.. we’re about to have a baby! His head is right here. I honestly could not believe it! So they got everything ready and I started pushing with the nurse, my Dr wasn’t in the room yet. Trying to understand when to push was a little hard for me. My Dr finally got in the room and I finished off pushing the baby out with him. It took me about 20 minutes and then I finally was able to give it my all and Noah arrived! :) I had a first degree tear and only lost 300ml of blood. Here’s another picture of my precious boy!

View attachment 1108885
Glad your birth went well apart from the nausea! Hope your healing well ?!
He’s such a cutie !

It’s so lovely and exciting getting all the new born stuff washed and ready. But also so sad when they get bigger and you have to put all the newborn stuff away again.
Oh it’s such a bittersweet moment ! I won’t part with any of my children's newborn clothes ! They always get packed away in airtight storage boxes !

Love the car seat Yoshi!

BabyBump - yeah I was not impressed. Mostly because they chose not to test before coming here even though they knew they were feeling sick.

Sammy that sounds like such a great birth! So happy for you :)

I got this today #-oThe two lines you don’t want to see, lol. Luckily aside from yesterday when I had a fever, it’s been very mild. I actually woke up this morning feeling pretty much normal. Just a slight cough. Hopefully it stays mild! The kids and hubby seem fine.

790DBBC8-D6BB-4FB8-B512-253B7AB5A91F.jpeg

Love the car seat Yoshi!

BabyBump - yeah I was not impressed. Mostly because they chose not to test before coming here even though they knew they were feeling sick.

Sammy that sounds like such a great birth! So happy for you :)

I got this today #-oThe two lines you don’t want to see, lol. Luckily aside from yesterday when I had a fever, it’s been very mild. I actually woke up this morning feeling pretty much normal. Just a slight cough. Hopefully it stays mild! The kids and hubby seem fine.

View attachment 1108896
Oh no! Hopefully it will be mild and you get better quickly!

Oh Sander I'd be furious!! Hope everyone stays OK!

Sammy he's just beautiful. Lovely birth story.

Yoshi fingers crossed the meds mean you cam have a natural delivery!

Anyone else’s newborn bring back their feeds ?

Joshua brings back a lot of his milk every single feed no matter what we do , keeping him upright for 20/30 minutes etc and it literally comes back! We are changing him numerous times a day because of this.

I’m thinking it’s reflux . He doesn’t seem to like laying flat either and try’s to turn onto his side , which has my nerves gone !

Anyone else’s newborn bring back their feeds ?

Joshua brings back a lot of his milk every single feed no matter what we do , keeping him upright for 20/30 minutes etc and it literally comes back! We are changing him numerous times a day because of this.

I’m thinking it’s reflux . He doesn’t seem to like laying flat either and try’s to turn onto his side , which has my nerves gone !

My oldest was our worst spitter upper. It seemed like entire feeds were coming up every time. I think he did have an underlying reflux issue because he was also colicky. Keep him naked since it’s summer anyways and that helps with laundry!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->