I'm craving sand, were can i buy some that is safe to eat??

Status
Not open for further replies.

minyme

Reaction score
Yes it's true, I sudddenly woke up early hours this morning really craving sand. My OH didn't take me seriously!! I have lately been watching desert nature programs thinking the sand looks yummy. When i was pregnant with my daughter i ate plant soil and thought that was yummy.

I was thinking of going to ikea, homebase or even asda to get some today, i can't get it out of my mind!!!

maybe try the ELC? because it is for kiddies it would have to be safe? x

no sand can be safe surely?? i dont know tbh, thats a very odd craving

Tee hee! I lady I work with craved leather and ate her husband's entire briefcase. I thought that was the strangest thing I heard about until this...

xx

Tee hee! I lady I work with craved leather and ate her husband's entire briefcase. I thought that was the strangest thing I heard about until this...

xx

OMG!!! I think thats worse then my sand craving!!!

:rofl: SAND?!

Maybe you could have something thats *like* sand?! Like ummmm ooo! That space dust candy?! Or popping candy? Oh my days I was addicted to popping candy in my pregnancy the way it felt in your mouth was like... orgasmic :rofl:

x

i cant imagine eating sand hehe. im sure argos do bags of sand for kids i dont know if its safe to eat though.

yeh thats what i was gonna suggest,rainbow dust or something,it has the same texture as sand.

I think I read that if you crave something unusual you should advise your midwife or doctor, because usually there's something important that you're not getting enough of. Gotta be better than eating sand?!

:rofl: SAND?!

Maybe you could have something thats *like* sand?! Like ummmm ooo! That space dust candy?! Or popping candy? Oh my days I was addicted to popping candy in my pregnancy the way it felt in your mouth was like... orgasmic :rofl:

x

I try it as well. My OH is out with the car at the moment i just waiting for him to get back then i will purchase my items and indulge:p

well sand is made of glass so i wouldnt advise eating it....

You shouldn't eat any sand at all, it is incredibly bad for you.

Craving non food things means you are lacking something in your diet. I craved sand as well, as I had low iron levels in my blood.

Dont try to find a 'safe sand' to eat!!

Cravings for non foods (pica) need to be reported to your MW or doctor rather than working out how you can get your hit! As RAFwife said, you may be lacking a mineral or praticular nutrient. Dont be off to the ELC please!

Maybe get a jar and sniff it?

I feel stupid because i didn't know it was made from glass. I going to try popping candy-sniffing a jar of sand would be to tempting. I'm seeing midwife on Wednesday and would mention it to her.

Bless you glass is made of sand not the other way round but still cannot be good for you. But saying that all week I have craved Play Doh and I cannot get it out of my head

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ashhmichelle
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->