i dont want to use contraception... what will doc say?

michellle1980

Reaction score
has anyone refused contraception at 6 week check? the mw and hv went on about options when i said i didnt want contraception from doc. i dont want anything hormone based due to side effects.... ive tried several. i dont have much interest at mo and have attempted nothing yet but if we do i just want to use condoms.... i'm bf too!

well they can't force you to take it. My midwife/health visitor explained my options after the birth but it was more just facts rather than telling me I had to take it. I used condoms also after because I didn't want any hormone/invasive types.

hey they all try push you to have something but it is your choice and cant see them saying much if you say that condoms are the best thing for you and nothing else agrees x

i expect he will ask lots of questions but im not stupid so think i will just say ive made my decision

Condoms are a reliable contraception if used properly, so I don't see what the problem would be. Maybe they just wanted to give you all the info so you could make an informed decision and went a bit far? At my 6 week check my gp mentioned contraception I said I didn't want to make a decision yet as I was bfing and was on the combined pill and didn't know whether I was going to continue bfing. I'm still not on a hormonal contraception and no one has said anything.

Yes just say you'll use condoms. That's what i said when they asked just before i left hospital having given birth! I hadn't decided then yet but wanted shot of the place so told them that so they could cross that off their checklist!

It doesn't really matter what your doctor says it's your body, all they can do is advise you.

I haven't had a 6 week check yet... LO is 9 weeks old tomorrow. :growlmad:

Anyway... appointment for 6 week check booked NEXT week when LO will be 10 weeks old... Sigh.

I will probably discuss contraception with them then, but I will likely say no to it and we'll use condoms only. We managed 6 months on condoms only before NTNP for a month and conceiving so I have faith in them and them alone.

We only use condoms and we're both happy with that (my OH and I), so just tell doctor you've made your decision, etc.

best wishes

My Dr didn't particularly try to push anything, he said EBF until 6months is a reliable form of contraception aslong as there's no longer than 5hrs between feeds and still feeding at night. I wasn't convinced! I said I had the mini-pill before and didn't get on with it, but didn't want anything else. So he suggested he write me the prescription and I could decide later if I wanted to take it or not. If your Dr really pushes/tries to lecture you just say you want the mini pill but just don't go collect from the chemist?

I just told them I didn't want it. She went over some options with me and I said we'll just use condoms. We don't really use them, but hey, it got her off my back about it. (I think the only ones we have in the house expired last year :haha: ) They can't force you to take anything, it's your body!

I refused it. They did try to push me to have something but I just said u am ebf (which is true) and that we wouldn't mind if I got pregnant again anyway. I could tell she was judging me but she accepted it xx

I actually had to ask for contraception at my 6 week check - the dr didnt even mention it - all she asked as if i was geting enough sleep - ummm no I have a 6 week old baby you silly women. Anyway she went through a few contraception choices, but was really trying to push for a coil or implant which I refused as did not want nothing invasive, as having explained to her it took a long time to conceive lo and I didnt want to use a contraception that would hinder any future attempts at ttc (I dont have regular periods). She gave me a prescription for the mini pill and a leaflet on it. On getting home I read the leaflet and it stated that you may not have periods at all - not really the type of thing I want to take with my already lack of periods! So I feel bad for wasting nhs money but I binned them and am using good old condoms. As others have said your body, you can take a stand :)

they wont push you or MAKE you do anything, but just a friendly suggestion is paragard copper iud has no hormones and is effective for 10 years and if you decide you want to get pregnant you just have them take it out :) that is the contraception i use and i use condoms, but some women dont :)

I won't be using any either...Never been a fan, and never got pregnant until we tried. I don't look forward to them bugging me, but hey, my body!

Mine just said - are you ok with getting pregnant again right away? I said yep, and he dropped it.

They can only advise babe. Tell them you want to use condoms x

I sneak over occasionally from 3rd tri

how funny, its like begin back at school "so this is how babies are made and this is what contraception is available......" in case you didnt already know.

I worry about this so was really interested to see your replies, we struggled so much to get pregnant, there is absolutely no way i'll be taking the pill again.

I didn't accept any thing either at my check. We didn't use anything. Now I'm 5 weeks pregnant. I wouldn't do anything differently. They can't make you take anything, your body

Mine just said - are you ok with getting pregnant again right away? I said yep, and he dropped it.

I said similar - that if it happened we'd be happy enough - she left it at that. Not that it matters since my periods still ain't back 2 months later and I'm defintely NOT pregnant!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ashhmichelle
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->