BabyandBump Lingo & Abbreviations

What is POASA? I know how to use it, but I cannot figure out that last "A" haha I know POAS is pee on a stick, but my brain's not working right now (fighting a cold). Thank you, in advanced

POASA is Pee on a Stick Addict

hahah thank you! I knew it was something along those lines, but for the life of me, I couldn't get the right word!! Thank you :)

Thanks for those list of baby lingo. They are helpful especially here in this forum. :)

I am so happy to have this list...I'm new to all the lingo so its invaluable. Thank you!

Not sure if it's been posted, but I see "AFM = As For Me" A lot.

There seriously needs to be a sticky of US to UK translations, to go with this one.

Difference between babygrow, vests, onesies? Sleepers vs. sleepsuits? Every time I look at a thread about baby clothes I get so confused! You UK ladies are wonderful, but you refer to baby clothes much differently then we do.

There seriously needs to be a sticky of US to UK translations, to go with this one.

Difference between babygrow, vests, onesies? Sleepers vs. sleepsuits? Every time I look at a thread about baby clothes I get so confused! You UK ladies are wonderful, but you refer to baby clothes much differently then we do.
I'm a UK lady and I get confused by the different names too!!!!

Ahh thanks, lightbulb,,now makes sense, been wondering for days ha

What's "BLW?" Everyone's using it in the Weaning section but I can't figure it out. Thanks.

What's "BLW?" Everyone's using it in the Weaning section but I can't figure it out. Thanks.

I copied this definition from the wiki for you

Baby-led weaning (often also referred to as BLW) is a method of adding complementary foods to a baby's diet of breastmilk or formula. A method of food progression, BLW facilitates the development of age appropriate oral motor control while maintain eating as a positive, interactive experience. Baby-led weaning allows babies to control their solid food consumption by "self-feeding" from the very beginning of their experiences with food.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->