Baby Worst Buys

i never bothered with changing unit or changing mat. i just changed them on my knee

my worst buy was a bottle warmer, it so slow. Found it much quicker to boil kettle and put water in jug and heat it that way

Bumbo - Thomas had poor head control and by the time he had better head control he was too big for it!
Manual Breast Pump - too much like hard work!

A fabric 'hammock' which is wrapped around a frame from mothercare - meant to make it easier to bath baby....USELESS!!! She is raised out of the water and gets cold!!

an electric bottle warmer to sit by the bed for the night feeds.... Sophie never woke up for night time feeds so was never needed! and also my mamas and papas travel system, as much as i loved it, it was so heavy and often refered to as "THE TANK". Also the baby bath was used about once. I have definately learnt my lessons for the next one.

baby bath, she had a bath with me from day 1

Tomme Tippee bottle warmer. What a waste of £15! Pouring boiling water into a jug then standing the bottle in it is tonnes better!

Fragranced nappy sacks, the smell makes Ruby cry.

The bumbo, Phoebe has never taken to it, she scream when you put her in and tries to get out of it.

asda bottle warmer-it was far too hot and had to cool it after

my graco travel system is too heavy, but otherwise good.:(

that flippin mamas and papas swing. alex hates it and i hear other babies do too!

My worst buy was a bath seat for my daughter, its very cute looking but it has no harness to hold a wriggly baby like mine!!! i had the Summer pink baby seat, about £15 i think it was.

due to housing circumstances we only had a shower so we used to go into the shower holding our baby and bath her that way as the sink was too small to do it that way either. When we moved to our new house we have a bath so i was going to start using it but found she was so wriggly i couldnt play with her like i want to as i have to constantly hold her so now i just lie her in the bath on a bath mat with about 1 inch of water. she loves it

Babasling - could never get him comfy

Bottle & food warmer - never took a bottle and we're going to blw

Breast pump & bottles - never took a bottle although I did use the breast pump to drain off excess when engorged

Dummies - never took them

M&P Pliko Pramette System - too heavy, doesn't fully collapse, car seat is waaayyy too heavy, just glad it was bought for us and I didn't waste my money!

The Babasling- just crumpled Emma!

Manual pump- life is too short! Got an electric one pretty quickly!

Probably my worst buy would be the Playgro nasal aspirator from kiddicare. I thought it was a bargain at £1.99 but it does absolutely nothing to remove the snot from Toby's nose so it's completely useless and i've thrown it away and replaced it with a (slightly more expensive) nose-clear nasal aspirator (which you actually suck to get suction rather than squeeze) and that is soooo much better.

Another pointless purchase was orthodontic dummies, as Toby will only have the cherry teat ones, so i ended up giving the tommy tippee ones we bought to my sister in case her LO will have them.

Swaddling suits - Myles hated to be swaddled cos he likes to sleep with his arms in the air - plus they were way to small for him if I had wanted to use them!!

Ring Sling - No good for ladies with large boobs as the baby doesn't fit close to your body!

Bumbo baby seat - didn't look safe or comfortable in it at 3 months and at 4 months he can wriggle out!

baby sling - I tried him in it for a day and brought it back and got clothes for him instead. lol

Where do I start……..

Gliding nursery chair with foot stool – didn’t use it once.
Bumbo – Ben looked so uncomfortable
Cot top changer – just used changing mat on the floor or bed
Baby sling – It was uncomfortable and Ben wasn’t happy
Cot mobile – used more for decoration. Ben prefers his projector
Manual breast pump - talk about hard work

Changing table, nappy bin and bottle warmer. I was always against buying a changing table and bottle warmer but someone talked me into it. The changing table came i handy for storing stuff, but shelves would have worked just as well and we used the bath all of two times!! It's such a nightmare filling and emptying it, the sink is much easier :)

Other items I've bought and while they've been great for a few weeks, we've hardly had any use out of them at all as Chaise has developed sooo fast. By this I mean things like highchair and babywalker, (don't buy clothes in advance, Chaise was oly in 3-6 month clothes for 2 weeks and I'd bought loads.)

I'm suprised at how many people don't get on with baby monitors. I only live in a 2 bed flat, yet use ours every night and its a god send, either we're heavy sleepers or the walls are thick! lol

Hi guys! my first post over here :baby: so:

Baby worst buy? I'll say nappy bin - for sure! Never again! We bought it from Angel care and the cadridges are so expensive! No point! It's much easier and cheaper put the dirty nappy to plastic bag and just throw it away when the bag is full...

We got this from the outlet store in stoke and thought we'd done brilliantly, but actually we're really not impressed. maybe all prams are like this, but we thought it'd be much more manoueverable (spelling?) than it is, and it seems to really easily get into "shopping trolley" mode of having its wheels all pointing in the wrong direction. we seem to spend most of the time with the wheels locked in place and having to lift the front to turn it round. it was particularly bad when we stayed in a hotel a few weeks ago - couldn't get it in and out of the lift properly

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->