Babies with teeth

optimistic1

Mommy, Daddy, and Nadia!!
Reaction score
How are you caring for their teeth? My daughter recently got her 2 bottom ones and I know your supposed to wipe them down or brush them. Do you use toothpaste? Her pediatrician prescribed her fluoride supplements because our city water doesn't have any fluoride which she said are optional. What do you ladies do? When did you get them their first dentist appointment?

my LO got his two bottom teeth at 6 months and I have been brushing them daily with a baby toothbrush and toothpaste.

I plan on taking him to the dentist when he's a year old I don't really see any point going earlier than this personally but I know friends that have taken their babies at 8 months.

My lo has her 4 top ones and I brush then twice a day with a baby toothbrush and tooth paste. She's not keen on having it done so I do it when I do mine in the morning (she watches me do mine first) and when she's in the bath in the evening. I can't do then particularly thoroughly because she doesn't like it but I think the point at this age is more to get them use to it. I've seen toothbrushes that they can chew on so I think I'm going to get her one of those as well. They are a bit like a teether so she can just chew it when she wants.

I started brushing theirs soon after the first teeth popped through with a baby toothbrush / toothpaste before bed. No idea about the dentist actually. My nearly 2 year old still hasn't been and it's never been brought up. It would be an interesting appt. as I have no idea how they'd keep her mouth open. :wacko:

I used to be a dental nurse we would see really little babies usually just on mums lap at her appt. It's a good idea to get babies used to it even if they don't open their mouth. I used to turn it into a game and see how many teeth I could count and if there were any crocodiles in there with the older babies! Fluoride drops are a good idea as is a baby toothpaste as the flourish content is different than in adults x

If you haven't already, please do research on the fluoride supplements for babies before you start them.

We have just got the one tooth very recently. I use a soft Childs toothbrush with adult toothpaste. My dentist said to infact use an adult brush and adult paste from the off, but id rather ease in a little with the brush. I expected him to find it distressing but he smiles and laughs, I lay him down on the floor on his back to do it atm.Ive been told to bring him along to my appointments and let him sit in the chair and get used to it, due an appointment when LO is about nine / ten months

I always wiped guns from the start with a cloth and brushed with a toothbrush when the teeth came through.

Be careful with anything fluoride . Personally after research I don't think it's needed as long as you take your child to the dentist regularly . I actually have fluoride "stains" on my perminant teeth from the fluoride in my cities drinking water

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->