Aniball birth trainer - experiences?

Starbuck88

Reaction score
Hi all,

Has anyone tried the Aniball birth trainer before? It's a balloon you insert into your vagina before inflating and then pushing out. I think it is supposed to do the same thing as perineal massage, just gently stretching the pelvic floor muscles and preparing the vagina to expand during childbirth. My mum is a midwife who runs hypnobirthing classes and she said one of her ladies had said she used the Aniball device and had a really good delivery so now I am curious.

I am considering using this in my 3rd trimester (you can use it from 36 weeks, so I'm still 20 weeks away if I get that far). I have had previous transvaginal surgery for pelvic organ prolapse so I have some anxiety about vaginal scarring and whether I'll physically be able to stretch to accommodate baby. I am thinking that using the Aniball might give me some confidence in my body's ability to give birth naturally. But I'm just curious if anyone else has used it with any success - or even if anyone tried it and had a bad experience?

Thanks!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->