After sickness bugs

louandivy

Reaction score
How long do you tend to keep your LO in? Ivy started being sick Saturday night, was a bit sick sunday day, threw up once yesterday and seems better today although her appetite isn't quite back to normal. I feel so crap that this is our third day spent inside watching films constantly though, the sun is shining outside but I don't want to spread her illness and last time she had a bug she kept being randomly sick for days!

Do you guys keep your LOs in for a day or two after their symptoms stop?

I think the general rule is 48 hours once the symptoms stop?
To be honest though it depends where I'm going if I stick to it- I wouldn't go to a soft play or baby group but I might go for a walk or something
Hope ivy feels better soon! Those sick bugs are horrible aren't they

If she's feeling a little brighter today I would take her to the park or a walk at least just for fresh air. As Lau86 said the rule is 48 hours after symptoms subside is considered okay. Nothing worse than being cooped up when the sun is shining outside.

According to my nurse mum they are actually only contagious for 24 hours but they say 48 just to be safe! Think I will take her for a scoot or something later but avoid a playground, would hate for another kid and mum to suffer and end up cooped inside during probably one of the only nice weeks of the year :haha:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ashhmichelle
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->