2nd tri and beyond Due Jul/Aug/Sep 2018

Hellojello I'm going through the same situation right now. This baby was measuring 39 weeks at my 35 week appointment so they scheduled me for a growth scan, which I had today. He is now an estimated 8lbs 10oz so if he doesn't come within the next 2 weeks, we will be talking possible induction or c-section, as I had a difficult time birthing my 9 pounder so they don't want me to go much over that. It's getting so close now and realistic!

Hellojello I'm going through the same situation right now. This baby was measuring 39 weeks at my 35 week appointment so they scheduled me for a growth scan, which I had today. He is now an estimated 8lbs 10oz so if he doesn't come within the next 2 weeks, we will be talking possible induction or c-section, as I had a difficult time birthing my 9 pounder so they don't want me to go much over that. It's getting so close now and realistic!

Yikes! It's awesome that you're so close though, I'm a little jealous lol. I'm still waiting for the call from my doctor for the ultrasound date. Idk how cautious they are going to be about the C-section though. I think they are worried because with my oldest, they thought he was going to be 8.5 pounds at the most, and he was 10. Plus the fact that this one was measuring 36 weeks and breech, so there isn't too much room for him to flip. I know if he's still breech, they'll schedule the C-section, but idk what they'll do if he's flipped. I guess we'll just have to wait and see. My mother is convinced I'll be having a C-section though lol.

I can't believe I can officially say I'm having a baby next month! It's gone by so fast!

Ladies I'm so excited the babies are coming! Alligator just s few more days and Caviar you won't be much longer!! I feel like my summer is going to fly by.

I'm still feeling pretty good (yay!). Sleep has gotten a bit harder but I guess that's good practice for what is to come!

DH is convinced he's going to be born 2 weeks early... part of me wants that to happen and the other wants to keep nourishing and growing him inside as long as I can.

Since being pregnant isn't realistic enough for me, 2 of my friends have had their babies this past week! 3 more are all due around the same time and then it'll be my turn! Seeing their pictures online, is making me super anxious and really nervous at the same time. I'm a bottomless pit of emotion right now. I go in for an U/S next Monday to see how this guy is measuring. We still don't have a name picked out, starting to assume we might not until the day of!

Invites for the baby shower have gone out and now MIL is starting her, what I like to call "phase one - treading lightly." Gonna try to let it go and not worry about it so much.

DH and I talked the other day and I said, in a calm voice, everything that I've been feeling. How I feel vulnerable and emotional one day and carefree and happy the next. So everything he does, whether intentional or not, really affects me and he needs to understand that. So far, so good...

I can't wait for us all to have our beautiful babies! Not to jinx it, but if July could segue into August quickly, I'd appreciate it!

Only 3 more sleeps over here and I’m getting anxious! It’s funny I always thought she would come early but I didn’t plan for it like this hahah

Has anyone gone to a concert during their pregnancy? We're going to one tonight, it's both seated and standing, paid extra for the seated so I'm not standing all night and people don't bump into me. But I guess I didn't take into consideration if baby would be ok?? Now it's gotten me anxious of whether I should go? Any thoughts or opinions?

Go and enjoy homegrown! Baby is super snug and safe in there.

Thanks Alligator! I was too excited when I purchased them a few months ago that I didn't think is it ok? But gonna have some fun!

I'm going to a music fest this coming weekend. Granted usually not as loud since I can stand back further. I've been to several since pregnant though it's been a few months. I think they are surrounded by enough fluid etc that they are good!

Hope you enjoyed your show!

Getting to the point of needing a maternity belt, baby is just putting so much pressure and strain on everything that it's beginning to be a little too much. With almost 9 more weeks, I'm gonna need something! Have any of you ladies used a maternity belt? Any recommendations? Looking on Amazon and I don't want to spend too much since my time is slloooowwwllyy arriving. Thanks in advance!

Homegrown I hope you enjoyed the concert! I've used a maternity belt up until 36 weeks, then I stopped wearing it in hopes that the baby would push down and start to dilate me lol. I just used a plain off brand that I bought at Walmart. I highly recommend one not only with a belt across the middle but across the top too. I bought one from Toys R Us in previous pregnancies that was only a belt across the middle and it kept rolling up every time I sat down.

I had my last appointment with my midwife today. After this I will be seeing a doctor in case I need induction/c-section due to baby's size. My midwife told me that she doesn't see me hanging on much longer since I'm already 75% effaced but I think that's because she really wants to deliver me lol. However, I'm only 1 cm dilated so I don't think a natural labor is on the cards. I think baby is just too large to be born naturally. Of course my kids do tend to surprise me so we'll see. My first appointment with the doctor is on Monday to discuss induction.

Thanks lilmisscaviar I did, we had a great time! Baby was dancing around even after I laid down to go to bed, his first concert was a success! Thanks for the recommendation on the belt, I hadn't thought to look at Wal-Mart, been scoping out Amazon. Need one asap, as my guy decided to roll over onto a nerve, sciatic or not it's been painful to sit, stand, walk, etc. Last place I want to be right now is work!

I have an appointment on Monday for an U/S, to I can only assume, measure him and get an estimated weight! I'll have to let you all know what transpires. Have a lovely weekend!

So had an interesting weekend and day, Saturday night I was spotting, obviously freaked me out. Called my doctor who was reassuring and said that if it's accompanied with contractions, which it wasn't and if it didn't prolong, which again it didn't; then I shouldn't worry. It subsided after those first few wipes and haven't had anything since then. But last night and already twice this morning I've had severe vaginal pain that has come and gone. Baby has been moving the entire time and thankfully I already have an appointment this afternoon. Just curious if anyone has had similar symptoms?

So had an interesting weekend and day, Saturday night I was spotting, obviously freaked me out. Called my doctor who was reassuring and said that if it's accompanied with contractions, which it wasn't and if it didn't prolong, which again it didn't; then I shouldn't worry. It subsided after those first few wipes and haven't had anything since then. But last night and already twice this morning I've had severe vaginal pain that has come and gone. Baby has been moving the entire time and thankfully I already have an appointment this afternoon. Just curious if anyone has had similar symptoms?

No, I haven't had anything like this, sorry! Definitely bring it up at your appointment though. Have you had sex or anything like that recently? Might just be an irritated cervix? Let us know how it goes!

My ultrasound is officially scheduled for 7/23 at 1. My fiancé should be able to go as he will be back from his work trip by then. We have maternity photos scheduled for this Saturday as well. I'm really excited about that! I'm scheduling a mani/pedi for Friday night and am definitely looking forward to the pampering. I need it lol.

My friend who I found out was pregnant was really sick last week and over the weekend. Her doctor isn't sure if its a stomach bug, morning sickness, or an adverse reaction to the antibiotics she was on for a UTI. Hopefully she feels better soon though!

Sorry for the late update ladies! Baby Genevieve arrived at 4:17pm on July 5, 6lb8oz. She’s perfect. My csection recovery was challenging and breastfeeding is hard but we are home and adjusting as best we can!

Hang in there mamas. It’s all worth it to see that sweet face.

Sorry for the late update ladies! Baby Genevieve arrived at 4:17pm on July 5, 6lb8oz. She’s perfect. My csection recovery was challenging and breastfeeding is hard but we are home and adjusting as best we can!

Congratulations Alligator!!! That's so exciting! :happydance::happydance:

Congrats!!!! Love the name!

So my doctor's appointment went well, had an U/S and the baby was being stubborn, he refused to turn around to show us his chunky cheeks. Got half faced shots and such, but nothing full on; guess he's going to make us wait another 9 weeks! He's also estimated at 4lbs 12oz! Doctor said he wasn't worried with the bleeding that occurred on Saturday night, considering it was a 1 time ordeal and the vaginal pain he said was because of baby. But to always make sure that I go to the ER if anything seems wrong or have contractions that don't stop. Still seems so far away, but I know he'll be here before I know it!

Homegrown: It's so frustrating when they won't show their face lol. This one's face was smushed up against the placenta when we went for my last ultrasound, so you couldn't really see him. I'm glad everything is alright and the doctor isn't worried about the bleeding! How have you been feeling otherwise?

Updates: One week until my next ultrasound! Unfortunately my fiancé won't be able to make it to that one since he has to work, but my mom and DS1 will be joining me. Then we'll see on Tuesday what our options are.

The baby has definitely dropped though (not sure if head first or butt first though). My bump is much lower, my pelvis is aching, and I have a little more room up top. Also have been getting loads of Braxton Hicks. I never noticed them in my first pregnancy.

It's weird because I thought subsequent babies don't drop until labor is imminent, but he's been this way for almost a week now. Definitely not going to labor any time soon, I don't think! At least, I'd better not lol! My fiancé is on a work trip in another state this week and then in two weeks, my whole family is going on vacation 4.5 hours away (they're going to watch DS1 while we're at the hospital). My grandmother said she would come back, but I worry that she wouldn't make it in time. Oh well, I guess we'll cross that bridge if/when we come to it!

Alli - congrats on your baby girl! Hope things are settling down a bit. So many adjustments!

Homegrown - glad bleeding wasn't a concern. We had the same trouble at our last US, hands and feet up in his face. I guess seeing their faces is just a bonus though as long as they can tell baby is healthy. But seeing their chunky cheeks is so fun!

Jello - hopefully baby stays put until your family is back so you don't have to worry about DS.

LilMiss - how are you doing? Getting close!

AFM - nothing too exciting. Midwife checked my cervix on Thur and not starting to dilate at all, so was happy with that (not that a cm or 2 matters at this point). We have what should be our last US with MFM this Fri. Midwife did a quick one in office Thur as she couldn't tell for sure that he was head down, he was! He's still pushing up under my ribs and my heartburn is still no fun, but in the home stretch now! 4 1/2 weeks until due date, and as much as I'm sure the discomforts will get to me, I'm hoping to make it as close to due date as we can, without going over...you know, Price is Right rules, lol!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->