25 weeks pregnant - accidentally hit with a basketball

Miss_chicka

Mum to 2 earth side
Reaction score
Hey, I’m just looking for reassurance.
I work at a Primary School and today a basketball accidentally bounced and hit just above my belly button. I was wondering if this or something similar had happened to anyone else. Since coming home I have been feeling kicks but still worried about anterior placenta and the baby.
Thank you :)

Hi! I don't have the same experience but if you're feeling well, feeling kicks and all, I wouldn't worry about it.

There are several thick layers of skin, fat, muscle and uterine wall so you definitely do not need to worry. A ball could never hit you at high enough velocity to do any harm. X

@Fuchsia1412 I dunno, I'm worried about this too watching my son at his football practise. The balls go so fast and hard they really hammer off the side of the wire around the edge of the pitch when they go astray I'm so worried about being hit by one it's really scary!

Hey everyone,
Thank you for your replies. I had my 4 week check up the day after it happened and told
the doctor about it and they wanted me to do a blood test to make sure that the placenta was not comprised with the hit. I find out my results on Friday :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->