2021 journal!

My friend has had to cancel our shopping trip tomorrow as she has to do a PCR. She's been in contact with a positive case and isn't double jabbed herself, so may have to isolate either way.
I'm trying to decide whether to go by myself and just get the bits that I need to be able to start wrapping or to leave it.

Ordered Reuben a stocking and sack.
I kept meaning to buy big gift bags for their Christmas eve stuff but just realised as I was ordering that they all have a large sack so may as well use those then leave the empty sack under the tree for santa

That's good you can use the big sacks for it. :)

Love the scrapbook idea.

Did you go shopping. I prefer shopping by myself tbh, that way I can browse and not be distracted. Always nice meeting up with friends too though

I'm going to go today. I'm the same tbh, that's why I didn't completely change my plans. I can just go where I want and take as much or as little time as I want.
It worked out well anyway as she wanted to go to Primark, and Zac has to pick up new glasses in town after school so John was going to have to meet Zac with the little ones in tow to go to specsavers, but this way I can either get home so he can go alone, or just go straight from one town to the other to meet him without worrying I'm cutting in to anyone else's fun.

Changed my mind about the clothes waiting til January after I sorted their wardrobe out. Eek. Anyway, got Jimi and couple of bits today. Couldn't find much for Zac except Socks for Christmas.
Also got some Colouring books for the elf to bring and a Colouring table cloth which i thought was fun for Christmas eve.

Oh and I bought Reuben the cutest little jogging bottoms with Christmas print on them which I thought would be sweet for when we go to the winter wonderland. Plus they were only £3 so I couldn't say no. I'll get pics soon

That's great you found some things.
The pyjamas sound lovely :)

They're so cute :)

Glad you found some pjs for Nate and one of the potted roses for your mum :)

I have to say they aren't my favourite of all the pairs but it's just so hard to find any that I like, and meet his requirements, and those I do like aren't in his size. At least I have some and if I find some better I can just swap which ones are for Christmas eve

Reuben's stocking and sack arrived, as did the boys underwear and everything else I had ordered except my wax melts. All ready to start again come pay day :haha:

Work are arranging a secret santa so I've added that to my lists.

Looks like you are getting really organised! I haven't made a proper start yet even!

I've never had a job where we do a Christmas meal and secret santa and things like that before. It's quite exciting, though I'm also panicking over who I'll get and what I'll buy hahahaha

I can imagine I would be really lovely to have all that to look forward to, if your colleagues are nice :). I am sure you will find something nice! Have they said what the budget should be?

Not yet, they are just gathering a list of those who want to be involved at the moment.
Yeah everyone is really nice, there's not anyone that I don't like there, so it should be a good night when we have our meal. We have already been given the menu and all asked to choose what we want, I chose traditional Christmas dinner (I think almost everyone has haha) and a chocolate cake.
Me, the manager and one of the other ladies are covering a different store in a couple of weeks for them to go out for their Christmas meal, and then they are sending some staff to cover our store so we can all go out which is nice as it means no one has to be left out in order to keep the shop open.

Sounds like it will be a great night and that's a good idea with the cover for the stores on the nights out.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->