★ October & November 2020 Hedgehogs ★

Hey all! Soo I feel a bit of a fraud if I'm honest with you!! I found out yesterday that I'm pregnant! We weren't trying and only dtd 1x this month. My last period was 4th Jan so roughly about 4 weeks. I used a due date calculator that put me at 10th October. This is baby number 6 for me, and I'm terrified. I have fibromyalgia and last 2 Labour's were a horror show so I feel I need the support if it's still ok to join you girls? Xx

Welcome to the group hun. We are here to support one another hopefully we all have happy and healthy 9 months

Thanks for the encouraging words ladies! I did not get the results from the bloodwork yet :( feels like they forgot about me... last time it was there within 2 hours.

But it all feels good still so far, no spotting or anything since that little drop of blood yesterday.

@Pineberry so pleased the gestational sac is looking bigger. Wish we got early scans over here, I'm trying to persaude OH we should pay for one at 8 weeks, he isn't convinced though xx

Yeah, before reading these forums I had no idea that in the US and UK you had to wait that long for a first ultrasound! I will be honest and say I could NOT wait that long and would most definitely pay for a private scan. Just for peace on mind and ensure baby is developing on track.

When are you all going to announce!? :)

My colleagues already know (we are a small team and they all knew we had been TTC and knew of my previous loss) and if my 7 week ultrasound shows a perfect little bean, I will call and tell my mom and dad that day.

We will announce to my in-laws (bf and I are not married yet but I call them that anyways heheh) when we visit at the end of February, where I should be almost 9 weeks I think, the likelihood of miscarriage is way down by then so I think its safe enough. They will be SO SO happy, as its their first grandchild!!

@Pineberry We are holding off announcing for as long as possible. OH has told his sister because he felt he needed to say it out loud to someone to get it off his chest, ha. And I have told my best friend as I was sending her photos of my tests to check for me! But other than that I am hoping to wait until around the 16 week mark at least but will depend on how much I show.
We have 4 older children and 9 months is such a long time for them to be waiting and possibly getting anxious over the baby's arrival but we also don't want everyone else knowing except them. We will tell them as soon as it becomes obvious and then will announce to everyone else after that. xx

Think sickness is kicking in slowly but surely. Out for breakfast with my dad today and I had to excuse myself and throw up when our breakfast arrived then have just felt nauseous on and off all day xx

@JessdueJan Wow you're waiting until 16 weeks! That's impressive. I could never have the patience for that :lol: and you're already having symptoms! Hahah I never thought I'd say I'm jealous of someone's nausea! 5+3 today and still just tender boobs, sometimes queasy feeling in the stomach, fatigue and dull aches/pressure in the uterus.

LADIES!

I finally got my beta results this morning from 2 days ago (when I was 25 DPO) and they were 5442 mIU/ml at 25 DPO / 5+1 :happydance::happydance:

I used a beta calculator and this means that they doubled every 47.4 hours since my last blood draw last week at 19 DPO!

19 DPO (4w+2) - 653 mIU/ml
25 DPO (5w+1) - 5442 mIU/ml

I feel like that's a reaaaallly nice progression, and according to the betabase this is a very good value for 25 DPO. I feel so much more at ease now.

Bf wants me to do a final blood draw tomorrow (because the doc had asked me to) which I think is a bit excessive because I feel like we already have proof that my HCG is progressing the way it should, but I'll do it just to make him happy.

Also... today I've noticed quite a lot of brown discharge. Did some research and apparently it's very normal to have brown spotting this stage. So I'm not too worried, especially because my HCG looks so good. No cramps either so all should be fine.

@Pineberry thats absolutely amazing news. I’m so happy you you. So so delighted. They sound great too!

I am really wishing for symptoms too, I’m tired but I’m always tired and it could be part of my Crohn’s disease which comes with chronic exhaustion. I just need to know if everything is ok and no point asking for US as I’m only 4+3 and I know we would see anything yet

@Pineberry awesome news!! So pleased for you.

@Fitz2020 my 10 year old son has crohns disease too, I can't imagine going through pregnancy with the added exhaustion that crohns causes anyway. You're an absolute warrior and I take my hat off to you. xx

Thanks lovelies! I was so ecstatic to see that number :)

We’ll go later today for one final beta... But really don’t feel like it’s necessary. Also, since we’ll already be at the hospital later, we’ll be making an appointment for our first ultrasound! Yeyy!!

Light-brown spotting lasted all day yesterday but eased off in the evening and today I haven’t had any.

BTW, last night I managed to go to the gym for the first time in 26 days! My first pregnant work-out! Proud \\:D/ It was a very light workout though.

How are you all doing ladies?

I’m thinking of combining this bumper thread with the November babies, since we’re such a small group! So we’d be October + November bumpers

@Pineberry sounds good to me.
I hope everything goes ok with your last Beta. I’m still the same fairly symptomless except for I’m exhausted today but I wasn’t in bed until 1am so I think that’s why. I want some symptoms. I know that sounds mental to most people though!!!

@Fitz2020 I’m sure your symptoms will start soon enough :)

Ugh... litte update on me. Such a rollercoaster. Before we went to get our blood draw today, I went to the toilet, wiped and saw blood... not brown this time, but pink/red. And it was quite a fair bit of spotting each time I wiped.

I tried to stay calm and we went to the hospital. Turns out the department that draws blood was already closed, so we couldn’t do the beta.

Since I was a bit panicked I decided to go to urgent care again...

While explaining the situation to the triage lady, I just broke down and cried... a lot. UGH... I hate crying in front of strangers.

So we then went up to the Ob/Gyn floor and the lady doctor was very nice, way better than the previous two. She did an ultrasound and we could see the yolk sac as well as the embryo. There was a hint of a flicker which she said *could* be the heartbeat, but she couldn’t be 100% certain. So that was a bit of a relief :flower: I loved seing the embryo...

She said it wasn’t necessary to do yet another beta test like the previous doctor had ordered, as it was evident on the ultrasound that my pregnancy was progressing.

I asked during the ultrasound if she could see anything abnormal in my uterus that could’ve been the cause of the spotting, and she said she couldn’t tell for sure, but that something with my endometrium looked a little "detached". Told me that the pregnancy is still ok for now, I should take it easy, not exercise for a while (I’d told her I went to the gym yesterday).

Feeling a bit better now but still worried. Checked down there just now and there’s barely anything there now, just a bit of light-brownish again.

Pineberry while stalking this thread o just realised you're due your lovely little Portuguese baby on my birthday! Congratulations to you! <3

Pineberry while stalking this thread o just realised you're due your lovely little Portuguese baby on my birthday! Congratulations to you! <3

Aww that's lovely!! :flower: Thank you for your kind message :hugs:

Amazing news @Poas addict . Welcome to the group. I’m also a poas addict. Still doing tests. I’m petrified of losing this baby and feel better when I see a strong line. I know that doesn’t actually mean anything but I still can’t help it.

Oh @Pineberry you just have got such a fright, thank god everything is ok. Lovely to get to see your beautiful baby. Xxx

Aw that’s amazing @Pineberry so lovely to see.

I woke up with a really stuffy nose and a sore throat this morning, I’m hoping that’s good but would love some other sign. Feel I should have more by now. Xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->