••March 2021 ttw & test thread••

What time of the day is it best to test for tracking ovulation?

So sorry to those who had a visit from old af, wishing you a good fresh cycle ahead x

thanks for the chemist warehouse frer sale! I’ll get onto that. I spent a small fortune on opk kit this month, $35 is insane! But just couldn’t resist.

I CD 6 and starting to feel fertile lol. I get really anxious around this time as I worry dh will get cold feet suddenly. Anyone else like that?
Yes I was trying to be very non-Chalant as to not give the impression how very important sex is to me for the next few days!!

What time of the day is it best to test for tracking ovulation?
In general they recommend early afternoon because it’s common for the surge to start in the morning but it won’t be detectable in the urine for a few hours. Personally, I test in the mornings and that works better for me, and I have a threshold of darkness (still negative) that if I hit, I know the surge is starting and I test every time I pee until it’s over because sometimes my surges are very fast. But it really depends on what works for you as an individual. If you haven’t established what works for you, I’d say test in the early afternoons as recommended and twice a day if possible to avoid missing the surge. Always after a good long hold so the urine isn’t diluted.

I’m cd6 and have ewcm with some pink through it. Any ideas what this is? Can’t be o yet surely?

So after yesterday’s cramps I stocked up ready for af today. Still think she’s going to be here but nothing yet and so far no cramps today. Boobs are still sore when I poke them and heavy feeling in stomach. Hoping there is still a small chance of my BFP appearing

So after yesterday’s cramps I stocked up ready for af today. Still think she’s going to be here but nothing yet and so far no cramps today. Boobs are still sore when I poke them and heavy feeling in stomach. Hoping there is still a small chance of my BFP appearing
I think I spoke too soon. Cramps are back :-(

Good luck @AlwaysTheAunt !

@Rach87 Sorry about af. Wishing you lots of luck this next cycle xx

That's me got full blown af this aft. Another short cycle, 19 days this time just rediculous! Might give it one more cycle, scrap the supplements, except folate. Keep an eye on my temp for ovulation but that's all.
If I was younger or never had my 2 boys I'd maybe get things looked into. I don't feel I want to go down that route at this point in my life. having fallen pregnant last year I didn't think it would be so hard now. I don't think its meant to be. One more cycle, see if things get better.
I'm sorry af got you. That is a very short cycle. How's it breaking down for you? How many days in each phase?

Good luck @AlwaysTheAunt !

@Rach87 Sorry about af. Wishing you lots of luck this next cycle xx

That's me got full blown af this aft. Another short cycle, 19 days this time just rediculous! Might give it one more cycle, scrap the supplements, except folate. Keep an eye on my temp for ovulation but that's all.
If I was younger or never had my 2 boys I'd maybe get things looked into. I don't feel I want to go down that route at this point in my life. having fallen pregnant last year I didn't think it would be so hard now. I don't think its meant to be. One more cycle, see if things get better.
It might even be worth to get the cd21 blood test just to see if you ovulate. I was worried about early menopause because my mum was only 37 when she started.

@iak, I always test after 4 pm. You shouldn’t drink 2 hours before you test. A good long hold is also good, but I cannot hold longer then an hour. It works for me, I always get a precise result, as long as I don’t drink these two hours.

I’m trying super hard to wait until my test date (10dpo, 3/13) because logically I know it would be a waste of a test before that and the chances of a positive are slim to none, but aggggh it’s tempting. This TWW does feel like it’s going a little bit faster though, thank God. 5 days down, 5 to go for the first test day. Wish me strength lol

I'm sorry af got you. That is a very short cycle. How's it breaking down for you? How many days in each phase?

@motherofboys & @loeylo
Yes a very odd 2 cycles. Last cycle was 20 days with ovulation day cd9. This one was a 19 day cycle with ovulation cd10. Never had short cycles before. Only the occasional longer one.
Generally I'm quite normal with a 28-30 day cycle. Ovulation cd14-16.
Since wee Gruffy died I've had a few normal ones and some crazy ones. The worst being the last 3....and 2 of those with different supplements. So I need to rule those out first. There's defo my age to consider though, no family history of early menopause. Could be something or nothing. Stress of home learning! :haha: see what happens this month and take it from there.
Thanks ladies x

Supplements may be to blame, I know I used them to make the phase between ovulation and af longer when I had only 6 days between so its reasonable to assume they can make it shorter too.

Yes, definitely!
I started taking vitex last month to prolong my lp phase ( mine is usually 12 days) and my period was really weird, I’ve started spotting 6 days before my period, which is very unusual for me.
I stopped taking it, will stick to folate this month.

Supplements may be to blame, I know I used them to make the phase between ovulation and af longer when I had only 6 days between so its reasonable to assume they can make it shorter too.
It's weird, we shall see!
At least my temping it looks like I have been ovulating, I was concerned about that. Don't know if my temp increased enough though and that could indicate low progesterone couldn't it?
I fell pregnant last year without trying at all, that's where I'm finding this all so flippin frustrating. Why not now? :cry:
:brat::brat::brat: that's better!! Lol xx

Yes, definitely!
I started taking vitex last month to prolong my lp phase ( mine is usually 12 days) and my period was really weird, I’ve started spotting 6 days before my period, which is very unusual for me.
I stopped taking it, will stick to folate this month.
Me too! Keeping it simple :) x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ashhmichelle
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"