Surprise at 41!

Reaction score
Hey girls, just saying hello as I’m 41 and have just found out I’m pregnant with my second child.
It’s been a big surprise as I’m peri menopausal and wasn’t ttc, but it’s a happy accident!
I always wanted two children and had pretty much given up hope of my daughter getting a sibling, but here we are!

What amazing news! Thanks so much for sharing!!! I'm (still) 40 and have started TTCing again for a long hiatus with health issues. I hope to join you soon!! How did you know that you're in perimenopause?

What amazing news! Thanks so much for sharing!!! I'm (still) 40 and have started TTCing again for a long hiatus with health issues. I hope to join you soon!! How did you know that you're in perimenopause?

I’d been to the doc about my symptoms, tiredness, shedding hair (as in blocking the plughole whenever I washed my hair) my periods went from being six days long, to only three, night sweats, brain fog (worse than usual) and oh my days, the mood swings!
The doc confirmed that I was/am perimenopausal.

Now I get to swap the perimenopause symptoms for pregnancy ones

I also have more than one chronic illness (ME, Fibro, IIH, hEDS which are the physical ones) so I know this pregnancy isn’t going to be easy, it wasn’t easy when I was pregnant with my daughter at 29! But it’s going to be worth it.

I really hope you get your BFP soon! ❤️

Congratulations! I'm in peri too, but a few years older than you. How did you know you were pregnant? The symptoms are so similar!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->