Should I be concerned ?

Kiwiberry

Mommy to 3 beautiful girls & 2 adorable boys!
Reaction score
I'm currently just shy of a 34 weeks with my fourth pregnancy. Some history as head to premature babies and one full-term baby, no known reason for why I give birth early. I'm on the Makena shot which is basically a synthetic progesterone, I've been getting them every week since the start of 2nd trimester. The progesterone shots worked for my son, he was born full-term. However, with this baby the past two weeks going on 3 weeks I've had tear my butt diarrhea. My doctors don't seem to be concerned at all about it even though I mentioned it and try to get some to see if I was dehydrated, they just don't seem to care. So I assumed maybe it was normal? But I read on the McKenna website said diarrhea could be a normal side effect or it could be a sign of becoming resistant to the synthetic progesterone. I'm assuming it's probably because maybe I'm becoming resistant can the medication? I'm only assuming this because it was kind of a sudden onset, normally diarrhea would come and go for me but this time it has not gone away at all.

Anyway, the past half-hour or so I've been having what feel like early labor contractions. They are a little more painful than the Braxton Hicks said I would randomly get so far. I am posting some time stamps and when they happened and how far apart they are. Should I be concerned or should I just wait the hour and see what happens? Could these still be considered Braxton Hicks and I have nothing to worry about?

Screenshot_20210531-085855_Contraction Timer.jpg

Waiting on my provider to call back, they're still going.

Screenshot_20210531-095317_Contraction Timer.jpg

Thank you ladies. I think they stopped for now. I still have the residue type feeling but no contractions in 20 minutes.

I did talk to the on-call doctor, if they continue I'll be heading in to be examined just to be safe.

I'm glad they have stopped. Hoping they don't start back up again.

I'm glad they have stopped. Hoping they don't start back up again.
I've never had this happen before. Can contractions t stop all of a sudden then start again? Can you still go into labor?

@Kiwiberry so glad they stopped! I hope the diarrhea stops too. That’s miserable.

with this pregnancy I had many instances of consistent, mildly painful contractions that totally worried me. Started at 27ish weeks and happened randomly a couple times a week. Baby stayed in until 40+5! Hope this babe stays put until at least 37 weeks for you!!

This is the first time they actually were consistent for almost 2 bours, it's also the first time during this pregnancy that they were that painful and combined with the diarrhea, it was a bit concerning. I'm hoping they stay away now.

I've been having braxton-hicks type contractions since the actual contractions stopped, they are sporadic.

I've been having braxton-hicks type contractions since the actual contractions stopped, they are sporadic.
How are you now kiwi? Baby still staying put? Did they ever do a blood draw for dehydration?

Hi hon

With my last pregnancy I had predominal labour from 33 weeks.
The contractions wud get to 2 mins apart and it wud go on all night and then by morning it wud fizzle out.
I also lost the whole mukas plug at 34 weeks exactly and bloody show with it.
I was in hospital again with contractions at 35 weeks.
And at 36 weeks I had a appointment to me be monitored and while in the waiting room I started getting contractions again and in my back.
They showed on monitor and the midwife told me I wudnt be going home and I had to be moved to delivery.
They said they wud try and stop labour as they don't like womon having babies any earlier that 37 weeks because there lungs are not mature enough.
Anyway I had these contractions all afternoon and all night and spent most of my time strapped to a monitor..
U cud see them and they looked big.
The midwife looking after me in delivery said it was early labour and they will see how I get on during the night.
Low and behold morning came and contractions has fizzled out yet again.
The poor midwife cudnt believe it and said she felt for sure I wud of had the baby by now.

I still made it too my induction day at 37+3 weeks.
I was so hoping all the contractions did something but my cervix Was only 1cm dilated and I had to have the passery to shorten it and a drip up to dilate quicker.

In the end I was told what I was having b4 was predominal labour.
So it's like the real thing and gets very painful and regular but not much is happening.

So try not to worry hon.
I've had diareah this week real bad in not sure if it's the heat or if I had a bug. It lasted 2 days and everything I ate/drank went right through me.

When I was having the predominal labour I timed it as well and it kept flashing up saying labour get to hospital ASAP.

So please don't worry hon.
U cud get checked out just to be sure and they can do a swab that will tell them if it is labour or labour is approaching.

Hope baby stays put for a few more weeks yet hon. Praying u make it to full term and baby is supper healthy.

When real labour starts it won't fizzele out it will just get stronger and stronger and contractions will be one after the other.

When they Induced me and my contractions started they felt exactly the same as the predominal contractions.
They were 20 mins apart then 10 then 8 then 5 then 3 then 2 then 1 then it was just one after the other and the pain got so so bad to the point I needed a epidural.

Hopefully it's just ure body getting ready or it's just predominal labour like I had.
I will pray u go full term hon.

Hope I've helped ease ure mind a bit..
Not long now for you

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back