Is it safe to feed my baby this?

M

mandaxx

This might sound like a stupid question, but is it ok if my baby will only eat vegetables for dinner? She has cereal and milk for breakfast, or fromage frais. Then for lunch she has a large banana mashed, or fromage frais if she had cereal for breakfast. Then she has veg like cauliflower, carrots, brocolli and peas mashed with potatoes and butter. For snacks she has raspberries, rice cakes, or little bites of our food.
I know it sounds silly but is this balanced enough for her? She will be a year next week. She doesn't like meat and spits it out. She has the veg and potatoes every night is this ok? My older daughter ate a variety of everything but this little one likes the healthy stuff! Should I try and add more fats, or an egg every two days for protein? Any advice would be great xoxoxo

Sounds like a pretty good balance- maybe just try to get more protein. There are plenty of options other than meat- lots of beans or eggs do as well. Our LO loves cheesy eggs- LOL- I scramble some egg with cheese and she loves it. But dairy like yogurt and cheese have good protein too.

btw- I have read that egg whites are to be avoided till after 1 yr as it can be an allergy risk I guess. Which, I didn't know before giving to LO. oops. But she wasn't allergic. I'd think your LO old enough, but you could always just do the yolks for now.

also-I know they should still be on fortified formula at 11months, but as of the next month you can use normal milk, but remember the iron!...green leafy veggies will help with that! Maybe she wants to be a vegetarian! lol

A thick lentil and veg soup is great.

Eggs are great - scrambled egg and baked beans - eggs are good from 6 months

What about minced beef - its tiny so no need to chew and easy to eat from 6 months?

What about pastas? Spag bol/lasagne made with minced beef?

You can buy minced lamb and pork too.

Cheese/ macaroni cheese?

:flower:

My first was like this she ate alot of beans and veggies, and at 5years old she still does, she likes nothing better than a salad for tea, eggs are good try spinach for iron?? Is that right lol xxx

Lentils and beans could be good for protein. My LO doesn't really like meat either and dairy makes her constipated so we give her plenty of beans and pulses for protein. She has lentil soup or veg chilli with kidney beans. Chick peas are good too. You can make them into humous and serve on toast or rice cakes or mash them with some onion and make into patties. My LO often just has veg for dinner if we're having meat and she doesn't want to eat it. Does your LO like fish? My LO will eat a bit of tuna or salmon. Maybe you could try that?

Thank you very much everyone :) I forgot to ention that she eats cheese aswell and I add Dairylea to her potatoes at times. I suppose she will get good iron from the peas and broccoli? She has beans sometimes, I could give her more and yes scrambled eggs might be a bit easier for her to eat than eggs beat up in a cup. Plus I will probably end up eating more of her eggs beat up in a cup than she does because they are amazing. My mum and sister are vegetarians so she might end up like them. I didn't realise yogurt etc has good protein, that's good to know! I have an older child and both of their favourite dinners are veg and potatoes, the older girl has lots of gravy with hers but still great that my little girls like their veg a lot. Thanks again for reassuring me! xxoxox

Will your LO eat fish? Like fish fingers or tuna... things like that? Might be a good way for her to get some protein if she will :) Other than that it sounds good to me!

XxX

I'm not sure, it's the texture of meat she hates so maybe not but I'll give it a go. I hadn't given her tuna yet because of the mercury content etc but my other little girl LOVED tinned sardines and mackerel etc, maybe she's old enough to eat that now xx

I think tuna is ok as long as they don't have it every day or in huge quantities.

Can anyone suggest me on how to choose the best of the best formula for my daughter emily??

She's 9 weeks old We started her on the Pre Stage holle Formula 'Cow Milk', and she seems ok on it, but i have been thinking if i should switch to some other formula.

I heard the Hipp's formulas are good.. Has anyone tried Hipp?

Can anyone suggest me on how to choose the best of the best formula for my daughter emily??

She's 9 weeks old We started her on the Pre Stage holle Formula 'Cow Milk', and she seems ok on it, but i have been thinking if i should switch to some other formula.

I heard the Hipp's formulas are good.. Has anyone tried Hipp?

Better replies would be in formula feeding section where you could start your own thread. All formulas are identical when it comes to essential nutrition so buy what you can afford and if baby is happy don’t change it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->