Does anyone happy and secure with their security system?

JoseBM123

Reaction score
Hi all

I 'm a single mother with two little kids moving into a magnificent brownstone in Toronto. I want to install a security system to calm my heart rate when I hear those creaks and groans an old house is prone to make in the middle of the night.
I would like there to be some video element to it so I can identify the visitors downstairs before I buzz them in. I did an online search and found this security company offering video alarm systems. Does anyone happy and secure with their security system? It would be great to share your thoughts!

Thanks in advance!!

Good luck! I can’t help but some semi related input re confidence and security cuz sometimes it can be quiet.

I’m not in Toronto/Canada though some I cannot stress enough how unhelpful I am going to be lol

I have anxiety disorder, so I decided not to get a security system because of my own issues.

In addition to or in place of, have you considered dogs? I have a sheltie and Aussie/rott mix (both rescues), and they have chased away unwanted solicitation and stopped three muggers. Whether it’s a fire or intruder, they no hesitation jump to protect my son or myself.

But most of all, it gives me peace of mind when I think I hear something. I know my dogs are always alert, and if it’s something I should know about they will growl or bark or somehow let me know. We share a room. They go outside when we go outside. I let them out of the car first.

I’ve lived alone since I was 19 (12 years now), and it’s terrifying. Having my dogs is honestly better to me than a security system or weapon.

you also might want to look into self defense class. I used to do krav, and it made a huge difference.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->